╰┈➤ ❝ [ᴠᴀʟᴋʏʀɪᴇ ᴠᴀʀɪᴀɴᴛꜱ] ❞

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

"Me?" Y/N pointed at herself as Sylvie and Loki reflected her expression of utter confusion.

"And myself. I mean, other versions of you and I," Kang rephrased.

"And just who are you?" Sylvie snarled at him.

"Oh, I've been dubbed many names by many people. A ruler, a conqueror," he snickered, moving to the back of his desk to sit, "He Who Remains, a jerk. But it's—it's not as simple as a name,"

"How," Y/N stammered under her breath, "How—Why me?"

"You think just 'cause you're the legendary Valkyrie, you're a noble, pure soul? Pfft, no," He Who Remains rolled his eyes, "You're a murderer who killed in the name of the throne, Y/N," he leaned forward, "You just did the job and shifted the blame,"

Y/N clenched her jaw, knowing that his words were nothing but the truth.

He operated the TemPad on his wrist, twisting it around, and flicked a quartz ooze to the front of the table for all to see.

"Eons ago, before the TVA, a variant of myself lived on Earth in the 31st century," He started, "He was a scientist and he discovered that there were universes stacked on top of his own,"

The Quartz goop morphed into a miniature version of himself as he narrated, forming obedient and accurate images.

"At the same time, other versions of us were learning the same thing. Naturally, they made contact. And for a while, there was peace. Narcissistic, self-congratulatory peace. 'I love your shoes,', 'I love your hair,' 'Oh, man, nice nose,' 'Thanks, man,' Et cetera," He explained, "They shared technology and knowledge. Using the best of their universes to improve the others,"

The warrior leaned back on her chair, listening to him closely.

"However—not every version of me was so—so pure of heart," He turned to the Valkyrie, "And every version of Y/N wasn't a Valkyrie,"

This caught the trio off guard as their expressions cleared.

"Each Y/N were, Selfish. Chaotic, in their own, unique way," he waved a hand, "Close to a 'Loki' if you put it that way. But like I said, you weren't always a Valkyrie. Not always the legendary warrior. No, no," he chuckled pointlessly, "You were a Goddess once. Goddess of Destruction,"

Y/N felt Loki and Sylvie spare a glance at her from her peripheral vision.

"In another universe. Just once. And it was enough to tear the Sacred Timeline apart," He told dramatically, "In the grief of losing your lovely husband," he gestured at Loki, "A variant of him. You fell into a deep dark hole, consumed by grief; your powers anchored and connected with your emotions,"

"To some of us, new worlds meant only one thing, new lands to be conquered. And to the Goddess of Destruction, it meant getting back the love of her life," he gestured at the warrior.