Baby's first adventure (part 1)

(I don't own Ducktales, you know this already, but Miranda is mine!)

(Miranda's p.o.v)
Miranda: "please"
Fenton: "no"
Miranda: "but"
Fenton: "no"
Miranda: "oh come on!"
Fenton: "I said no!"
I clutched P'pa leg tighter as he dragged his foot while walking, trying to shake me off, I readjusted myself and giggled. P'pa just looked down at me exasperated.
Fenton: "Miranda it's too dangerous"
Miranda: "but this is what I've always dreamed of doing! A real adventure with Mr Mcduck, like my mom used to go on!"
Fenton: "I know mija, but you're too young"
His face turned to sorrow as he reached down to squish my cheeks together affectionately
Fenton: "what would I do if something happened to you?"
I frowned a little at that but quickly returned to my pleading
Miranda: "I'll be fine! I'll be with Mr Mcduck! What could possibly go wrong!?"

P'pa just shot me a look that said it all

Miranda: "come on daddy please!"
I felt hands go under my arms as P'pa lifted me up to his face, there, he looked me straight in the eye and said.....
Fenton: "no"
He then set me down on his desk and walked away, I dropped my head and walked towards the lab door where Huey was waiting.
Huey: "any luck"
Miranda: "no, he won't budge"
Huey just smiled and placed a comforting hand on my shoulder
Huey: "don't worry, maybe he'll let you go on the next one"
My frown only got bigger and I felt tears prick the corner of my eyes, never going to fall
Miranda: "you don't understand"
I reached down my overall pocket and pulled out the photo of me and Mama, I pointed her out to Huey and started explaining.
Miranda: "Mr McDuck is looking for the lost treasure of the Jade eyed snake, he told me the story of how that was the only treasure he and my mom couldn't find, and she was...gone, before they could try again."
I placed the photo back in my pocket and gave Huey and desperate look
Miranda: "the temple only comes up every 10 years, if I don't go now, I may never get the chance, you gotta help me"
I could see Huey thinking it over, it was stupid and irresponsible and if my dad found out about it he would flip, but I needed to do this, for Mama and for me.
Huey: "alright, I have a plan"

