twenty-seven

Berlin

Corinne walked through the abandoned warehouse and sighed before feeling the familiar chill, "Carter," she started before he phased in front of her. He gave her a certain look before grinning, "Hello sister," he said as he looked at the ceiling, Corinne followed his gaze to see Angel. She frowned, he was still here huh? Carter sighed and quickly greeted Corinne with a pat on her shoulder, "Don't worry, we're safe here for now," he said quickly. 

"For now," Angel scoffed before flying down, Corinne stared at his injured wing and sighed. He must be feeling so much pain, she walked towards him and patted his shoulder lightly. After being here for a few days, it didn't seem so bad. Angel was like family to her now, he was so lost and confused but now he was better. Carter was on the run and Corinne had to help him, so unfortunately, she ended up hanging out with him. Suddenly there was a fizzing noise and soon a purple orb revealed three people. 

Angel stared at them confused before throwing a glass at them, "Piss off," he muttered annoyed. Corinne walked towards the bunch and stared at them curiously, "Who the hell are you guys?" she asked. There was a really pretty girl with black and purple hair, she seemed powerful and there was another girl who had short white hair. The creature thing person standing with them seemed- off. "Who are you?" the girl with black and purple hair said. Corinne blinked and stared at her curiously, "My name's-"

"You are powerful," the man said, "Come here," he continued, Corinne looked back at Carter who nodded. She blinked and walked towards the man, he then placed his fingers on Corinne's face, she winced and suddenly felt a surge of energy through her. Corinne cried out in pain, she arched her head back and floated in the air. She looked down and noticed her outfit changed, she was wearing some type of toga. It was white with gold lacing. "With you, we will be able to accomplish anything, my goddess," En Sabah Nur muttered. 

Corinne stared at him confused, "Come on, show us your true power," he said before looking around, "Show us the power of the goddess herself, show us Isis," Corinne blinked and quickly looked at the others. What the- Fuck. What was happening? "I don't know about- I'm just-" Corinne started confused, what was happening? She stared at the ceiling and quickly made it collapse. Corinne stared in awe, "Corinne," she heard Carter say. She turned to look at him and he stared at her in awe, "You look pretty badass now," he said with a grin, he then frowned, "Your eyes, they're- both yellow," Carter muttered. 

You're a monster. That's what he's trying to say. Corinne blinked and shook her head confused, who said that? Who was talking to her? You'll never be worth it, do you know why Alex didn't want you to leave? Because he thought you weren't strong enough. "You're lying," she whispered, "He cares about me!" she muttered. Does he? If he did, wouldn't he have came with you? "I told him not to come," Corinne whispered, "I'm protecting him," Corinne felt her head spinning, monster, monster, monster. The only way you're getting out of this is if you rise above the others, just like you were meant to.

"What?" she said confused before looking back at En Sabah Nur, he nodded and quickly looked at her evenly. "You have more power than you could ever imagine, you will lead us to victory," En Sabah Nur said before looking at the others, "Join us, we will rise above others and we will rule this Earth," he cried out. Corinne blinked and quickly looked to her side to face a mirror, she stared at herself in disbelief, Carter was right, her eyes were yellow. There were these horns on her head and she frowned, then smiled, this was who she was. This is who you are, you're a goddess Corinne, a goddess. 

--

Corinne looked at Psylocke and Storm, they seemed powerful as well. Was joining En Sabah Nur a good idea? Of course it was, she's never felt so much power. "Where are we?" she whispered under her breath as they appeared in this old factory. She then recognized Erik, what was he doing here? "Who the fuck are you? Stay back. Whoever you are, don't try to stop me from killing these men." Erik then caught her gaze and stared at her in awe, "You look different," he muttered, Corinne noticed the pain in his eyes and she frowned. 

"I'm not here for them. I'm here for you. Come and see." En Sabah Nur said before Erik gave Corinne a certain look. He looked hesitant before he nodded and followed them, "You know them?" he asked as they teleported, his eyebrows raised impressed until he looked around. Corinne watched as Erik looked around the old concentration camps, was this where his parents were killed? "This is where your power was born. And this is where your people were slaughtered." En Sabah Nur said quickly. 

Erik sighed, "You shouldn't have brought me here." he said loudly, Corinne gave En Sabah Nur a curious look and the Shah nodded. "Why? Are you afraid to be here? You can't escape it, Erik." Erik stared at Corinne confused before looking back at En Sabah Nur, "Who are you?" he asked curiously. Corinne blinked and looked at En Sabah Nur who smiled, "Elohim, Shen, Ra. I've been called many names over many lifetimes. I am born of death. I was there to spark and fan the flame of man's awakening, to spin the wheel of civilization. And when the forest would grow rank and in need of clearing for new growth, I was there to set it ablaze." 

Corinne blinked and stared at Erik who seemed hesitant, "Where were you? When my father and mother were slaughtered in this place?" he asked. Corinne looked at Psylocke who seemed to be staring at Erik seriously. "Asleep. Trapped in darkness. I was not there for you, my son. But I am here now. You don't know your own strength, but I do. Reach down." En Sabah Nur answered, Erik frowned and quickly touched the ground with his hand, "Feel the metal in the ground. Reach, as deep as you can. You'll find you have the power to move the very Earth itself."

Suddenly Corinne saw as pieces of metal were floating around and she stared at Erik with satisfaction, what he could do- was amazing! "Everything they've built will fall! And from the ashes of their world, we'll build a better one!" En Sabah Nur shouted, Corinne blinked and stared at him thoughtfully, build a better world... For her? For mutants? Yes, for mutants. You will rise Corinne, just like you were meant to. You are powerful.