Miranda rights

Also known as "The 5 times Mark Beaks tried to steal the Gizmoduck suit before beaks in the shell attempt four"
Ok guys! You know the drill! I say this, disclaimer that, you know it and I know it so let's skip it and get straight to the story.

(Third person p.o.v)
Fenton: "Absolutely not"
Miranda: "But why?!"
Fenton and Miranda were in the stand off of the century. Fenton was standing in front of Miranda's bed, tense and frustrated. Miranda was standing ON her bed in order to be closer to her dad's eye level, hair down and already in her pajamas. Both were standing ready for battle, not backing down. Onyx laid asleep on one of Miranda's more fluffy pillows, completely ignoring the war that was occurring between her human and her father.
Fenton: "There is no way on earth that you are coming on patrol with me!"
Miranda: "But why?! I am more than capable of handling whatever bad guys you come across tonight! I'm six and a half years old! That's practically an adult almost!"
Fenton just sighed and pinched the bridge of his beak.
Fenton: "It's way too dangerous."
Miranda: "I love danger! I eat danger for breakfast!"
Fenton: "I know mija, but not this kind of danger. Besides, you've been sleeping with me all week because of nightmares, aren't you tired?"
Miranda was in fact EXTREMELY tired. The bags were just barely starting to form under her eyes but you could tell the lack of sleep was starting to catch up with her, she's been moody and irritable all week. All Miranda wanted was a peaceful night's sleep, and she knew just the way to make that happen.
Miranda: "No, I'm wide awake. I'm in perfect shape for fighting bad guys."
Miranda started jumping on her bed making an assortment of karate moves when she jumped. All her bouncing woke Onyx up who hissed and jumped off the bed. Fenton held his arms out and caught Miranda before she could jump again and held her close to his chest.
Fenton: "Miranda I said no. *Sigh* Look, Honey, I know you want to fight crime with me but right now you're just too young."
He moved her back a little so he could look at her face. He smiled and booped her nose with his fingertip, making her let out a smile.
Fenton: "I'm your dad, it's my job to take care of you and make sure you're safe."
Miranda scoffed at his response and rolled her eyes.
Miranda: "I can take care of myself. I did it for months back at the junk hole."
Fenton's eyes tensed a little bit from sadness. But he didn't say anything as he lifted her covers up and placed Miranda on the bed. He tucked the covers tight around her and placed Onyx next to her.
Fenton: "But you're not at the junk hole anymore. You're a part of a family now, this family, and as a part of this family, you do what I tell you. Now sleep tight mi amor."
He placed a big kiss on her head before walking out of the room, turning off the light.
Miranda let out a huff and flopped down on the bed. She crossed her arms and scowled. What did P'pa know anyway? She could take care of herself. She knew what she could and couldn't do. She just had to show him.
She glanced over at her window, covered by her light pink curtains. She could just sneak out, but she had a feeling that wouldn't end well for her. What could she do?
It wasn't long before she felt her eyes get heavy and the next thing she knew it all went dark.

(Morning)
Miranda could barely think the next day because of how foggy her brain was. Last night had been the worst nightmare all week, it took Fenton two hours to get her back to sleep. That plus the exhaustion he felt from his patrol last night, he wasn't looking much better than she was. Father and daughter sat at the table for breakfast, both just staring off into space with tired eyes. Gloria walked in with her phone in hand, stopping when she caught sight of her family.
Gloria: "Aye, you two look terrible. Are you still having nightmares mija?"
Miranda: "Mhm"
Miranda dropped her head on the table while Fenton sighed.
Fenton: "Yeah, neither one of us have gotten much sleep this week."
Miranda looked up at him with sad, guilty eyes.  Gloria walked over to her and cupped her face with her hands.
Gloria: "It's not your fault amor. Vamos, go grab your hair brush. I'll do your hair today."
Miranda just nodded and trudged off to grab her brush. Gloria sat down for a moment and gave Fenton a curious look.
Gloria: "Pollito, ¿Qué está pasando en su cabeza?"
Fenton: "I have no idea. But they're getting worse, and she won't tell me what they're about."
At that moment Miranda walked back in with her brush and Gloria grabbed it from her hand and gently moved her away from the wall she was about to hit. As she started working through the knots in Miranda's hair, she kept talking.
Gloria: "I have a good idea. Why don't you come to work with me today mija? There's a big chair in my office you can snuggle up in with Onyx."
Fenton yawned and let out a tired smile.
Fenton: "That sounds like a good idea. She can rest and I can focus on work."
Gloria started twisting Miranda's hair into pigtails and shot Fenton her signature mom look.
Gloria: "Or, you could stay here and get some much needed rest yourself."
Fenton startled before shaking his head.
Fenton: "No, I can't, I have too much work to do. I-I need to go in, make upgrades to the suit-
Gloria held up her left hand to silence him.
Gloria: "Fenton Mateo Crackshell Cabrera. I am your mother, that means that I am perfectly aware that you have gotten about five hours of sleep all week. So what you need to do is call that cranky boss of yours and explain to him that you are taking today off. Then what you need to do is march your butt back into your room and get some sleep, young man."
Fenton stuttered a bit, but Gloria wouldn't budge. Eventually he just sighed and hung his head.
Fenton: "Yes Ma'am."
Fenton walked away defeated while Miranda started giggling. Gloria finished up with her hair before giving her a one sided hug.
Gloria: "Alright, Bebita, go grab your stuff and get Onyx into her harness. Then we'll go."
Miranda yawned before slowly pumping her fists up.
Miranda: "Yayyyyyyyyy"
She hopped down and headed for her room. Gloria crossed her arms and looked at her with concern.
Gloria: "Maybe I should bring a blanket too."