thirty-one

"You know, I wasn't surprised when you decided to go with them," Charles muttered as Corinne followed him. Corinne sighed, "I'm sorry," she whispered before lowering her head, Charles sighed, "I could tell," he said, "You know we all care about you Corinne," Corinne nodded. Charles looked back at her before opening a door, Corinne stared inside curiously to see Raven and some other mutants. She recognized Scott in the mix and she gave Charles a curious look, "Is this the new X-Men?" she asked.

Charles grinned and nodded, "What do you think?" he asked, Corinne smiled and patted Charles' head lightly. "I think you're finally becoming smart," she muttered before laughing, "Can I go inside?" Corinne asked curiously. Charles nodded, Corinne caught Jean's gaze, Jean stared at her and nodded. "Corinne," she heard Scott say with surprise. "You're- you're here," he walked towards her and immediately wrapped her into a hug. "How's Alex?" he asked confused. Corinne looked away and frowned, "Not right now," she whispered.

"Corinne, he loves-" Corinne slapped her hand on his mouth and Jean gave her a certain look. Corinne lowered her hand and sighed, "I don't want to talk about it," Corinne muttered. Jean frowned and walked towards her, "Corinne, can we talk?" Corinne turned to face Raven and she nodded before walking towards her best friend. "Yes?" Corinne asked curiously, Raven sighed and hugged her. "Corinne, I love you but you're interrupting my lesson," she muttered. Corinne laughed and rolled her eyes, "And since when were you the teacher type?" she asked curiously.

Raven gave her a surprised look, "I like your horns, they look cute on you," Raven whispered. Corinne thanked her before smiling, "Thank you," she said with a smile, Raven was the first one to compliment them. "Okay, I just wanted to tell you I'll be with Erik so you'll know where to find us right?" Corinne asked, Raven nodded and looked at Charles. "Okay, I love you, I'll see you later," Corinne said before kissing Raven's cheek lightly. Corinne closed her eyes and phased back to where Erik should be, she opened her eyes.

"Where's Erik?" Corinne asked as she stood face to face with Alex, Alex shrugged and walked towards her. Corinne suddenly felt her heart racing and she frowned, "Alex," she whispered softly, "T-this can't- I love you Alex, I truly do but I'm not ready," Corinne muttered. "I need time and I promise that when the time comes, I will come back to you," Corinne said quickly. "Just give me some time and I promise, I promise I'll come back. I'll do whatever you want, we can travel the world together or something, just let me go for a-"

Corinne felt tears in her eyes, "I'm a mess, I'm a mess, just let me go Alex." she cried softly, Alex wrapped his arms around her and shook his head. "Corinne," he whispered, "Are you sure you want to do this?" he asked gently. Corinne tried to speak but tears fell down her face, she shook her head, "I love you," she whispered, "I love you!" she shouted before making her hand into a fist and placing it on his chest. "I love you," she cried softly, "I do! Just don't leave me!" she cried. "Don't leave me, don't let them control me," she whispered. "Please, just get them out of my head,"

"Get who out of your head?" Alex asked sternly, Corinne's eyes widened in surprise before she pushed Alex away lightly. She frowned, "The voice-" Are you really going to tell that weakling about us? Corinne froze and shook her head, "Go away!" she shouted, "What do you-" a bookshelf fell onto the ground and crashed in front of students who stared at Corinne worriedly. "Miss Dane! Are you alright?" a student asked, "Tommy go get a teacher," Corinne shook her head and took a step back confused, "No!" she shouted. "Don't, I'm fine," she muttered.

Kitty then walked towards Corinne and frowned, "But you're not," she said softly, "And it's okay to not be Miss Dane," Kitty muttered. Corinne sighed and crouched down before holding onto Kitty's shoulder lightly, "Kitty darling, I'm fine," she said gently. "Why don't you tell everyone to go back to class okay?" she asked softly. Kitty frowned and nodded before walking away, Corinne held onto her horns and sighed before looking back at Alex. His eyebrows were raised and Corinne lifted the book shelf back up with her ability.

She looked at the students and frowned, "Alright everyone get back to class!" she shouted before cleaning up the mess she made. Corinne looked back at Alex who seemed extremely worried, he sighed, "You know Rinne, you don't have to pretend you're okay," Alex muttered. Corinne scoffed and stared at Alex carefully, "You haven't called me that in a long time," she whispered. "Why now?" she teased softly. What do you think you're doing? Why are being so nice? You are a goddess. Corinne ignored the voice and kept her gaze on Alex's, Alex then looked away flushed.

"Oh god," he muttered before covering his mouth, Corinne blinked confused and tried to look at Alex's face but he kept on looking away from her. She frowned, "What's wrong?" she asked curiously. Alex didn't answer, he then looked back at her and stared at her, his eyes filled with lust. Corinne then smiled, "Ohh, I see," she whispered before laughing, Alex's face went red and he looked away. "Ah my brother, the perv," Scott said as he came up from behind, Corinne gave Scott a certain look and he shrugged.

"And you're the exact same," Jean said before grabbing Scott's hand, Scott looked back at Jean and Corinne laughed. Scott frowned, "Now, that's not true," he said quickly, "Read my mind! It's not!" he cried as Jean gave him a disappointed look. Jean rolled her eyes and they walked away, Corinne then looked at Alex who bit his lip and laughed, "Okay, well, first of all, I just think you look beautiful," he said. Corinne tilted her head a certain look and he blinked, "Okay okay," he started, Alex pulled Corinne closer and he smiled. "Maybe I just wanted to do this," he said before leaning in and kissing her hard.

He wrapped his arms around her and Corinne closed her eyes before kissing back gently, she then pulled away, "Mm, Alex," she whispered, "I don't know, maybe people will see, maybe people will get jealous. I don't know my love, I don't know." she teased lightly. Alex grinned and kissed her hand lightly, "Goodbye Rinne," he whispered before pulling away and heading after Jean and Scott. Corinne sighed and followed him quickly, "Wait up!" she cried.