Chapter 12

"Silhouette of a perfect frame
Shadows of your smile will always remain
Beginner's luck soon fades away, oh, baby
We go on, I will always stay

Long as I live (Long as I live, you will be my first love)
My first love (Girl, oh...)
Long as I live (You will by my first love)
My first love (And I'll choose you again)"

Rene & Angela- "My First Love"

"I don't think you've thought this through, Erik, so I refuse to accept what you're saying."

Erik sat on the couch in Disa's living room and watched Chloe toss back her hair over her shoulder as she glared at him with wine-laced eyes. The words 'We should break up' had fallen on deaf ears. Chloe was not having it.

Disa had been away from Cambridge for over a month and Erik had enjoyed the freedom of living in her home... alone... until Chloe insisted on coming over to spend time with him. He had chickened out with breaking up with her after his birthday celebration. Disa flew out of town and her presence away from him was like being weaned off of a narcotic. He went to class, TA'd, practiced capoeira in Disa's backyard, and cooked heavy meals for himself in her kitchen. He put off breaking up and indulged Chloe's company longer. Without Disa being around, Erik's life was normal. In fact, Chloe shone brighter in his eyes and he thought he'd made a mistake about breaking up so soon. They went to the movies; he cooked her meals at the house and they had long slow sex in his new bed inside Disa's guest bedroom. The sex had him sated and making travel plans with Chloe. They would have to fly to Italy soon to take part in a wedding party for their classmate. He was living the life.