20 - Chicago

"You can't be fucking serious. This is a joke, right?" BJ's voiced boomed, his Busan accent thicker than ever, a trait that only occurs when he is fuming. "Because you know damn well that you have no right to just drop that kinda bomb without even giving us a warning beforehand"

Not expecting his cusses, the person on the other end of the call cleared his throat with ease, though you could pick up his discomfort by the way he shifted his seating position for the nth time since the call started.

"HaJoon-ah," Mr Sidekick sighs out, "I really don't know what to say.....I mean it was a unanimous vote. Everyone on the board, including CEO LEE, agreed to it"

Yeah but it's clear as day who suggested such an idea.

"And I really was gonna tell you. You know this was not our intention at all. But it was either this way or risk it leaking"

Does he really expect us to believe that someone got wind of the situation and threatened to blackmail? C'mon Sidekick, get a more believable excuse next time because we ALL know no one has that kind of freetime in the agency.

"I was going to say until y'all got back to Seoul for the lil' switch-a-roo with Red Velvet for the fan meetings in two weeks or even during the HDL promos but....my hands was really tied"

Tied hands my ass.

You dropped the news before letting A-Team know because you know damn well it was gonna be tossed.

But I gotta give him credit, he calculated it perfectly.

With Sofia out of the office, it's no wonder the idea was brought up during the board meetings. He knew damn well if she had been present, she was not going to have it.

"Quit bullshiting me WooYoung.....-nim" Though he added the honorifics at the end, we all knew there was no respect in his tone. More like mockery. Hell, just hearing it felt like a sting bite from a venomous snake. "This is exactly what you wanted, wasn't it? You ju-"

He cuts him off mid-speech. "I seriously don't know what else you want from me HaJoon...-nah" It's clear he felt the venom from the last statement, so much so he tried to counter the attack and yet still failed to do so.

Kind of pathetic really.

BG took the call off speaker and walked out of the room, his jaw clenched.

The PA automatically locked eyes with me before glancing at the door, exhaling out loudly. We both know that the conversation was not gonna end well.

After a minute or two passed with no words uttered, I stood up. "Soooo.....are we waiting for him or can we start heading down to the bus?"

Without waiting for an answer, I skipped over to the bed to grab a hold of my carry-on before placing it on top on the suitcase. I impatiently tapped the bar as I wait for a verbal answer.

"Hello?"

"....gosh" Hana mutters, straightening out her posture, eyes glossy.

"No," I was quick to order, sensing what was about to happen. "From day one, you promised to never look at me with those eyes"