Chapter 14

"Can't think about it enough
You know i can't enough
Enough
Enough
Enough
Can't think about it enough
Enough
You know i can't enough
Mmmm
Babe how did this escalate
Your sexiness i can't escape
Will this ever fade away
Babe how did this escalate
Your sexiness i can't escape
Will this ever fade away..."

Emmavie, Feat. Arran – "Oops"

Disa noticed the change in Erik around the time she braided his hair for the first time. She had allowed him to stay in her house for the rest of the summer for three main reasons: he made her feel safe having a man in the house when she came home late at night despite having a security system; he kept the house sparkling clean, and he cooked a hell of a Sunday dinner every week.

The first reason was of great importance. There had been a rash of strange men running up behind women and attacking them when they came home alone. One woman had been killed during a home invasion after she jogged around her own neighborhood. Another attack was a vile attempt to break a woman's door down seconds after she entered her home. Lucky for her, she had her cell phone in her hand and she called the police right away. The third attack was thwarted near some campus housing because the woman had a male roommate who ran outside and chased the predator away. Three different suspects and three different areas in town had Disa concerned, and rightfully so. She kept her key fob jammed inside her palm with the thickest key pointing out like a weapon everywhere she went. Her head was on a swivel and her eyes observed her surroundings.