nineteen

1978

Corinne felt Alex's arm wrapped around her as she pressed closer against him, she felt her heart beating loudly as she held onto his wrist tightly, they were laying in bed. "How are you feeling?" he whispered softly. Corinne felt his lips on the back of her neck and she shuddered at the sensation, "Did you like that?" he teased. She held her breath and then breathed out slowly as he continued, he then placed his fingers around her neck, Corinne felt a wave of pleasure. Corinne laughed, and quickly tried to get away but he pulled her closer. 

"Alex," she groaned before he finally let go. Corinne then turned around and stared at him softly, she kissed his nose lightly and he laughed. "I love you," Alex whispered faintly, he gazed at her, his eyes gleaming with love. Corinne nodded and quickly yawned before sitting up, she looked around and sighed. They had rented an apartment, just for the two of them, it wasn't easy though, Corinne noticed the neighbors giving her odd stares. "Are you still worried?" Alex asked before getting out of bed. 

"No, of course-" she started but then he gave her a certain look, Corinne stood up and rolled her eyes before using her ability to grab some clothes. "Okay, I just don't like it when people stare okay? I'm thinking of dying my hair blonde again," she muttered before looking away. Corinne then heard something drop on the ground and she looked up to see Alex who had dropped a bottle of cream. "But you look so pretty with your normal hair," he frowned. He sighed and quickly picked up the bottle and placed it back in the cabinet. 

Corinne walked into the bathroom after him and shook her head, "I just want to be normal," she muttered angrily before looking at him. "At least you look normal," Corinne scoffed before brushing her hair with a hair brush. "Define normal Corinne," Alex said before he went to brush his teeth. Corinne sighed and did the same, as she finished she washed her face and walked out of the bathroom. She got dressed and walked out of the room, "What do you want for breakfast?" she asked as she used her ability to grab a pan. 

Alex walked inside the kitchen and tilted his head, "I wanted to try and make something today," he said quickly. Corinne stared at him and laughed, he gave her a certain look and frowned, "Okay, go ahead, what did you want to make?" she asked curiously. She gave Alex an apron and wrapped it around him and laughed softly, she placed her hands around him and leaned her head on his back. "I don't know, eggs?" he offered before taking her hands off him. Corinne frowned and quickly nodded before leaving the room. 

She bit her lip and quickly turned on the TV, she slowly looked at the ceiling. It's been months since she came to live with Alex, months without seeing Charles, how would he think of her? They were still family right? Corinne closed her eyes and quickly sat on the couch before raising herself into the air, she remembered when her abilities went out of control Charles was the one who convinced her to start meditating. She couldn't help but laugh quietly about it, why meditation? 

Corinne sighed and quickly dropped herself onto the ground before entering the kitchen again, her eyes widened in shock as it was a huge mess. Flour was everywhere and there were small dough residue everywhere. "Alex?" she whispered, "Oh my god, what a mess!" she cried as she stared at Alex who was frowning, he looked worried and upset. Corinne walked towards him and sighed before wrapping her arms around him, "Hey, it's okay, what were you trying to make?" she asked softly. "I'm not mad, okay? Hey- hey!" she whispered as he was looking away from her ashamed. 

"Hey, you don't have to be worried," Corinne whispered, "It's okay, we can- we can do this together," she muttered gently, Alex was still trying to avoid her gaze. She sighed and grabbed onto the side of his face making him stare at her, he closed his eyes. "Come on, do you want to tell me what you were trying to make?" she asked curiously. Alex didn't say a word, Corinne frowned and quickly pulled away, "So you're just going to ignore me?" she suddenly said slowly. He looked up and blinked before staring at her, he then looked away. "Since when did you become so stubborn?" Corinne asked. 

Alex didn't answer, Corinne frowned again and sighed, "Did I do something wrong, because if I did I'm sorry," she could feel tears in her eyes all of the sudden, why was he ignoring her? She let out a small sob before leaving the kitchen. Why was she crying? She ran into the bathroom and closed her eyes, she wiped the tears off her face. Corinne heard the door open and she quickly looked at Alex who was staring at her, his expression filled with guilt. "Are you crying?" he asked. 

Corinne watched as he sat next to her and she looked away, it was his fault first. "I hate seeing you upset," he muttered, "I'm sorry, I just wanted to do something nice for you and I messed up," Alex said, "I didn't want you to see that I failed something," Corinne blinked and looked back at Alex confused, she felt him pull her closer and he leaned his forehead on her shoulder. "I'm sorry Rinne," he whispered, "Please don't be mad," Corinne stared at him and smiled lightly before lifting his head back up and making her forehead touch his. 

"Alex," she whispered, "How could I be mad at you?" she asked softly. "Upset? Maybe, but mad? Never," she stared at him and gazed at him for awhile. Alex blinked and kissed her forehead gently, "I really love you," he said quickly, "You believe me right?" he asked. Corinne nodded and held onto his hand, "I love you too Alex," she muttered, "So much," she added. Alex grinned and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her closer. It felt nice, to have someone she loved with her.