Auction

Angel and I walked down the busy streets of hell. I don't know where he was taking me, but I was assuming it was a night club. I told Alastor what Angel wanted and he was reluctant, to say the least...

—————

"He wants to go out? Alone? With you?" Alastor said, skeptical.

"Yea, it's kinda strange, but I don't want to be rude." I said simply, fixing my hair in the bathroom mirror.

"Well...hmmm...I just have a bad feeling, darling..." he mumbled.

I walked over and put my arms around his neck before straddling him onto the bed.

"Alastor~ I will be ok..." I smiled softly, cupping his cheek like how I did when he was nervous, "it's only Angel Dust, he's our friend." Alastor sighed.

I'd learned recently that he doesn't smile all the time, mostly just in public. He smiles most of the time at home, but it's moments like these were he simply wore a wary frown.

I took his face in both my hands and made him look at me.

"Come on... I'll be ok, baby. Now where's my favorite smile?" His cheeks lifted slightly into a small smile and I kissed his nose.

"There it is"

——————

I realized I hadn't really been paying attention and when I looked up, I didn't know where we were. Angel had grown quiet, and his hold on my hand (he'd insisted that we hold hands) had grown tighter. The streets were quiet, and alarms began to blare in my head. I thought maybe Angel had taken a wrong turn and didn't realize, but this area was definitely bad news.

Suddenly, Angel took a sharp turn into a alleyway.

"Angel, what're you—"

"Hey dolly~"

That voice... I spun around.

Valentino?

I looked back to Angel, who only lowered his head, rubbing his arms guiltily and shaking his head before backing towards Val. Valentino patted his head and he flinched.

"Very good, Angel cakes! Daddy is very happy with you!" Angel, although obviously feeling conflicted, lit up at those words. I scrunched my brows together, looking at Angel, then training my gaze on Val.

"You know, Val, Alastor is simply a snap of my fingers away, right?" His eyes seemed to widen for a moment before he relaxed.

"No, he's not." I cursed to myself silently. He technically was, but it would take a minute for it to reach Shadow, and for Shadow to tell Alastor. Then he would have to find me, which is even more time.

Enough time for Val to take me, and throw away the key.

"What do you want?" I spat at him, trying to Conjure a weapon. I wasn't very good at dark arts... dammit.

"Now now... that's no way to talk to ya daddy, doll." With that I felt hands on my shoulders and a bag was thrown over my head. Everything went black.

—————————

I gasped, waking up in a coughing fit. I was in a little cell, completely naked. The bites Alastor hadn't healed were still there and I felt slightly embarrassed to be thrown on display like this.

A light came on over my head

"Hello ladies and gentlemen, this is my annual whore auction! I have some good ones tonight so please, stay patient as the show gets ready to start!"