three

Corinne sat next to Raven and Hank as she talked to the newly recruited mutants. This was the first time she's seen all of them together. Corinne didn't go to recruit after Charles and Erik decided it was best if she stayed here. She sighed as she sat around, not knowing what to say. "We should think of codenames," Raven suddenly said. "We're government secret agents now, we should have codenames," she said quickly. "I wanna be called Mystique," 

Corinne stared at her and laughed, "Damn, I wanted to be called Mystique," Sean, one of the recruits said loudly. Raven laughed and quickly sat up, "Well tough, I called it," she said before quickly shape-shifting into Sean. Corinne stared at Raven impressed, "Woah," everyone laughed excitedly. Raven smiled, "And I'm way more mysterious than you," she said. Everyone started to clap and Corinne nodded as Raven shape-shifted back to herself. "Darwin what about you?" Raven asked. 

Darwin stared at her surprised, "Well, uh, Darwin's already a nickname, and you know, sorta fits," he said quickly, "Adapt to survive and all," he added. "Check this out," he stood up and walked towards the small fish tank. He placed his head inside and suddenly gills grew on his face, Corinne's eyes widened with surprise. Everyone laughed and he bowed down thanking everyone. "What about you?" Darwin asked curiously. 

Everyone's gaze averted towards Sean, "I'm going to be," he started thoughtfully. "Banshee." he said. Corinne stared at him curiously while Hank quickly nodded and stared at him confused, "Why do you wanna be named after a wailing spirit?" Hank asked. Banshee stood up and sighed, "You might wanna cover your ears," he muttered before lowering himself in front of the table. Corinne covered her ears and he quickly blew making a loud wailing sound cracking the window in front of them. 

Her jaw dropped in shock, "Wow!" she said, Banshee laughed and quickly walked back to his seat before looking at Angel, "Your turn," he said. Angel nodded and stood up before taking off her sweater, "My stage name, is Angel, kinda fits," she turned around and revealed a pair of fairy wings. Corinne stared at them in awe, they were so pretty! "You can fly?" Raven asked in disbelief as she admired the wings. 

"Uh huh, and um," Angel started, she looked outside and quickly spat a fireball on the top of some statue's head. Corinne laughed, and Angel quickly looked at Corinne, "What about you?" she asked curiously. Corinne blinked and didn't know what to say, she stood up and smiled, "I'm thinking maybe, Burst," she said before quickly raising her arm at the aquarium and exploding the tank. Everyone glanced at her in awe and clapped excitedly, she laughed, "That's not all," she quickly stared at the glasses on the table and lifted them in the air. 

"That's so cool!" Darwin said, Raven laughed and Corinne quickly stared at Hank, "What about you Hank?" she asked curiously. Hank stared at her hesitantly and quickly looked away as he didn't answer. "How about Bigfoot?" Alex teased, everyone went quiet, Raven stared at Alex and quickly answered, "Well you know what they say about guys with big feet, and yours are kinda small," Raven said, Corinne held in a laugh. 

Corinne then looked at Alex, "Alex wanna show everyone what you can do?" she asked curiously, he stared back at her and shook his head politely. "I don't know, I just- can't do it here," he muttered. Corinne frowned, "Can you do it out there?" Darwin asked. Alex still looked a bit hesitant, but quickly stood up and walked outside. Everyone peeked from the window and he rolled his eyes, "Stay back," he said. "I said stay back, whatever," he muttered. He then blasted these red energy disks everywhere, Corinne gasped in surprise before clapping. "That was awesome!" she shouted. "I know what we should name you, Havok," she said quickly.

Soon though, Charles, Erik and Moira walked past, "Oh hey! Hey! We have codenames now, and I was thinking, you should be Professor X," Raven said pointing at Charles, "And you should be Magneto," she pointed at Erik. Corinne stared at Erik as Charles looked at Raven in disappointment, he shook his head and sighed. Corinne then walked towards Erik but he turned away, she frowned, "Corinne, really?" he muttered before looking away. "I'll see you later," he said before following Charles and Moira. 

--

Soon everyone was having fun until Corinne suddenly heard a banging noise, "Guys," she started, "Is that supposed to happen?" she asked as the banging noise went louder and louder. Raven shook her head and everyone started to head to the window to see what was happening, Corinne gasped as she saw a man fall from the sky. She screamed, "What was that?" she shouted. She looked outside and saw more people falling and- a mutant. Corinne raced and huddled everyone below the couch as they suddenly saw a tornado. 

She covered everyone with a force field as debris fell from the crashes, "What do we do?" Raven asked quickly. Corinne then raced towards the teleporting man and quickly watched as he killed countless of soldiers. "You guys go!" she shouted as he then grabbed onto her hand and she was teleported into the air, she screamed as he dropped her. She quickly felt someone grab onto her arm and carry her down, "Angel," she whispered, "Why didn't you run?" she asked quickly as Angel brought her back down. 

"I couldn't just leave you," she muttered, soon almost all the men were killed and a familiar man entered the room. He stared at Corinne surprised and Corinne blinked before shaking her head, he recognized her didn't he? From where though? He smiled, "My name's Sebastian Shaw, I'm not here to hurt you," he said. "I just want to ask you guys to join me, you know us mutants will never be accepted so help me and I will get you whatever you want," he muttered. 

Corinne shook her head, "No way," she said, she then looked at everyone else who agreed except for Angel who looked upset, Angel looked back and quickly grabbed onto Sebastian's hand. Corinne shook her head, "Angel.." she whispered. Angel shook her head sadly and followed Sebastian, Darwin sighed and quickly whispered something to Alex who didn't seem to want to hear what Darwin wanted to say. Darwin walked towards Sebastian and quickly held onto Angel's hand. 

"Alex!" he shouted, Alex quickly told everyone to stay away as he shot out energy disks at Sebastian and his helpers. Corinne quickly blocked everyone with a shield, "You guys we have to go!" she shouted. Alex quickly stood in shock as he saw Sebastian take all the energy and placed it in Darwin's mouth. Corinne covered her eyes and couldn't believe what she was seeing, she cried out as she watched an explosion and Sebastian was gone. Angel was gone too. And Darwin, he was dead.