Chapter 10

The metal door opens. Boris quickly run into the room. Me and Sammy just walk slowly, looking around. There're only moving gears. Boris keeps running, then stops in front of something.

A Boris corpse.

Boris stands there. He seems sad.

'Maybe I should leave him alone.' I think.

Walking to a nearby bridge, we see nothing but clones and ink.

Boris clones.

"Look around. It took so many of them to make me so beautiful." Alice says to us. "Anything less than perfect was left behind. I had to do this. She made me."

Actually, I don't care. But killing someone to satisfy oneself is so fucking sick.

And I don't think I have the right to say that.

We enter a room where Alice is waiting for us. A Charlie clone is strapped to a table next to her. She is torturing him.

"Hmm. Now we come to the question... Do I kill you? ...Do I tear you apart to my heart's delight? The choices of the beautiful are unbearable. How's a girl to choose?"

"Go ahead and kill me. I don't mind." I speak in a whisper so nobody can hear that.

"Take this little freak for instance! He crawled in here... trailing his tainted ink to my door!" Alice changes tone of voice suddenly. "It could've touched me! It could've pulled me BACK! Do you know what it's like? Living in the dark puddles? It'a buzzing, screaming well of voices. Bits of your mind, swimmimg... like... like fish in a bowl! The first time I was born from its' inky womb, I was wiggling, pussing, shapeless slug. The second time... well...

It made me an angel!

I will not let the demon touch me again. I'm so close now. So... almost perfect."

Sammy's about to say something, but she continues her monologue.

"Yes, I will spare you. For now. Better yet... I'll even let you ascend and leave this place. If you will do a few eensy weensy little favor for me first." Now she offers a deal which aims at us.

"My little errand girl! Gather me some spare parts and remove those grinning demons." She looks at me  then Sammy.

"And you, trash bag! Collect three extra thick ink and bring me the valve cores."

"I refuse. Do you realize that you are ordering a girl to do such DANGEROUS things?" Sammy snaps back with a frustrated voice.

"It's ok, Sammy. Two is better than one, isn't it?" I say. "It's just some errands. I promise I'll be fine."

How many times did I say that?

"Well said, my little errand girl! I love that!" Alice giggles.

"Now return to the lift. You know what to do."

Before Sammy could say something, Alice closes the metal gate.

"Hey! I haven't done with you,   you False Angel." Sammy shouts angrily at her, but no response. The ink on his body is dripping. He huffs in frustration, returning to the lift. I just follow him silently.

"Do you know it's too dangerous for you?" He asks, not looking at me. I look away, not saying anything. This is the first time I have seen Sammy being so angry. But... he still concern about me...

'Why would you worry about me? Why would you care about me, Sammy? Aren't you the one who wanted to sacrifice me to set everyone here free?'  I ask myself. Does he want to protect me? If yes, why? Why does him do that when I... only lie to him? I do everything not for him nor Boris. Of course who wants to do those errands, and that promise? I agreed to do them only to remove the emptiness inside me. I do them because I don't want to be their burden.

I don't want to be his burden.

'So why should I stay away from Sammy? He is the one who should stay away from me.

Stay away from this scum.'

Suddenly, something catch my eyes. An ink pot with a skull sign.

~Sammy's POV~

I can't believe that (Y/N) agreed to do those errands for that False Angel. Don't she know it's too DANGEROUS for her? Well, I can't blame her for this. She just want to go home. I don't trust that Angel, even though she said she would help us, or at least help (Y/N) (and Boris) to get out of this place.

I notice (Y/N) stop in her track.

"(Y/N)?"

"Oh! Here! I'm sorry." She quickly rushes out to me. She may be about doing something. The metal door's shut.

"Here some gifts. Use them conveniently." Alice gives me a syringe and gives (Y/N) a wrench.

"Please don't make me regret sparing you. I can always change my mind."

I frown in annoyance but still take the syringe.

"I hope you remember a rule that we all know and respect down there. Beware the Ink Demon. If you see him, you'd better hide. If you don't, well, I enjoyed our date." Alice warns.

Returning to the lift where Boris is, me and (Y/N) say nothing to each other. The lift start moving. Boris tilts his head, wondering what happened.

"Nothing." I shake my head.

The lift stops at Level 11. Before I go out, I hear (Y/N) murmurs something like "Be careful". I look at her, she looks down at the floor. I  don't reply, walking out the lift to do my work.

In fact, I can't focus on what I am doing. I wander around the hall with no idea what to do as if my Lord... Bendy were controlling me. And it's not fucking funny. I gain back my conscious back only to see a Swollen One standing in front of me. I don't think he can harm me. Because of my work, I have to kill them. And I hate it. They used to be human, just like me. I want them to be free, too.

After all, it's a lie.

I kill the Swollen One instantly, without giving him a glance. He melts away, leaving an ink blob. I take it and continue my work. The sooner the better. After all of this, we'll be free, or at least (Y/N) will.

...

*Sigh* Who am I kidding?

Is Sammy Lawrence, a selfish liar, trying his best to help the one who he loves?

How ridiculous!

I stole ink, drunk them and become insane. I worshipped a cartoon character and tried to sacrifice so many lives. Richie, Jacob, Dave, Dot, Buddy, Henry... HENRY!!! He must have told (Y/N) about all of this. The studios, Ink Bendy, and of course ME! Although she told that she would help me no matter what, I have the feeling that she forces herself to do that.

Or maybe I am the reason...

<Timeskip>

I return to the lift, holding the things that Alice told me to collect. I ask Boris about (Y/N), but he shakes his head. She hasn't returned yet. Boris points at something in the corner of the lift, but I ignore. The lift stops. I walk to the metal door and slide the things inside a dropbox near it.

"That's fast, Lawrence. I really admire that." Alice voice echoes the hall. "But I think your little girl may have a little trouble with... uh, the Ink Demon."

Hearing that makes me widen my eyes in shock. I begin to feel worry. Then something hits me. What did Boris point at? I rush out to the lift to see a bag.

'IT'S (Y/N)'S BAG!!! WHY DID SHE LEAVE IT HERE???' 

I feel packied. Wait! I am worried about (Y/N)? It's not important. I must to find (Y/N) right now. Without any hesitation, I press the "Level K" button.