Chapter 2

"Hop off the phone, college
I know it's so important
I'm focused on fortunes, yeah, yeah
I'm scorchin', show her out to shortage
I rock Air Forces, don't force shit
Not burnt, I'm raised in the darkness, huh
Long hair-air-air, blow her-er-er
Juices and berries ain't no perk (uh-uh)
Ice cream, my sneaks look like Big Worm (come 'ere)
Get it big, get the facial, oh
Never let the bullshit faze ya, look
You're too big, you're too big, you're too big, big..."

Smino—"Rice & Gravy"

Erik found the radio station.

But he was too late.

Buttafly left a mere five minutes before he arrived. The scowl on his face frightened the station manager and Erik stomped out with twisted lips and a gray mood descending upon him as he headed back to the dorm with raindrops falling from the sky. Shoving his hands in his pockets, he tried to lose himself in the people scurrying to get out of the light rain while searching for new buildings. Many stared at map apps on phones and he felt less alone in orienting himself on the campus.

A few female students ogled him as he made his way back inside the main entrance of his building. One in particular caught his attention as her eyes made like elevators and dragged up and down his physique. Short and chunky with a cute smile, and gorgeous brown skin, she tossed back straightened hair that fell to her shoulders and curled under at the ends. Erik liked the way she walked twisting her hips as she moved among new students answering questions and pointing out directions. She must've been one of the student volunteer guides. Probably a junior, she waved at Erik and he pretended to be lost just to talk to her.