thirty-four

"Now really I shouldn't meddle with your love life but was there a reason?" Raven asked as Corinne walked next to her. Corinne frowned and thought back to a few days ago, "He said something about me always leaving," she whispered before looking away, "Maybe he was right?" she asked. Raven sighed and grabbed onto Corinne's arm, "You know, almost everyone here knows how much he cares about you, there's no way he meant it," she said confidently, "Maybe he was trying to send you a message?" she offered.

Corinne shook her head, Raven frowned and leaned on her gently. "Don't worry about it Cor, it's probably just a small break," she muttered. Corinne sighed and nodded before pulling away from Raven, "Then do you think it's okay if I go talk to him now?" Corinne asked. Raven immediately shook her head and rolled her eyes, "No way, if you do that, he might think you're needy," Raven muttered, "That's not what you are right?" Corinne frowned and held onto her horns before ducking under a tree.

"But then what if he thinks I don't care because I'm not talking to him?" Corinne asked, she then saw Alex who was talking to Scott, of course he was talking to Scott. She looked at Raven who gave her a certain look and sighed, "Just go," she muttered annoyed, "Don't listen to me," she said rolling her eyes. Corinne thanked her and walked towards Alex who suddenly caught her gaze, he stared at her and looked away, Corinne frowned and looked at Scott. "I was wondering, it's almost your birthday isn't it?" she asked curiously.

Scott nodded quickly and he seemed a bit surprised, "You remembered? Wow, Alex didn't even remember!" he said in shock. He then looked at Alex and sighed, "See look Corinne remembered my birthday and you didn't, what kind of brother are you?" Scott muttered with annoyance. Corinne smiled and patted Scott's back lightly, he looked at her and nodded, "So are you guys going to be doing something to? I mean my birthday's also your engagement anniversary?" he asked curiously. "Let's do something fun," he said.

Corinne nodded, "Of course," she whispered before ruffling his hair, "Anything for you Scott," she said, "Well, I'll see you later!" she added before taking a step away. Her gaze lingered at Alex for a while before she turned to leave, "Wait!" she heard Scott say, "Aren't you going to stay and talk with us?" he asked. Corinne turned around and faced him confused, she held onto her horns and shook her head before smiling, "Oh no, I'm fine, I wouldn't want to talk to the person who broke up with me," she snapped angrily.

Scott gasped in disbelief, "Oh no," he whispered before walking towards Corinne, "Are you okay? I know my brother can be a brat sometimes," he muttered before looking at Alex who stared at Scott evenly. Corinne shook her head and shrugged, "It's whatever, he meant everything he said. He can't take that back now," Corinne smiled slyly before looking at Alex who stared at her in disbelief. Scott laughed and patted Alex's back lightly, "Good luck, my oh so great brother," he teased before walking away.

"You want to talk?" Alex asked, Corinne looked back at him and blinked before nodding. She beckoned him to sit down and he did so, Corinne smiled and stood in front of him while he looked up. "You like this don't you?" he asked before smiling, Corinne nodded. Alex nodded and looked away, Corinne frowned and stared at him thoughtfully. "Are we actually broken up?" she asked suddenly. Alex bit his lip and Corinne went to sit in front of him, he shook his head, "I mean do you want to be broken up?" he asked.

Corinne stared at him and nodded, "Yeah, maybe, I mean it's not like we've been dating for like 20 years or something," she muttered before rolling her eyes. "No of course not you idiot!" she snapped before slapping the back of his head hard. Alex winced and sighed before Corinne stared at him seriously, "Talk to me Alex," she whispered, "If you don't like something don't let me go," she said softly. "Even though I'm older than you, I'm like a little kid, I see an opportunity to leave... I leave," she muttered. "Because I don't really belong anywhere,"

Alex gasped, "Don't you belong to me?" he teased gently before wrapping his arms around her and pulling her close. Corinne then frowned, "What's with this?" she asked, "Aren't we broken up?" she whispered before leaning in closer. Alex blinked and kissed her forehead lightly, Corinne frowned and he pulled away. "Come on, what was that?" she asked disappointingly. Alex gave her a certain look and shook his head quickly, "We got caught last time," he said.

