eight

"Rinne, don't you look amazing today," Alex teased, Corinne stared at him and laughed before rolling her eyes. They had got these really cool suits, personally she loved it. It was awesome! She nudged Alex playfully and looked at Charles who seemed to be confused. Corinne looked around and realized Hank was no where to be found. She sighed, "I'm sure Hank will be here soon, don't worry," she muttered. 

Alex nodded and looked up at the plane, Corinne followed his gaze and quickly after a moment Raven spoke, "Where's Hank?" she asked, her voice echoed quietly. Everyone looked at her and suddenly Corinne caught a shadowy figure walking towards them. She looked back at Erik who stared at her confused, "Hank?" Charles called out confused. Corinne watched as he walked closer, he no longer looked human but more like a beast-like creature. She held her breath and stared at him in disbelief. 

"It didn't attack the cells," he muttered, "It enhanced them, it didn't work," Hank never looked more disappointed. Corinne shook her head and opened her mouth to say something but Raven interrupted her, "Yes it did, Hank, don't you see, this is who you were meant to be," she said softly. She raised her hand and placed it on his cheek, "This is you," she muttered. "No more hiding," Corinne nodded and gave Hank a small smile. 

Erik patted his shoulder and nodded, "Never looked better man," he said. Hank stared at Erik angrily, "Don't mock me," he said angrily. Hank immediately squeezed Erik's neck, Corinne's eyes widened, "Stop!" she shouted, she held onto Hank's arm but he pushed her away. She then bit her lip and gave Hank a certain look, "Hank!" Charles shouted. Hank let go, Erik fell to ground and looked up at Hank, "I wasn't," Erik muttered. 

Corinne helped Erik up and glanced at him wearily, "You okay?" she whispered quietly. He nodded, and she gave Hank a look. "Even I got to admit you look pretty badass," Alex said. "I think I got a new name for you," he paused as Hank looked at him. "Beast," he nodded. Hank growled, "You sure you can fly this thing?" Sean asked looking at the ship. Hank stared at the ship with determination, "Of course I can, I designed it," he said. 

As they walked into the ship, Corinne felt her head ached with pain, she winced. "Are you alright?" Raven asked. Corinne nodded and quickly sat down, she had one job. Kill Shaw. Right? That was the right thing to do wasn't it? She realized Charles was looking at her, she blinked and stared at him evenly. Corinne, make sure you make the right choice today. Corinne looked up and shook her head before looking at the ground. 

She looked across to see Alex, "Are you ready for this?" he asked as they started flying in the air. Corinne nodded, "Of course I am," she whispered, "We've been training for this," she said before looking at Erik who seemed nervous. Corinne unbuckled the seat belt and quickly stood up, she closed her eyes, they were almost there. 

--

Corinne blinked as she stared at Charles, "I can't locate Shaw," Charles muttered. She sighed and looked at Hank who had turned around, "Well then he must be underwater, and obviously we don't have sonar," Hank said quickly. Charles frowned and looked defeated, they didn't have sonar. Corinne bit her lip and felt disappointment boil in her chest, "Yes we do," Sean suddenly said. Corinne's eyes widened in shock and Charles nodded, "Yes we do," he repeated. 

Erik stood up and Corinne tried to follow but he signaled her to stay put. She scoffed and sat back down as the doors opened. She watched as Sean jumped out of the ship and she stood up, "Banshee's got a location on Shaw," Charles finally said, "You ready for this?" he asked Erik. Corinne watched as Erik looked back at her before looking back at Charles, "Let's find out," he muttered. Corinne then looked at Raven and Alex before following Erik and Charles. 

She watched as Erik hung off the plane's wheel, and quickly looked at Charles who nodded. "You can do it Erik!" he shouted. Corinne watched as Erik raised his arm towards the water and she suddenly felt the submarine from where she was. She couldn't help but smile as Erik lifted it up and then felt something hit her head hard. Corinne cried out and suddenly the whole plane was coming down. She jumped off the plane to see a man hurling a tornado towards the plane. Corinne closed her eyes and wailed in fear, she then blinked as she realized nothing hit her. 

Corinne then looked to see the plane and the submarine now crashed on the island, she flew towards the plan to see if everyone was okay. "Hey, hey!" she shouted as she looked inside the debris. "Are you-" she then felt someone grab onto her arm and she sighed in relief. "Thank god you're alive," she looked at Alex and he stared at her softly before nodding. She followed him to see Erik and Hank. She whipped the debris away with her hands and quickly ran towards Erik who sighed with relief as he saw her. 

She blinked and quickly looked at Hank who nodded, they walked towards the other mutants and Alex quickly blasted a ray of energy at the man who made the tornado, knocking him down. Corinne stared at Erik for a moment before quickly ripping the submarine apart, she yelled out as she tore the whole thing. "Go!" she shouted as she felt someone grab onto her neck. She watched as Erik ran inside, she turned around and heard Hank attacking Azazel. Corinne stared at him gratefully before following Erik. 

"Erik!" she called out as he looked around the submarine confused, he turned to face her and stared at her evenly. "Corinne," his eyes flashed with pain, Erik then looked at the ground angrily, "He's not here goddamn it!" he snapped. Corinne shook her head and raised her arm, he followed her gaze and she quickly moved the painting revealing the room where Shaw was. Erik went to go in and Corinne stayed out for awhile. 

She closed her eyes for a second, You have to stop him from killing Shaw, killing Shaw is not the answer, do you understand? Corinne closed her eyes and tried to block out Charles' voice but he continued, Corinne, you're better than this okay? Killing Shaw will not bring you or Erik peace. "What if it's the only way?" she shouted, "What if we have to do this Charles, because if we don't there will be war," Corinne held her breath as she felt ringing in her head, she shook her head. There's going to be a war either way Corinne, please. Make the right choice. Don't let him get into your head.