thirty-three

Vittoria had been excused from school under the current circumstances, but that didn't stop the school from sending her homework.

She was currently in Killian's room trying to explain whatever was on her paper.

"So if x=3 and y=4" She trailed off, biting the tip of her pencil.

"Then D= . . . i'm not doing this." She rolled her eyes, chucking the paper in the nearby trash can before flopping backwards.

She only sat up when Killian entered the room, a nervous look painting his face.

She furrowed her brows at his state, his clothes were too loose on his body, his hair resembled a birds nest, and red rimmed his eyes.

To be honest, he kinda reminded her of herself a couple of weeks ago.

"I just wanted to apologize." He started off
"For trying to um, kiss you." He elaborated, hooking his fingers together repeatedly,

"It's not fair to you since i'm still with L-Lucia." He choked up on her name but nonetheless continued.

"Also, I was such a dick when me and her started dating." He sighed rubbing his eyes.
"And you're a very important part in my life, and the way I treated you was totally uncalled for." He smiled thinly running his hands through his messy hair.

"Hey, are you okay?" She asked sincerely noticing his disheveled state as he apologized.

"Yeah! Yeah, i'm great. Never better." He internally cringed at his obviously fake enthusiasm.

"Just, tired is all." He reassured her.

She slowly nodded, not buying it.

Marcia grunted as she slid the largest chunk of her hair into the slick ponytail she had been attempting for the last five minutes

Marcella had already tied her locks into more of a distressed style, the hair all over the place but elegant.

The two were getting ready for the pre party of the Mafia Ball.

Quite honestly it was stupid to have a before party for another party that wasn't even happening for the next few weeks, but hey, the pleasures of being heiress's.

"Girls come on!" Their father yelled from downstairs as they both rolled their eyes.

"Coming father." They replied in a monotone voice treading down the spiral staircase.

"Ah, my beautiful girls." Their mother, Khai chuckled kissing their cheeks.

They turned to their husband, scoffing at how he didn't glance them.