Sleepover

Emagines POV

Alastor and I returned from our walk hand in hand. I was giggling at yet another stupid joke of his when he opened the front door and I stopped, throwing my hands over my mouth to stifle the gasp.

There on the couch was Shadow and Alastor's shadow. They were curled around each other, fast asleep.

Alastor's shadow had her wrapped protectively in his arms and she seemed to be nearly melted into him.

I looked at Alastor who almost looked like he was blushing. I nudged his side and made an "awww" noise and he rolled his eyes. I walked over to them and gently touched Alastor's shadow on the head. He opened his pretty pale blue eyes and I smiled down at him.

He gave me a very warm smile before waking up Shadow. She looked up at me and got a very excited look on her face before slithering up my torso and snuggling near my neck. I chuckled and looked at Alastor.

He simply sighed before snapping his fingers. His shadow went rigid and slid across the floor, disappearing at his feet. I rolled my eyes.

So tough.

Shadow was purring softly, and I could feel that she was tired from whatever they did while we were gone. I whispered to her that she can go to bed if she wants to and she nodded before sliding down to the floor, across the floor to Alastor, and slithering up his torso before nudging her head against his cheek slightly before disappearing.

Alastor had a little blush dusted on his cheeks and I smiled at him. "You know, she really likes you. A lot." He nodded, "I see that, however I don't quite understand why."

I shrugged, "who knows. She doesn't normally warm up to people how she's warmed up to you though." He thought over that for a moment before shrugging.

————————————

Later that night when it was time to go to bed, Alastor was in his room doing whatever it is he does to get ready for bed. I was waiting outside his door, fidgeting slightly from nervousness. I wanted to ask him if he wanted to have a sleepover with me.

It was getting a little boring just sitting around his humongous house and doing absolutely nothing. He liked to read, and cook, and sing, and walk, and we did it every. single. day.

I wanted to switch things up.

When I finally heard his soft humming from in his room, I knocked. The sound went away and I nearly screamed when I heard him right behind me.

"Need something, darling?"

I could feel his breath against my neck and it sent shivers down my spine. I turned to face him, backing up slightly from how close he was. "U-uh...yea Al. I just wanted to know if you'd maybe wanna...do something different tonight?" He raised an eyebrow at my suggestion.

"And what is it you suppose we do?" I smiled widely at him before making my pillow and blanket appear in my hands, "sleepover, your room."

He blinked a few times before standing up straight. "Darling you 'sleep over' every single night" he stated, almost mockingly. My heart sank slightly, ouch.

My pillow and blanket disappeared and I think he noticed my mood change because his expression also changed. I didn't really care enough to look closely and see what he was feeling.

It was a stupid idea...why would I think Alastor would want to do something so childish anyway?

Stupid.

I sighed softly before brushing past him, heading to my room, "never mind, g'night Al. See you in the morning"

When I got to my room, I shut the door and pressed my back against it. My cheeks were red from embarrassment and I shook my head. I was trying to erase that interaction from my mind.