19 : Quarterly Meeting

Once the RedMare showcase ended, SME didnt take long before sending out a memo to A-Team about making our way half-way across the globe, to reunite with NCT.

As they put it: I missed too much.

Of course, BG refused it, requesting that we get a few weeks vacations, especially since I cut mine short by flying out to the last two RV concerts.

He asked for 21 days off.

The company agreed to 10.

BG wrote back, changing it to 28, just for the sake of it. And boy, oh boy, did shit erupt.

Sensing that neither one of us isn't backing down, both sides came up with an even two weeks: fourteen days. With the condition that the team must figure out our do'es and don't's for this quarter ASAP!

But of course, we pushed it off until today:  day 13 of 14. AKA the final day of the oh-so-generous 'break'.

"This quarter is by no means easy," BJ notes out just as our scheduled meeting started. Normally, it isn't mate, so none of us are really surprise.

"It's legit hell," Hana sighs out, "They must be insane if they think you can do all of these"

"That's why we need to carefully pick and choose the ones to keep and the ones to toss out" BJ said as he took a seat, frustration very much clear in his tone. "Sofie (her office manager) wants a copy back by morning"

I couldn't help but mumble out a "I miss Sofie", as I continue to rock back and forth in the reclining chair in a soothing rhythm. "She's coming back Tuesday, right?"

"Yeah,"

How nice.

Glad to see she's having the time of her life on her well-deserved vacation with Jang Hyuk and their kids while we're being treated as nothing more than Marionettes puppets, getting stringed along everywhere and getting overworked to the bone.

Kidding!

In actuality, she deserved the break more than any one of us. As soon as the new year rolled in, she's been locked in her office for days on end, waking up and falling asleep to nothing but work.

Jang Hyuk (her husband & one of sme's choreographer) had to drag her out routinely so that she can get her daily dose of Vitamin D from the sunlight. She tried protesting, saying she can get the same nutrients from supplements but he strongly refused.

So you bet that by the time we saw her, she was barely functioning. A living, breathing Zombie of some sort. She really took workaholic to a whole another level.

I mean, we all literally alhad to get on our knees and beg her to take a couple of days off since she looked like she was one blow away from exploding.

But when that didn't work, we did the next best time: we karate-chopped her unconscious, had her husband kidnap her back to their hometown, and forced her to take a break.

When she woke up, she nearly killed Jang Hyuk, hell, if she could she would've jumped through the phone and killed all of us with a flick of her wrist. But once she saw her kids, her anger was quick to defuse and she reluctantly agreed to the vacation.