Chapter 7: Goal!

Chapter 7: Goal!

[Louis P.O.V.]

I woke up the next morning (Tuesday) feeling like a part of me was complete. There was a warmth in my cosy bed as if I’d been cuddled all night and I smiled to myself before I even lifted my head off the pillow. I told myself not to get carried away it seemed so ridiculous, but it felt like I was falling into something pretty fast.

My phone was on the bedside table. I reached over and looked at it.

“1 Msg: Harry Styles”.

SHIT! SHIT! SHIT! When did he text me?! I opened the text urgently:

Harry:
You still up Lou :) 11:34pm.

Bloody hell, I had been asleep for ages by then. I’d had no sleep over the weekend because I was too busy crying over ruining things with Harry, and then I miss a text from him because I was so tired I fell asleep! I texted him straight back: “just got up, was knackered!” and went in the shower. He didn’t reply, but we had a class today anyway so I didn’t mind.

The seminar that morning felt completely different to the one we had on Friday. Instead of walking in alone, I walked in with four great friends (we had met in the corridor outside). I didn’t sit on my own either: Liam, Zayn and Harry sat in row three, and Niall and I sat in front of them in row two, like a proper group of mates. Harry was in his same old skinny jeans, boots, sheer shirt and cute hair bun. I was in a hoodie today, skinny jeans, and comfortable shoes with my hair flicked across my forehead. I think Harry liked it that way, but I couldn’t tell. I wanted to look good for him though, even though his own sex appeal seamed so effortless.

My sass was on point today because I was filled with happy energy. The whole Harry situation had turned something on inside me. Mrs Williams gave the whole class a worksheet with some Music Production theories on it. I couldn’t be bothered with it today - I wanted to go out and play football! I began folding up an aeroplane.

‘Goodbye theories!’ I chanted as I folded the paper.

Harry behind me was laughing hysterically. Niall joined in, getting his camera phone out to record the moment. We’d be glad he did. Mrs Williams turned to the white board behind her and asked the bustling class to be quiet and get ready to begin the session. I lifted the paper aeroplane high in the air and got ready to flick it.

‘Hey, Miss!’ I shouted.

I flicked my wrist and the aeroplane sailed through the air and darted straight into her hair bun!

“GOAL!” I leapt from my seat.

The whole room roared in hysterical laughter. Harry was laughing so loud from his belly, lying back in his seat behind me.

Mrs Williams turned around with the aeroplane sticking out of her head trying not to smile over the laughter in the room and pointed to the doors.

‘Tomlinson, OUT!’ she smirked, trying to be angry.

I walked out of the room to a round of applause and waved to the cheers. My four boys were cheering for me.

‘Holy shit!’ Zayn had to clutch his stomach, ‘that boy wins at life bro!’

Harry was slumped at his desk wiping the tears from his eyes and was struggling to breathe.

‘Lou is pretty funny!’ he laughed.

I wasn’t told off too badly in the corridor - at University it’s not so much of a “telling off” as a “quiet word”, so I was back in the seminar in no time (to another round of applause) and we got on with our work. Mrs Williams asked everyone how our presentations were getting on.