(The next day)
Huey's plan was foolproof
I was waiting in my backyard before sunrise, Huey came on his bike to pick me up and we rode off to the manor where the plane was waiting. Dewey and Louie had told me that there was one crate waiting for me by the back of the plane, I climbed inside and waited. In about 2 hours I felt the box get lifted up and placed down, I didn't move as I heard the plane take off and next thing I knew.
I was on my first adventure
I could barely contain my excitement as I heard Mr McDuck start to monologue the adventure, he barely started before I heard him answer his phone.
Scrooge: "aye, oh, hello Fenton"
My blood went cold and I could barely hold back my gasp....maybe not foolproof, I peaked through one of the cracks in the crate and listened.
Scrooge: "she did what!?...I know....we're too far to turn back now..I may have some idea"
I saw him walking towards my crate so I quickly got under all the life jackets and stood still. I heard the top open and felt something hook around my foot, pulling me up. I saw Mr Mcduck's stern face and I smiled nervously as I dangled upside down, his glare only hardened.
Scrooge: "what are you doing here?"
I just slowly laughed and got out of his hold, landing on my feet and grabbing my hands behind my backpack.
Miranda: "uh...testing the life jackets"
Mr McDuck said nothing but held up his phone, my dad was still on the line. I winced a little and took the phone from his outstretched hand.
Miranda: "hola P'pa"
Fenton: "Miranda Crackshell Crabera! You have some explaining to do!"
I gulped
(About 10 minutes later)
Fenton: "let me get this straight young lady, you sneak out behind my back, leaving only a note on your pillow that says 'I'm sorry'! Deliberately disobeyed me! Stowed away on Mr Mcduck's plane! All so you could go on the last adventure your mother ever went on?"
Miranda: "yes....I'm sorry P'pa, but I need to do this"
I heard him sigh on the other end before speaking again
Fenton: "I'm not mad at you, I am disappointed though, we'll talk when you get back, in the meantime, listen to Mr McDuck and stay safe"
I smiled at Mr McDuck as he talked into the phone for one second
Scrooge: "don't worry lad, I'll protect her"
Fenton: "thank you sir, ok mija, be careful ok"
Miranda: "I will P'pa, I promise"
Fenton: "alright, te amo mija, te veré pronto, mantente a salvo"
Miranda: "yo también te amo papi, lo haré, adiós"
Mr McDuck then hung up, he put his phone back in his pocket
Scrooge: "welcome aboard lass"
I smiled and started bouncing on my feet, then running over and sitting next to Dewey and Webby, who were both just as excited as I was.
Dewey: "ah yeah! Baby's first adventure!"
Webby: "yeah! This is a huge milestone Miranda!"
Miranda: "I know! I'm so excited! I've been dreaming of going on adventures my whole life, the closest thing I've ever gotten is Mama telling me stories!"
I pulled my picture out of my pocket and smiled at it
Miranda: "but now.....I'm going on a real one, like we always wanted"
I felt Webby put her hand on my shoulder and I smiled at her, putting the picture back in my pocket, I looked up at Mr McDuck.
Miranda: "so Mr McDuck, what's the game plan?"
He smirked and slapped a map down on the table in front of us
Scrooge: "alright kids, we're after the lost treasure of the Jade eyed snake. Over a thousand years ago, the desert of Parotonia (that's in South America for anyone who was wondering) was home to some of the worst thieves in the world, the Macawbians, these rag-tag gang of misfits were feared by everyone and everything. To protect the treasure they stole, the Macawbians build a temple in the middle of the desert, surrounded by thousands of death traps-"
Dewey: "yes!"
Scrooge: "-in order to finish the temple, the Macawbians robbed a local healer man, in spit of the local legends of him being a Warlock. When they robbed him, they took a king cobra to add to their army, as they fled, the healer placed a cruse on them that as long as they were in possession of his treasures, doom would come to their temple. Of course the thieves ignored him and ran off into the night. Once they returned however, the snake began to change, it became 10 ft tall, color turning pure gold with eyes of jade, the cobra used its venom to strike the thieves, sucking the life out of them and turning them into statues then slithered off into the temple, the ground began to shake and the temple began sinking into the sand, with every one of those crooks inside."
Mr McDuck rolled up the map and began to pace
Scrooge: "it's said that the snake continues to search for his master's lost treasure, and protects it from anyone who dares enter"
Mr McDuck then turned to me and smiled
Scrooge: "your mother and I went 10 years ago and we were lucky to escape with our very lives, so what do you say lass? Ready to follow in her footsteps?"
Miranda: "Ah yeah!"
I smiled back at him before he and I walked over to Launchpad, I crawled into the copilot seat and gave him a smile, he smiled back at me before Mr McDuck hit him over the head with his cane and he returned his focus to the sky. I turned away to look at everything, this plane was incredible, I could feel the stars in my eyes as I looked at the clouds above.
Miranda: "wow, it's beautiful up here"
Launchpad: "I know, there are few things as beautiful as the sky"
Miranda: "Launchpad?"
Launchpad: "hm"
Miranda: "if my dad says yes, will you teach me how to fly?"
I heard Mr McDuck start choking on his water but before Launchpad could answer he jumped in, still coughing.
Scrooge: "aye, I don't think that's a very good idea darlin', Launchpad tends to crash more then he lands"
Launchpad: "yeah! If you really want to learn to fly, you should ask Dewey's mom!"
Miranda: "what?"
Scrooge: "aye, Della's been flying for as long as she could walk, we'll ask her when we get back, alright"
Miranda: "sounds good"
I started looking out the window again and froze, I started shaking and my squeals were loud enough to make all the kids rush over to me in panic.
Dewey: "what! What is it?!"
Webby: "are we being attacked?!"
Louie: "Robbed?!"
Huey: "are we-we...man I hate going third!"
I just pointed out the window and smiled
Miranda: "we're here!"

