08 - Flight Back

"I can't believe we've just FaceTimed with THE DJ Khalid" Taeyong was still mind blown over what happened two hours ago. Must be a huge fan of the producer for him to keep bringing it up.

"Let it go man" Doyoung sighed "We were all in the room with you when it happened so you don't have to keep reminding us about it"

I cleared my throat to hold back laughter. "Since we're done, that means we can leave right?"

When they said that we will be on a tight schedule, they weren't kidding. Today alone we wrapped up five interviews regarding the comebacks, all in which I tried to blend in the background in order to see how the group functions before placing my stamp on anything.

With the week nearly ending, the group has been practicing like crazy. With special appearances in events like Apple Music Fan Event and today's taping of Mickey 90th birthday, the last big thing on our agenda was the mini concert on Jimmy Kimmel show before departing back to Seoul.

"Ye- oh wait...." NCT's main manger, Yoon-Jun answer before running to the corner and handing me a gift bag. "It's from the AMAs"

Oh, how can I forget? The AMA's took place yesterday and all I can say is 'it was something', at least for me that it.

Waking up with a fever of
100-degrees, I had the chance to skip it and thank god I did because after returning, the boys filled my ear-drums with nothing but complaints, even though there were some benefits to it as well.

Regarding my fever, it went down after resting and it might seem strange for a fever of that degree to be 'eliminated' in hours time but that's completely normal for me. I am the type of catch colds easily and to wake up with higher than normal body temperature but it doesn't take more than a few couple to combat it. It takes people to fight common cold days and in worse situations weeks, but here I am healthy as a snail in just 10hours. Weird, I know.

I smiled "Thank you". Have I forgot to mention that Yoon Jun is by far the best manager any of my group mates have (excluding Ha-Joon of course, no one can beat BG). He was the first person I've met after I transitioned into NCT. So welcoming and equally funny, he was one of the rare types that worked under SME.

"Hands in" Taeyong called out. Don't tell me that 127 has a huddle-chant as well? "On 3, ok?"

"127, Regular, HUT!"

What? Something something regular HUT?

Yuta was the first to notice my disappointment. "What's Red Velvet's?"

Calling Hana and Yeonha, we stacked our hand up together and showed the boys the chant. "RED! VEL! VET! Let's get excited".

"Sound lac-"

"Don't you dare" I glared "Better than 123 Let's Go HUT!"

••••••••••••••

"Jungwoo-Ah, don't cry" His make-up artist tried her best soothe the latter, despite panicking herself. Standing in the corner, taking a bite out of a donut as I watch their conversation flow out.

"I really hope these are tears of joy" The lady looked around, trying her best to grab a hold of another member or one of their managers.