thirty

Corinne stood and watched as Erik entered the school, he turned to give her a look before nodding and following Charles and the others. She sighed and quickly turned towards the exit, "Corinne, are you sure you don't want to stay?" she heard Raven say before following Erik. Corinne nodded and looked away, "I'm sure," she whispered, "I've caused you enough pain," she walked down the path. She heard someone following her and she froze. "I don't really want to talk to anybody right now so if you could just lea-"

"No, I'm not letting you just leave again," Corinne's eyes widened before she turned to face Alex, she held her breath and looked away. "Alex," she whispered, "Just move on," she said before looking at him. "I'm not worth it," she muttered as she averted her gaze towards the trees. She held onto her horns and sighed, "Look at me," she heard Alex say, "Look at me Corinne," he said sternly. Corinne looked up and stared at him emotionlessly, "I can't fucking look at you without seeing the one person I disappointed the most!" she shouted angrily, "Can't you see how much I messed up?"

Tears fell down her face as she walked towards Alex, she held onto his shirt and tugged on it hard, "I betrayed you Alex, I broke what we had to become this monster," she cried, "I made a mistake and now you have to leave me," she whispered. "Just leave, don't make this harder than it has to be, we don't belong together." Corinne placed her forehead on his chest and cried softly before he wrapped his arms around her. Alex brought his hand to her head and brushed her hair gently, "Corinne, I love you, I don't care what you did. I'm glad you're still here, you chose the right side at the end and I'm so so proud of you," he whispered.

"You are not a freak," he pulled away and Corinne wiped the tears off her face, Alex placed his hands on her shoulder and nodded. "You're not a monster, you're misunderstood." he said. "You are my wife and I love you no matter what, I love you, I'm so in love with you Corinne, I know who you are." he muttered softly before kissing her forehead lightly. Corinne pulled away and frowned before shaking her head, "I don't- I'm sorry Alex," she said quickly. "I have to go," she looked at her arm and sighed before Alex gave her a certain look, "Come on, why don't you wait until it's all healed? Then you can leave," he grinned.

Corinne stared at him curiously before looking away, "You're just saying that so I'll stay longer?" she asked. Alex blinked in surprise before shaking his head and laughing, "No no, I just want to make sure you're okay," he muttered. Corinne looked back at him and he smiled before grabbing onto her hands. "I love you Corinne," he whispered, "You know that right?" Alex asked softly, "So just let Hank fix you up before you leave," he said.

"I'll be fine," she looked at her arm and closed her eyes before rewinding the injury, Alex stared at her confused as she opened her eyes. "How did you do that?" he asked curiously. Corinne blinked and sighed, "I don't know, I've been able to use my brother's ability recently," she said before looking at her hands, "I guess that was what En Sabah Nur was talking about, I'm the goddess Isis or whatever," she muttered confused.

Alex stared at her confused and Corinne laughed before shaking her head, "Don't worry, I'll heal the injury when-" she stopped for a second before looking around and frowning, "Someone's here," she muttered, "I know him," she said. Corinne then looked at the sky and smiled before noticing Angel, she waved at him and he landed in front of her. "Angel," she grinned excitedly, "You can fly now?" she asked curiously. Angel shrugged and stared at Alex confused before laughing, "Some mutant helped, I came here since this is a safe place for mutants right?" he asked.

Corinne nodded, "Yeah, it is, I'll show you around. I used to live here you know?" she asked before grabbing onto Angel's arm. Angel stared at her curiously, "You used to live here?" he asked in disbelief, "In this huge school place?" he laughed. Corinne smiled and shook her head in annoyance, "Come on now, let's go talk to Charles," she said before dragging him inside the school. She then sighed, "His office is down the hall, he's probably not there right now but you can wait and-" Corinne patted his wings lightly. "Just be patient Angel," she whispered.

Angel looked back at her and nodded, "That guy from before, he's your?" he asked curiously. Corinne nodded and he grinned, "Alright Corinne, alright," he said as he kissed her hand lightly, "See ya later," Angel turned and left before waving. Corinne laughed and then frowned before lowering her head, she wiped her eyes and sighed. "Alex, I'm not going to stay," she whispered before turning to face Alex. Alex nodded and walked towards her, "I know, you made it very clear," he muttered.

"I love you," Corinne said confidently, Alex stared at her and cracked a smile before he wrapped his arms around her. "I know," he whispered, "I know," he repeated. Corinne frowned and quickly shook her head, "I'm so sorry," she pushed Alex away and walked towards the lab, "I have to do something, I need to-" Corinne then bumped into Erik, her eyes widened in surprise and he stared at her curiously. "Corinne," Erik muttered confused, "Beautiful as ever. Charles is down there," he said.

Corinne shook her head, "I was looking for you," she said softly. "You're the only one who can help me," she whispered. Erik scoffed and pushed Corinne away before walking away, "Erik!" Corinne shouted, "Erik you're the only one who understands how I feel!" she snapped before following him. Erik stopped and turned around, "Talk to Charles," he said sternly, "You go, and talk to Charles, I'll be waiting for you. Right here." he muttered. Corinne took a step back and nodded, "You promise?" she asked. Erik nodded.