Chapter 13: "Can I Stay?"

Chapter 13: “Can I stay?”

[Louis P.O.V.]

The five of us had been in Liam’s room for so long that when Harry got up to leave I quipped him about where the hell he thought he was going!

‘I call my mom this time every night!’ he smirked, ‘goodnight lads’ he waved.

‘Night!’ waved Zayn and Liam.

‘Match tomorrow!’ pointed Niall.

Harry shut the door. Bloody hell - it would be a week tomorrow since we sniped at each other on the pitch, since he scanned me up and down in the changing room, since we fell out in the seminar… and since I left the note under his door. It had been the most bewildering week of my life. I was a bit disappointed to see that Harry had just left for the night - I wanted a cuddle.

‘Does he come back out of his room after calling his mom?’ I asked Liam.

‘Nah, not usually, he likes his sleep’ shrugged Liam, drowsy from the pizza and beer.

My phone vibrated in my back pocket. Bingo! “1 Msg: Harry Styles”:

Harry:
Lou! Do you want me to text you when I’m finished? x

Louis:
Damn right!

Harry:
:P

I settled back into the sofa and looked rather content with myself. I think I had a boyfriend!

‘You look pleased with yourself!’ eyed Zayn, rubbing his stubble with a smouldering glare.

‘It’s been a good week mate!’ I flicked my head.

My sass could kick his fucking ass.

‘Yeah we noticed!’ giggled Niall.

The boys giggled to themselves.

‘Alright, out with it!’ I clapped my hands, ready for it.

There was nothing that could bring me down. I was genuinely happy inside my heart and soul for the first time since… for the first time.

‘We noticed you guys made up’ smirked Liam, ‘big time!’ he widened his eyes.

I inhaled to speak but Niall cut in.

‘You guys nearly kissed in the fucking seminar yesterday!’ he shrieked.

I lowered my head to laugh. Denial wasn’t an option they weren’t stupid, but truth wasn’t an option either because I didn’t know what it was.

‘I can’t deny he’s a handsome bloke’ I held my hands up, ‘and now that I’ve gotten to know him, the things that used to irritate me just add to his charm...’ I shook my head playfully.

‘Dude, you nearly kissed him though!’ laughed Zayn.

I simply couldn’t answer. They didn’t know the half of it - I had been writhing on top of him on his bed only a few hours ago. I shrugged, keeping tight-lipped with a huge grin.

‘I think he likes you back’ winked Liam.

‘What do you mean?’ I asked.

‘Well when you left song writing group last night he completely lost his stride. And he laughs the loudest at you Lou.’

‘Yeah!’ pointed Niall.

I shrugged.

‘What can I say, I have the comedic chops I fucking slay’ I flicked my hair.