A day with Abuela

This request came from OwlyTheOwl on my AO3 page, along with a bunch of great ideas that I will work on the the future.
My OC's belong to me, if you sue I will win in court, it will be a waste of time

(Third person p.o.v)
The next few days were an adjustment for everyone. The Duck family missed having Miranda around and Fenton missed when Miranda could actually tell him what she wanted. The only person who didn't seem to mind was Gloria, who was more than happy to have a baby around the house again. So when Fenton informed her that he needed to go to St Canard for the day and help one of Launchpad's friends with something (definitely not helping him set up a super hero hideout-what?! That would be crazy!) she happily agreed.
Gloria: "Pollito, just go"
Fenton: "I don't know-maybe I should just bring her with me"
Gloria was pushing Fenton towards the door with one hand while the other hand was cradling Miranda. Miranda was dressed in a white short sleeve shirt and tiny pink shorts, her hair held up in a little ponytail. Tiny white baby sneakers and light blue socks were on her feet. Fenton held a big duffel bag full of supplies to help with the something for Launchpad's friend.
Gloria: "Fenton, I am perfectly capable of taking care of a baby for a few hours, you turned out fine didn't you?"
Fenton: "wellll"
Gloria narrowed her eyes in a way that only a mother could, a look that made Fenton jump and smile scared.
Gloria: "what is that supposed to mean?"
Fenton: "nothing! Nothing at all! Oh would you look at the time!"
He set the bag down and scooped Miranda into his hands. He blew a raspberry on her stomach making her giggle and squirm around until he stopped and planted a big kiss on her face.
Fenton: "have fun with Abuela bébé! Daddy will be back soon"
She just babbled some happy baby noises at him and he smiled. He hesitated one last time before Gloria took Miranda and pushed him outside closing the door behind him. She looked down at Miranda amused.
Gloria: "you think after 25 years your papi would trust me a little bit more"
Miranda just kept giggling and Gloria walked over to the couch.
Gloria: "you and I are going to get along just fine, because nothing is dragging us out of this house"
A ringing started coming from her front pocket and once she pulled her phone out she almost groaned.
Gloria: "Cabrera....no..... I can't today, I'm watching my granddaughter.....I said no...we have more than one detective you know....fine, I'll come but only for a second"
She hung up and rolled her eyes.
Gloria: "except for that"
She stood up and went to grab Miranda's baby bag. She put Miranda in her stroller and just as she was about to head out Miranda started crying. Gloria crouched down in front of her to look and see what was wrong.
Gloria: "pobrecita, what's the matter cariña?"
Miranda kept crying and making grabby hands at something behind her. Once Gloria turned around she saw Onyx sitting there, looking up at her expectantly. Gloria rolled her eyes and placed Onyx in the stroller next to Miranda, who immediately stopped crying at the sight of her best friend.
Gloria: "fine, you can come too"
And then off they went.
(At the police station)
The Duckberg police station was a buzz of activity. Cops and detectives running around with piles of papers and theories on cases, people coming in to report crimes, and cops racing off to answer distress calls. So when people saw their most respected detective pushing around a baby stroller and stopped what they were doing, it was a big deal. Gloria was not a fan of the attention as she turned her head to glare at them all.
Gloria: "What is everyone standing around for?! We have crimes to solve!"
The buzz came back but this time people were fleeing the rath of Gloria Cabrera, said cop rolled her eyes and looked down at the baby.
Gloria: "Algunos personas tengo razón?"
Miranda giggled and Gloria smiled as they both walked into her office. She parked the stroller next to her desk and while she had her back turned Miranda grabbed a rectangle shaped box and, like most babies would, stuck it in her mouth. Gloria jumped and gently pulled it out.
Gloria: "Miranda, no ma'am, that's not a toy, Abuela uses that to get criminales confession's for court"
She placed it back on her desk but didn't notice Miranda grab it again and stick in her pants. Gloria set up the play pin and set the two babies in. Miranda stood and held herself up against the wall. She made some mad baby sounds and tried to get Gloria to pick her up again. She did not like being in baby jail. Gloria just smiled and pulled some baby toys out of the bag, she then pulled a pacifier out of her pocket and stuck it in Miranda's mouth. Miranda sucked on it once before smiling and sitting next to Onyx to play with some blocks. Gloria smiled and set to work, they stayed that way for about 10 minutes before a man barged into the room. A tall blood hound with a dark look on his face. This man was officer Scott Brown, not the most pleasant person to be in a room with. Miranda cocked her head at the sight of him and Gloria glared.
Gloria: "didn't your mother ever teach you how to knock?"
He ignored her and held up a case file.
Brown: "got the case I needed you for"
Gloria scoffed and took it from him. She frowned as she flipped through the pages.
