╰┈➤ ❝ [ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀɪᴀʟ] ❞

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

The sound of gavel banging broke through the silence of the court.

"Next case, please!" the judge ordered.

Y/N and Loki were forced to walk into the courtroom, both in similar green jumpsuits which had orange letters of 'TVA' etched onto the left chest.

"Laufeyson. Variant L1130, AKA Loki Laufeyson and Davis. And Paulsdottir. Variant B0253, AKA Y/N Paulsdottir," Ravonna Renslayer, the judge on seat, read out the names.

Y/N stiffened ever so slightly at the mention of her real name. Loki glanced at her as both of them were made to stand in the separate witness boxes.

"Are charged with sequence violation 7-20-89," Ravonna looked from one to another, "How do you both plead?"

"Uh," Y/N winced, feeling uncomfortable in being the center of attention.

Loki chuckled in his place, "Madam, a god doesn't plead. Look, this has been a very enjoyable pantomime, but I'd like to go home now."

"Where he'll be thrown in a cell for his actions," Y/N added.

"Are you guilty, or not guilty, sir, ma'am?" Ravonna inquired.

"No, why would I?"

Loki scoffed, "Guilty of being the God of Mischief. Yes. Guilty of finding all this incredibly tedious? Yes. Guilty of a crime against the Scared Timeline? Absolutely not. You have the wrong person," he finished in complete confidence.

"Oh, really, and who should we have?" Ravonna continued.

"I suspect the Avengers. This one, here, especially," he jabbed a thumb at Y/N, making her roll her eyes. "You see, I only came into the possession of the Tesseract because they traveled through time, no doubt in a last-ditch effort to stave off my ascent to God King."

"That's quite an accusation."

"Oh, believe me. You can smell the cologne of two Tony Starks—"

In the background, Mobius entered the courtroom and took a seat on one of the benches beside his best friend and close colleague, Beulla.

"You're late," Beulla muttered to Mobius, eyes darting from Loki to Y/N as they spoke.

"I got them," he handed her the files of Loki and Y/N, "You left them at your desk. Beside your pile of storybooks."

"I'm not gonna thank you," she placed them on top of her crossed knees and rested her hand on top of it, straightening out the bottom of her suit.

Mobius half-grinned, turning to the front, "I never asked you to."

"Perhaps you could provide me with a task force and resources," he gestured around him, "And I could return and eliminate them for you."

"We're not here to talk about the Avengers," Ravonna clasped her hands on the desk with a mildly irritated expression.