16 - A Proper Farewell

a/n: alice's pov while she was unconscious

_____________

Nothing but darkness surrounded me.

How long has it been? A few hours?....Days? WEEKS? I have no idea where I am or how I got here. But rest assure I know for a fact that I'm most definitely alon-

"-bored" What the frick was that? "I'm bored Professor"

In the far corner of the room came a tiny spark a few feet away from where I was positioned. The flare radiated a strong source of light, creating what seems to be a black hole in the region.

"Aren't you always?" As the hole continues to expand, a sudden snap echoed the room before a little girl came to view.

"Yeah but this time .... I'm bored of being bored" The small human pouts, crossing her arms while adjusting her legs in a criss-cross position on the floor. "Can we play a game?"

"M-Me?" I asked terrified of her sudden entrance. "I-I don't know you kid, why w-would I play with you?" I have watched enough horror movies to know what these types of situations lead to.

"Have you completed all of your assigned work?" Fxxk. I clenched my chest immediately once another person came into view. "They're due Friday noon" She was much taller then the latter, older even. Perhaps her sister or mother.

"Yes. All completed"

Walking towards them, I yelled out a "Hello?" while still keeping my distance. Who knows what they are capable of. "Can you hear me?" But just like before, no answer. And no matter how many times I repeated the action, either of them ever responded back.

"Very well Miss...." The elder nods before placing the last set of books onto the bookshelf. "What would you like to play?"

Taking a few more steps closer to them, I was quick to realize that the closer I got, the further they went. "I wanna play one of your games. The one you played with your friends when you were younger"

The elder laughed instead. "Are you implying that I'm old?"

"Well..." A petite voice joins in on the giggling session. "You are very wise professor. The wisest I know"

"I'm glad you see me in such good light Madame" The middle-age lady flashes what seem to be a smile before picking up the youngster and placing her on her lap. "Shall I tell you a story this time?"

Without hesitation, the girl nods with a grin plastered on, her emotions easily being displayed on her face. "Tell me about Seoul" The child begged, her grey eyes silently pleading. "Wait no, tell me the story about the dreamer"

"Again?" The middle-age woman asked but one look at the child automatically caused her to approve the request. "Should I start from the beginning or where we stopped last time?"

"Middle"

"Ok, let's see" The lady hums, rocking her feet briefly before resuming. "The dreamer...."

"Elise"

"Yes Elise" The elder repeats before caressing the child's head gently. "Elise got four tickets to four different companies but she didn't know where to go"