Gloria: "missing criminal files huh"
Brown: "yeah, think it's an inside man?"
Gloria: "most definitely"
She was about to continue but shouting from the hallway pulled their attention away. Miranda stood up at the sounds and pulled herself over the wall on her pin, then tottled over to look between Gloria's legs. It was a male woodpecker screaming like a manic being lead to a room full of jail cells by a female cop. Miranda tried to crawl over to them but Gloria pushed the papers into Brown's hands and scooped her up before she could make it out the door.
Gloria: "ah ah ah, no ma'am"
She walked Miranda back over to her play pin.
Gloria: "there's nothing for you out there, just a loco boy who makes our lives miserable"
She placed her back down the pin and gave Brown an inquisitive look.
Gloria: "he seems to be getting arrested a lot more often lately"
Brown just nodded and handed her the case file. As he was leaving another man walked in. A short white duck, he was the new guy on the squad, Timothy Webster. He was pretty timid and honestly not much to look at. He nearly jumped out his skin when Gloria made eye contact with him.
Webster: "s-sorry to interrupt officer Cabrera, b-but we have a suspect brought in for questioning"
Gloria sighed before looking over at Miranda, then up at the nervous rookie.
Gloria: "fine, watch my granddaughter for me would you?"
He nodded and Gloria left without another word. Miranda spat out her pacifier and looked up at the new stranger as he walked over to the desk and slipped something into his pocket from off the table. Miranda narrowed her eyes and made mad baby noises but Webster just ignored her, Miranda picked up a block and threw it at his head. Webster jumped at the impact and let out a curse. He looked at Miranda with anger in his eyes.
Webster: "why you little!"
Anything else he was about to say or do was cut off by Gloria entering the room. Webster jumped back and plastered on a fake smile.
Gloria: "suspect is too intoxicated to get a straight answer out of, just lock him up until he's sober again"
Webster: "of-of course, it's my turn to guard the cells anyway"
Gloria: "well it should be easy enough, there's only one other person in there"
Gloria nodded her head in Miranda's direction.
Gloria: "she behave?"
Webster: "ah, yes, she did, she might be a little fussy though, she threw a block at my head"
Gloria gasped and picked her up.
Miranda: "Miranda! No ma'am! We don't hit people with things, tell officer Webster you're sorry!"
Miranda just blew a raspberry at him and Gloria narrowed her eyes. Webster held his hands up.
Webster: "it's-it's alright, no harm done"
He headed out the door.
Webster: "I'll-I'll see to that drunk suspect"
Gloria nodded as he left. She turned her attention to Miranda with a frown on her face.
Gloria: "I'll deal with you later"
She set her down back in the pin and Onyx walked over to her.
Gloria: "you can sit here and think about what you've done"
She walked over her desk and stopped, she started moving papers around in search for something.
Gloria: "where did my key for the case files go?"
This question made Miranda gasp. She stood up and waved her arms around, frantically pointing at the door. She tried talking but all that came out was baby babble. Gloria put her papers down and picked her up.
Gloria: "what is the matter niña? Do you need a change?"
Miranda just made more angry sounds in denial, trying to get her to look at the door, but Gloria just patted at her butt and nodded.
Gloria: "that's a yes"
Miranda just sighed annoyed and slapped her hand over her eyes in a face palm. But before the two could do anything else Brown barged into the room again.
Brown: "my file key is gone!"
Gloria looked at him surprised before setting Miranda back down.
Gloria: "mine too, are anymore cases gone?"
Brown: "yeah, about four"
The two continued to talk and Miranda got fed up trying to get their attention and let out a screech. Gloria quickly turned and glared at Miranda annoyed.
Gloria: "alright! I'll change you in a minute niña!"
Miranda just slapped her face again and turned to Onyx. She looked around the room and saw the office door open just a little bit. Miranda smiled and pulled herself up. She climbed over the bars of her play pin and Onyx squeezed through the bars in a cat like manor. Miranda made some baby sounds to Onyx and she actually understood her as she kneeled down and let Miranda climb on her back like a horse. Once Onyx stood back up Miranda pointed outside and they headed out the door, with Gloria or Brown none the wiser.
After about seven minutes of talking theories that went nowhere, Gloria sighed and turned to the play pin.
Gloria: "this is going nowhere, alright mija, let's get you changed"
But there was no Miranda in the pin, and that made Gloria look around the room frantically.
Gloria: "Miranda?!"
Then she saw the open door and her eyes widened.
Gloria: "mierda"
Meanwhile, Onyx was carrying Miranda around the station, careful to avoid cops. Miranda looked around until she spotted Webster walking into the jail cell room, both babies managed to slide in before the door closed. They followed Webster to the hall of cells and saw him standing in front of the one with the woodpecker from earlier in it. The only difference is now he was cool calm and collected. Webster held a pile of folders in his hands. Miranda took the tape recorder out of her pants and hit the start button when Webster started talking.
