Redemption

Emagine cowered slightly behind a wrecked vehicle. She had managed to stumble upon a turf war and was now stuck.

She was simply trying to get to the Happy Hotel. Redemption sounded nice, and Emagine figured it'd be better for her anyway. She didn't belong down here in this cesspool. Well... more like she wouldn't survive.

Emagines POV

There was another ground shaking explosion and I decided I needed to run. I stood up, my shadow (which I had realized was an extended part of me since my arrival in hell) cowered slightly. She was scared of pretty much everything.

I quickly held my hand out, calling her to me as she retracted into my body. Even though she couldn't talk, she was probably my only friend down here.

Sad, I know.

I was sprinting, and I could feel debris flying pst my face at an uncomfortably close proximity. Finally, I saw the hotel and reached the front door. That's when my shadow noticed something flying at me, about to be a direct hit, and silently gasped before forcing herself out of my grasp and growing to cover me, taking the full hit.

Her form shuddered and I gasped sharply before holding my chest as a sharp pain ran through me. I let out a pained wheeze and turned to see my shadow slowly pushing debris from her body and then sinking into the ground and turning into a normal shadow. My eyes widened before the door opened revealing a very tall demon. I couldn't make out their features before black spotted my vision.

-------------

I woke up in a cold sweat. I started screaming and sat up quickly, taking in my surroundings. My breathing was heavy and the tears streaming down my face felt hot against my skin.

The door busted open to whatever room I'm in, and there stood the princess of hell.

'Oh, I'm in the hotel,' I thought to myself as I calmed down. Charlie looked shaken up as she rushed to my side.

"Are you ok?!" She asked me worriedly and I wiped my forehead of sweat, nodding.

"Yea, yea princess I'm fine. I just-" my eyes widened when I remembered my shadow. Where is she.

"Shadow! Shadow?" I looked around frantically, searching for her and calling to her. Trying to summon her.
I don't feel her.

"Shadow! Come on answer me! Why did you do that you idiot!" I was nearly crying again. Then I felt a little tug from the inside and suddenly she was standing in front of me.

Charlie looked surprised, the only other person she'd seen do that was Alastor.

Speak of the devil.

My eyes met the door as I sensed a sinister presence. Before I could scold my shadow, (if I even could, her sad little pout is hard to be mad at) I pulled her back into me and faced the visitor.

If my expression could have grown any more distressed it did in that moment. The Radio Demon.

What is he doing here? He isn't getting redeemed is he? That seems terribly out of character for Mr. Chaos over here.

Our eyes met and his sinister smile widened. I sunk away and trembled. Charlie noticed and quickly intervened, "oh no no! He's cool! Al's cool! Right Al?" She said nervously glancing to Alastor. He simply stood straight and chuckled.

"Yes, darling, I am 'cool'" he then approached me and I felt my shadow escape my hold once again.

She slid in front of me, cutting Alastor off and hissing. Her normally sweet smile lengthened into a sharp jack'o'lantern type smile. Her eyes glowed a dim red and I couldn't control the wince my face made as I immediately beckoned her back to me.

She wouldn't listen, like a dog on high alert. I groaned and glanced at Alastor who was looking at me like, 'are you seriously threatening me?' I chuckled nervously and whispered in my shadows cryptic language, basically hissing at her.
"Stop it! He'll kill you!" She flinched and her "scary" appearance turned soft once more as she turned to me. What surprised me was the radio demons ears perked up when I spoke to her, as if he understood what I said.

She whimpered softly and slid back over to me, curling around my torso and nuzzling into my neck, keeping a close eye on the radio demon. Charlie had left the room now, and I was left alone with him.

"Hello dear, when you collapsed on our front porch, I thought you were dead!" He said in a chipper voice. I raised a brow. He picked me up off the front steps?

"So it was you? That helped me?" He nodded and I chuckled. "Who knew, radio demon has a heart after all." I said sarcastically and he stifled a laugh. That's when I noticed something by him. His shadow seemed to move on its own.

I perked up. He noticed where I was looking and his smile widened. "Oh! Him? He's just interested in your shadow. We've never seen another one like him."

Unlike Shadow, his shadow had a menacing smile just like him, with sharp...teeth? And a sinister aura. However, it looked almost curious as it looked at my shadow who was wrapped snugly around me, sort of hiding.

Wuss.

I gently beckoned her out, and she slowly came, reluctantly. The shadows circled each other, Alastor's shadow's smile widening and mine wringing her hands nervously. Suddenly Alastor's eyebrows shot right up when his shadow curled around mine and began to purr.

He almost seemed embarrassed, and my shadow was taken aback and looked to me like "momma help". I just giggled, covering my mouth and looking to Alastor with an eyebrow cocked teasingly. He rolled his eyes and the shadows sunk into the floor to play or whatever the hell they do.

"So, Mr. Radio Demon-"

"Alastor, darling" he interrupted and I snorted,

"Ok, Alastor," I chuckled and he lowered his eyelids, "why are you in my room? Got business? A deal? Money? Please tell me you have money."

He almost laughed, and I was proud of myself. I'm damn funny if I do say so myself. He just shook his head, "I was simply checking on you my dear. I noticed your shadow, and I was quite intrigued. I've never seen someone other than myself with the ability to summon a shadow like ours." I shrugged, "she's been with me all my time in hell," upon hearing me mention her she popped up, along with Alastor's shadow, and they were both next to Alastor. He lifted his arm, surprised, and then sat his hand on her head gently, smiling softer.

Her small purr erupted and her little smile grew as she looked at Alastor lovingly, before sliding across the floor and up my arm, disappearing to rest. "She's really my only friend here, if you could call it that. She's more of an... extension of myself. But she has her own personality?"

Alastor nodded, I'm glad someone finally understood. I've never been able to explain that to anyone.

Alastor and I ended up chatting for a while before charlie called for dinner. We walked out of my room, I was chuckling at a dumb joke he made while he smiled at me. I extended my hand to call for Shadow and didn't feel her as we walked down the hall.

I began to get worried slightly before I spun around and spotted her and Alastor's shadow curled around each other, silently laughing. Alastor noticed this too and pinched the bridge of his nose, mumbling something under his breath.

I just rolled my eyes, but I couldn't help smiling. It's good she finally has a friend like her.

Alastor snapped his fingers and his shadow went rigid and immediately slid across the floor, disappearing at Alastor's feet.

"Aw Al, it's ok. Look," I motioned to Shadow, who looked like she'd just been kicked. Pouting silently, giving Alastor big puppy eyes.

I looked up at him, and he held a stoic composure, before breaking slightly and rolling his eyes, snapping again. His shadow popped up with a wicked smile, speeding to Shadow quickly and snuggling up with her again.

I laughed and we continued walking.

Well that was hectic, but it looks like I made it.

Let's start my road to redemption.