"Mm, but we won't get caught this time," she whispered before placing her hand on Alex's chest. Alex held onto her thigh and Corinne smiled before kissing him on the lips, his grip tightened making her breath out shakily. Alex then pulled away before staring at her carefully, he leaned in and kissed her hard, "I love you," he whispered between kisses. Corinne nodded and closed her eyes as he touched her gently, "Okay wait," she said before getting off of him. "We shouldn't do this" Corinne laughed nervously.

She then stood up and helped Alex up before brushing down her skirt, Alex straightened up his shirt and smiled. "We're not back together yet," she muttered before kissing Alex's forehead. Alex then placed his hands on Corinne's waist making her stumble, she felt her cheeks go red, "Oh god," she whispered softly. Alex stared at her and smiled before kissing the top of her head lightly. "Wow you get flustered easily," he teased gently. Corinne's eyes widened with surprise and she smiled before holding onto Alex, "It's not like I try to," she whispered.

"Is it because of me?" he muttered softly, Corinne quickly pulled away and stared at the lake before looking at Alex. "You wish," she rolled her eyes and Alex followed her gaze, he laughed and shook his head quickly. "You see that lake?" she asked curiously. Alex blinked and shook his head, "Don't you dare," he muttered. Corinne smiled and dragged him closer towards the water, he gave her a worried look, she patted his shoulder lightly and sighed, "You can swim can't you?" she asked.

Alex shook his head, Corinne frowned and walked close to the water before taking her shoes off, "You know funny thing," she started as she sat down and placed her legs in the water. "I love this place," she then leaned towards the water and Alex gave her a certain look. Corinne sighed and stood up before staring at him, "I know, this is where we-" he started, Corinne covered his mouth with her finger. She sighed and then slipped before falling into the water, the water was cold. Corinne held her breath underwater and quickly swam back up, she tried to get out but felt someone grab onto her.

She cried out and quickly turned around to see Alex, he had jumped after her. Corinne laughed and Alex rolled his eyes before carrying her back up, "Are you okay?" he asked as Corinne sat on the cold stone. Corinne let out a laugh while Alex sighed and sat next to her before pulling her close, Corinne sighed, "That was fun though right?" she asked curiously. Alex stared at her in disbelief before scoffing, he leaned on her shoulder and sighed, "God no, Corinne it was horrible," he muttered before closing his eyes. "It was cold," he whispered.

Corinne sighed and patted his head lightly, "Oh man, we're all wet, looks like we have to take a shower," she complained before grinning. Alex opened his eyes and stared at her surprised before sighing, "I love you," he whispered. Corinne nodded and patted his head gently as he rested on her lap, "I love you too Alex," she whispered softly. She kissed his forehead lightly and smiled. He smiled back. "Can I ask you something?" she then asked.

Alex gave her a curious look and nodded, "If I asked you to kill me would you?" she asked quickly. Alex blinked and frowned before shaking his head, "Of course not," he muttered, "Why would I do that?" he asked. Corinne sighed and looked away before standing up, her skirt was soaked and everything was. "It doesn't matter," she whispered before helping Alex up, he frowned and stopped her from heading back. "It obviously does, tell me." he said sternly. Corinne nodded and looked back at him, she bit her lip and played with her fingers, "Can you promise me that when the time comes and I ask you to kill me, can you promise me you will?" she asked.

"Why would you ask such a question?" Alex replied before staring at her worriedly, Corinne scratched the back of her head and sighed. "Because it's getting worse," she whispered. "The voice, the controlling," she muttered. "I just need you to promise me Alex," Alex stared at her and he reluctantly nodded, "Say it, promise that you'll do it," she said slowly, "Please?" she asked. Alex stared at her for a long while before looking away and nodding again, "I promise," he muttered.