Launchpad was able to land the plane (somehow) and we all jumped out, we followed the map and headed for the cannons, then after a short 4 hour walk in the desert we approached.....more desert.
Miranda: "I don't understand Mr McDuck, why would the Macawbians build a temple here? The land here is flat and there's no where to hid.
Scrooge: "aye, the Macawbians were masters at building, they surrounded their temple with as many death traps as you can imagine"
Miranda: "then how did they get through?"
Scrooge: "that's the trick lass"
He stopped suddenly, moving his arm up and blocking us all from moving forward. He took many slow steps forward and gently set his cane to the ground. Not even a second later, arrows started flying from the trees, Mr McDuck said nothing but used the hook of his cane to pull down a branch, the arrows immediately stopped flying.
Scrooge: "the Macawbians may have been swindlers but they weren't stupid, they made sure there was always a way to turn off the traps, the trick is figuring out what it is"
We tracked on until we reached the center of the canon, I saw Huey take out his JWG and look at the sun, he pushed Mr Mcduck over to the right about three steps and we waited, I felt the ground start to shake and I struggled to keep my balance. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the temple coming out of the ground, it was bigger then the money bin and completely covered in sand, though it has seen better days the temple was still magnificent.
Once the temple had fully emerged from the ground, Mr McDuck moved to the door. There was a giant metal piece on the door, I recognized it as the Macawbian symbol, a circle with an x in the center of it. Mr McDuck turned the piece like a wheel four times before the door pushed back and opened. We all slowly started to walk inside and I gasped in awe.
This temple looked like it had been taken straight out of my dreams, spiderwebs, torches, crumbling structures, it was all so amazing! Huey grabbed one of the torches from the wall and held it up to light the way as we walked. We stopped in a dead-end room and I saw Louie's foot sink on a step, I could barley blink before I had to doge out of the way of a flying spear, soon everyone started dogging spears, I looked around frantically and spotted a little button looking rock on the far wall. I back flipped over the spears and climbed up the spears imbedded into the wall like a latter before pushing the button, the spears stopped flying and I flipped back down. Everyone just looked at me.
Miranda: "what?"
Webby: "That. Was. Amazing!"
Scrooge: "great sacks of delirium lass! Where on earth did ye learn to do that!?"
I smiled and grabbed my hands behind my back
Miranda: "back at the junk hole, I needed to move very fast"
I walked over to Louie and pulled a spear out from the back of his hood, I launched the spear towards the end wall and it hit a button, and the wall started opening to revel another path. I turned to everyone and smiled.
Miranda: "you just have to know where to look"
I ran off without another word
The secret path stretched on for what felt like miles, each one equipped with another trap. There was pulling Louie out of quicksand, getting Louie back from mutant spiders, getting said spiders off of Louie, it was a blast. We finally reached the end of the path, I was helping Louie get the spiders out of his hood when I caught sight of the room. It was breathtaking. It was a secret oasis, broken columns and a platform rested over beautiful clear water, lots of beautiful desert plants surrounded us and there were mysterious hieroglyphics covered the walls.
Scrooge: "ah ha! According to the map, we have reached the underground oasis of the idiotas molhados (look that up in Portuguese, I dare you 😏) the treasure room should be around here somewhere!"
We all started looking around, under every rock and at every wall. I was busy trying to translate the markings on the wall when I heard a sound, a faint rustling from behind the broken beams. I paid no mind to it until I felt something.
Something slither across my foot
In a jolt of fear I looked up and saw a 10 foot cobra, it's color was of pure gold and it's fangs were the size of swords. The eyes were just the last piece of the puzzle.
Pure jade
I screamed and backed against the wall, the others turned in my direction and gasped. I ran out from under it as I reached down to strike me, it's fang bit into a plant instead and I watched in horror as the snake sucked the life out of the plant and it slowly started turning to stone. Once the snake was done it turned its attention to us, one look and we were all running. I trailed behind Webby as we ducked out of the way, I ran into a stone pillar and looked up at it. I gasped at what I saw, this was a man of the Macawbian gang, turned to stone. The pure horror on his face was enough to keep me and Webby running.
The snake continued to attack as Mr McDuck took action, we grabbed the sword out of the statue and charged. Huey and Dewey started throwing rocks and Louie.....cowered. I ran into the mess with Webby and looked the snake straight into the eye.
Miranda: "hey!"
I saw the snake look down upon me and with one whip of his tail it hit the far wall. I barely had time to think before the ground gave out from under me and I was falling, I saw Mr McDuck fall over the hole and reach his hand out.
Scrooge: "Miranda!"
Miranda: "Uncle Scrooge!"

....to be continued