Webster: "alright Chris, I got the files on the men you wanted"
The woodpecker, Chris, looked at them from in between the bars and smiled.
Chris: "ah, perfect, but I expect nothing less"
Webster just narrowed his eyes.
Webster: "you remember our deal, $100,000 for ever case I bring you, how long before your bail shows up?"
Just as he as about to answer the drunk guy from the cell next to him leaned up against the bars and pointed a shaky finger at Miranda.
Guy: "oh look-It's a baby princess, riding a unicorn!"
Webster turned to look and saw Miranda. His face filled with rage at the sight of the tape recorder in her hands. He threw some of the cases into the cell with Chris but held on to one and headed for her. Miranda just gulped, she looked down at Onyx and made baby noises that could only mean one thing.
RUN!
Onyx took off and Webster followed right behind them. When a female cop entered the room she jerked her foot up and yelped when Onyx ran past her, and when Webster got to her he just pushed her out of the way. Onyx ran as fast as her little legs could carry her but she wasn't big enough to hold Miranda's weight for that long and soon enough she had to stop running. They hid behind a potted plant and while Onyx laid down Miranda held onto the tape recorder tightly and looked for anything that could help them. Soon enough he found her and just as Webster was about to grab at them a voice came from behind Miranda.
Gloria: "Miranda Nicole!"
A pair of hands grabbed Miranda off the floor while Webster just stood there in shock. Gloria held Miranda close to her and checked for any injuries.
Gloria: "where have you been? Don't run off like that you scarred me!"
Gloria finally looked at Webster, ready to thank him for finding her but then she noticed the name of the case in his hands.
Gloria: "why do you have one of my case files"
Webster: "well-I-uh"
While he was struggling to come up with an excuse, Miranda held up the tape recorder and hit play.
Webster: "you remember our deal, $100,000 for ever case I bring you, how long before your bail shows up?"
Gloria listened in shock then looked at Webster with anger. Webster stood in shock as Brown walked up next to Gloria with a look of anger also on his face.
Brown: "I think we may have found our inside man"
Webster wasted no time and threw the file at their faces, trying to make a break for it. Gloria pushed Miranda into Brown's arms and went after him. She tackled him to the ground and put his hands behind his back. While she cuffed him Miranda started clapping her hands.
Miranda: "yay!"
Gloria gasped, it was the first real word that Miranda had said since she was transformed. Miranda just kept clapping while Gloria gave Webster to another cop to deal with. She took Miranda out of Brown's arms and held her above her smiling face.
Gloria: "good job mija!"
Miranda kept making happy baby noises and it was so cute even Brown had to smile.
(Later)
Miranda sucked happily on a bottle while Onyx napped and Gloria finished up the report for the days events. Brown actually knocked on the door before entering this time and held Webster's old uniform in his hands. He set the uniform down on the desk and the hat fell into Miranda's play pin, who looked at it with curiosity. Brown walked up next to Gloria and leaned on the wall on his side.
Brown: "so Webster joined the police in three different cities before coming here, stealing certain files for big money huh?"
Gloria: "si, and the reason that kid has been getting arrested so often is because he knew what days Webster was guarding the cells"
Brown nodded before looking at Miranda with a small smile.
Brown: "you know, we may never have solved this one if it wasn't for your granddaughter, I have a feeling she'd make a great cop someday"
Gloria smiled and looked to see Miranda trying to put the hat on her head. Gloria snapped a quick picture before going to pick her up.
Gloria: "tienes razón sobre eso, I think she would too"
She kissed her head and gave Miranda a little wink.
Gloria: "but let's keep this little adventure too ourselves"
Miranda just giggled.
(Later again)
It was dark outside as Gloria watched her show, a baby monitor sitting next to her on the couch. Fenton stumbled in with the bag over his shoulder looking dead on his feet. He plopped down next to Gloria who moved the monitor and sighed.
Fenton: "hola M'ma, how was Miranda?"
Gloria: "fine Pollito, everything was fine, she's sleeping right now"
Fenton let out another sigh and gave Gloria a tired smile.
Fenton: "thank you M'ma, I mean it"
He stood up and walked towards Miranda's door. Gloria smiled as she looked at the picture she took of Miranda earlier that day. She was happy, until she heard Fenton say something that made her jump.
Fenton: "M'ma! Why is Miranda sucking on a tape recorder?!"
.....................................................
Shell yeah! I did it. A big thanks to OwlyTheOwl for all the great ideas! This was super fun to write because Officer Cabrera is by far one of my most favorite Ducktales characters. Next chapter is coming out soon! Thanks for reading!