╰┈➤ ❝ [ᴛᴇꜱᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴏʀʏ] ❞

📍POMPEII, ITALY

📍POMPEII, ITALY

79 AD
━━(•)━━

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

The quartet had come in Italy to test Loki's theory, which took a lot of persuading to get Beulla to agree, who had in turn coaxed Mobius.

"Here we go," Loki whispered to himself, excitement bubbling in him.

"Shh, any minute now," Beulla reminded him.

"Until the entire town is wiped off the face of the planet. Imagine. All that volcanic ash," Loki seemed to be in awe.

"All over this town," Y/N grinned.

"I know. We don't want to get too giddy," Mobius replied, looking from one to another.

"Oh, come on! It's cool," she gave him a look, "Even I'm saying that,"

"No, it is cool, but it's just not in good taste because,"

"They're all gonna die anyway."

"I know. Now listen, Beulla and I are gonna watch the TemPad for any Variance energy."

"Okay."

"Okay, because we gotta be careful," Beulla handed Mobius a TemPad while she took out her own, "If you're wrong, and there's a good chance you are, anything we do can create a huge branch."'

"Oh, Beulla! You two make even the end of the world sound boring."

"Listen!" Mobius whisper-shouted, "Okay, we're not meant to be here. Okay?"

Loki took a deep breath, "Okay."

"Anything we do can impact the course of history. Do you get that?"

"Yes, yes."

So we're gonna start with very small disturbances,"

"Very small."

"Can you two make bird noises?"

"Bird noises?" Y/N gave the agents a weird look.

"Yeah. Bird noises. Like some, like whooshing noises."

Beulla began to imitate an owl, but Loki shook his head at them and ran forward into the market in front of him.

"Loki! Loki!" the two TVA agents stood glued to their places, not wanting to cause any disruptions on the Timeline.

Loki opened a crate with goats, standing on the edge of the cart, "Go!" he began to make obnoxious goat noises, "Be free, my horned friends, be free!" He yelled as the goats got out of the cart into the street.

He jogged back towards Y/N, grabbed her wrist, and pulled her along with him, making her eyes widen.

"Loki!" she tried to get out of his grasp, but he was too strong. He twirled her around and pulled her flush against him. "What are you doing!" she glared up at him, shoulder pressed against his own.

"Meum nomen est Loki et hoc est Y/N!" Loki spoke to the people around him in Latin, "Nos sunt agentia de Tempore Conscripti Auctoritas," (Translation: My name is Loki and this is Y/N. We are agents of the Time Variance Authority.)

Mobius seemed uncomfortable while Beulla stared with her mouth agape at the God of Mischief.

"Nos perducat vos omnes tenebrae audivit. Omnibus vobis!Tu de omnibus mori. Quod vulcanus est de erumpant!" (Translation: I bring you all dark tidings. All of you! You're all about to die. That volcano is about to erupt!)

The two TVA agents glared at him and glanced down at the TemPads, doing a double-take when they noticed something.

"Vellem scire, quia ego sum, et a futuris," Loki finished, putting up a smile as he rested his elbow on Y/N's shoulder. (Translation: I would know because I'm from the future)

"We are from the future, right?" Loki questioned the agents at the far end, as the warrior pushed his hand off her, " What is the TVA? I mean, it's from the future. It sounds from the future. It's pretty future-y."

The volcano at the edge of the city erupted; smoke rose to the sky as the land quaked, forming crevices. People began to run for their lives, screaming and yelling at the top of their lungs.

"Right on cue!" Loki cheered, "Enjoy your last meal while you can! Nothing matters!" Loki continued to yell as he grabbed things and throw them, "Nothing has any consequences! Dance while you still can. Whoo-hoo!" he turned to the agents, "How'd we do?"

"I don't believe it. Zero variance energy," Beulla responded in disbelief.

"No branching in the timeline," Mobius added.

"The TVA would never even know we were here. If it were me, this is where I would hide," Loki raised his hands at his side, pride boosting his ego as beamed at them.

══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════