51

"hurry up, bells." dream called out from the bedroom.

"i'm coming, calm your tits." she answered, "come help me zip up this dress." she let out with a giggle.

dream opened the bathroom door, stopping for a second to take in how beautiful she looked. her hair loosely curled, stopping just below her shoulders. her makeup, accentuating her already perfect features. the light pink floral dress which perfectly complimented her eyes.

"wow." he breathed out, "you look perfect."

"thank you." she smiled brightly, "now if you could." she pointed to her back.

"of course." he replied, carefully zipping up the back of her dress. "nice dress, i wonder who picked it out for you."

"just some random homeless guy i met." belle grinned ear to ear.

"oh come on now." he scoffed, lightly nudging her.

"come on we are going to be late." she said, pulling him out the house. "we are getting a taxi cause i want to drink."

"how far away do they live?" dream asked.

"thirty minutes." she answered with a smile.

the night dream was going to meet her family. was he nervous? absolutely. was he also excited to find out if her mum had baby pictures? absolutely.

the pair sat in the taxi, belle making small talk with the driver while dream admired her surprising social skills. it's not every day you met someone who's job was to stay inside and play video games all day to have such charisma.

"yeah and i proposed to her on holiday." the lady said smiling ear to ear.

"that's so sweet!" belle beamed, "where did you guys go on holiday?"

"we were in sicily!" she answered excitedly.

when the couple arrived outside belles parents house, dreams heart began to race. he knew he was going to meet them but it never actually hit him until they were walking up to the door.

their hands were interlocked, belle giving his a reassuring squeeze as she rang the doorbell.

"you'll be fine. they'll love you." belle said quietly, dream just giving her a nervous smile in return, making her giggle.

"honey!" her mum greeted with a warm smile, "you must be clay."

"nice to meet you." he returned the gesture putting his hand out to shake hands.

"don't be silly." she laughed, pulling him in for a hug. "you're quite the handsome young man."

"mum!" belle said loudly.

"what? just an observation." she shrugged, letting him go and opening the door wider to let them in.

her dad was in the living room with kayden and got up as soon as he saw the young couple walk through the door.

"belle, clay!" he said enthusiastically, shaking dreams hand, "good to meet you."

"you too, sir." dream replied nervously.

"don't be daft, call me micheal." her dad laughed.

kayden stayed on the couch, avoiding eye contact with his sister and her boyfriend.

"are you not going to say hello?" belle half joked.

"hi." he mumbled, still not looking their way. their parents were now in the kitchen finishing off making the dinner.