Chapter 25: Epilogue

Lexa came to a stop outside of the cell door, eyes squinted into the darkness. Diyoza sat in the corner of the cell, palms rested against her eyes. It was a dark, windowless cell, with water leaks beginning to appear down the sides of the wall.

"Abby administered the tests as planned. Yes?" Lexa questioned.

The woman jolted, head shooting you to face her, clearly having not realised she was there "Yes. Yeah she did" she nodded

"And do you know your results?" She questioned.

Diyoza shuffled closer to the bars, shaking her head and locking eyes with the commander "No"

"I do" Lexa reached for a chair, pulling it up to sit in front of her "You were telling the truth. You are pregnant. Your baby is healthy and growing very well."

"Thank god" her shoulders slumped, drooping her head down for a moment of relief.

"However." Lexa interrupted, causing wide eyes to stare at her once more "Do you believe giving birth to your child behind these bars would be a good idea? Have your child go into the care of another?"

Diyoza shook her head "I don't want that"

"Then we have an agreement, do we not?" Lexa tilted her head "If so much as your left hand moves out of line, you will be right back in that cage. Labour doesn't look that fun in there"

"I doubt it is anyway" Diyoza mumbled "You've got a deal."

Lexa reached through the bars with a stiff arm. She couldn't help but be wary of Diyoza despite her situation. Luckily, the other woman gently clasped her hand in a kind hand shake.

"Can I ask if it's a girl or boy?"

"You are expecting a beautiful girl, no doubt" Lexa motioned for the guard to open the cell door. She recognised her as Laura, who had helped her escape all those years ago when she herself was imprisoned. They shared a small smile as the key rattled in the lock.

"You know, normally these cells are for people who have drank a little too much and need to have a place to stay. I didn't expect to have war criminals in here" Laura commented

"Luckily you won't need to worry about that anymore" Lexa rested a hand on her shoulder as Diyoza hesitantly stepped out of the cell.

"Thank you" Diyoza said whole heartedly. Honestly.

"Had it not been for that child, you would have been dead" Lexa reminded her

"I know. Guess I'm lucky I got knocked up"

"You are. You're very lucky." Lexa opened the door for her, letting in the bright light of the outside world. Diyoza lifted her hand to shield her eyes "Have you thought of a name?"

As she stepped out onto the busy streets of Polis, watching people usher past to each contribute to their society with a full day's work. She nodded "Yeah..." she smiled ever so slightly, turning to Lexa "Hope"

"That's a beautiful name"
____________________
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

It was a shock to Lexa that herself and Diyoza managed to get on so well. In fact, it was a shock to her that Diyoza got on well with everyone.

Lexa was currently helping Diyoza build a nice home along side Octavia and Lincoln who had offered their support. It was a warm place to live. Lexa had cut the trees and logged them all herself.

"I don't know how to thank you" Diyoza said softly, cradling her swollen belly

"By not hurting anyone else. That could be a good start" Lexa crossed her arms. Clarke hugged her from behind, swallowing up her body heat.