Chapter 40 Finale

"Love, let's talk about love
Is it anything and everything you hoped for?
Or do the feeling haunt you?
I know the feeling haunt you"

Kendrick Lamar Feat. SZA – "All The Stars"

It took Killmonger nearly eighteen months to lay physical eyes on Ulysses Klaue during a deranged scheme to provide security for a desert warlord in Mosul. The dark web had been his tool of choice to get next to the man who was next to the man. His name was Huntsman, a South African with a pinched face and settler roots. The man's grandfather was part of a coalition set to destroy the ANC and Nelson Mandela back in the day.

Klaue sent Huntsman to gather intel about damaged Assyrian artifacts. For years, the war-torn parts of Iraq were being stripped of their history and cultural artifacts. The world had been plagued with other concerns, namely the Atlanteans and Russian aggression in Eastern Europe, so tomb raiders took advantage. The so-called Middle East had the global reputation of being a problematic hotspot due in part to American interference, but now the world had turned its head toward other places, and thieves roamed freely in the scorching desert sands.

Tahir approached Killmonger with a computer tablet showing coordinates and pictures.

"Is this what you are looking for?" Tahir asked.

Killmonger tapped the screen and enlarged a picture of covert mercenaries leaving a popular watering hole for terrorists.

"That's him. The guy behind Huntsman. He's the one I saw in Turkey with Hadeer Mahmoud, the scalper."

"Nasty piece of work, Killmonger. Maybe we should wait until he isn't in the company of barbaric killers."

Killmonger rolled up his sleeves and Tahir glanced at the scars that covered every inch of flesh on his arms.