One sick little duck

(I don't own Ducktales but Miranda is mine)

(Fenton's p.o.v)
I woke up one morning and something was wrong.
I could feel it as I leapt out of bed and started looking around the house for anything that might be out of place. This wasn't a normal feeling of uneasiness, oh no, this was much worse, a feeling like the entire universe was about to implode. I immediately opened the door to Miranda's room to see she was still asleep, I moved quickly to M'ma's room and knocked at her door. I continued that pattern of checking rooms until every single one was viewed, I still had a bad feeling as I walked by Miranda's open door and stopped. I went to have a closer look at her and saw that she was completely under her covers, the curtains were drawn so the room was dark. I could see slight shaking under the blanket so I very carefully pulled it back.
I stared in shock at the sight before me
It was Miranda (obviously) she was barely awake and was looking at me in misery, curled up in a fetal position. From what I could see her face was slightly pale, there were dark circles under her eyes and snot dripping from her nose (beak?). My heart nearly broke at the sight of my baby girl looking so miserable. I pulled her up into my arms and felt her forehead, it was hot and so was the side of her neck. She glanced up at me a little before closing her eyes and snuggling into my chest.
Miranda: "papi, tengo frío"
I sighed before lifting her into my arms and carrying her off towards the bathroom.
Fenton: "no te ves bien, ven, vamos a tomar tu temperatura"
M'ma was walking out in the hallway and gasped at the sight of Miranda, she quickly walked over to us.
M'ma: "Pollito, what's wrong?"
Fenton: "I think Miranda may have caught a bug"
M'ma gaze softened as she cupped Miranda's face in her hands and looked at her sadly.
M'ma: "pobrecita"
Miranda opened her eyes a little more and tried to smile but it was cut off by a cough.
Miranda: "I'm *cough* alright Abuela"
Miranda then looked up at me with a tiny smile on her face.
Miranda: "are we going to the lab today?"
I said nothing but kissed her temple and looked back a M'ma. She was looking at me with concern in her eyes.
M'ma: "Oh Dios mío, I'm going to change her sheets and grab her some fresh clothes, you get her some medicine"
Fenton: "sí, gracias M'ma"
I moved into the bathroom without another word and set Miranda down on the toilet. I looked through the medicine cabinet and found two things, a thermometer and some cough medicine. I placed the thermometer under her tongue and waited, once it beeped my theories were confirmed.
Fenton: "100 degrees, you definitely caught something, we won't know for sure unless you start-
Miranda cut my off by leaping off the toilet seat and lifting the lid, she kneeled down and the sounds of her progecting her dinner last night made my cringe.
Fenton: -throwing up"
I quickly replaced the cough medicine for some kids flu medicine as Miranda stood back up and flushed. She looked at me with absolute misery on her face and tears in her eyes, I quickly picked up the tired girl and placed her on the edge of the tub. I held the spoon full of flu medicine up to her beak, she sniffed at it a little before scrunching her beak in disgust and turning her head, I sighed and put the spoon closer to her mouth.
Fenton: "come on mija, it will help you feel better"
She just shook her head and turned her face again, I sighed before moving the spoon again, this time narrowing my eyes and giving her a stern face.
Fenton: "Miranda"
She looked at me again briefly, before sighing and opening her beak just slightly. I slid the spoon in and her face changed to one of disgust almost instantly, I quickly placed my hand over her mouth to keep her from spitting it out. She glared at me before reluctantly swallowing, I removed my hand from her beak and she weakly glared at me. Her anger didn't last long as her gaze softened and she lifted her arms and made grabby hands, I couldn't help but chuckle and picked her up. She nuzzled her face into the crook of my neck as we walked into her room, M'ma had cleared off her bed and left a fresh pair of Pajamas sitting on the edge. I placed Miranda down on her chair and moved to grab the clothes, she whined a little as I put her down and tried to climb back onto me but I just kissed her head and grabbed her pajamas.
I smiled a little at the sight of the shirt, the newest article of clothing M'ma had bought and gave to Miranda last night.
(Flashback)
M'ma: "mija, look what I got for you"
It was after dinner and Miranda was helping me clean up when M'ma walked in the room holding a black shirt in her hands. Miranda gasped at the sight and quickly rushed over with a small smile on her face, M'ma just laughed and smiled back.
M'ma: "I think you're Papi may like this shirt more then you"
I turned away from the dishes at that and my eyes went wide when M'ma held up the shirt to show me. It was a black shirt with long sleeves, there was letters written in white bubble letters on it, but it's what the letters said that really got to me.
'DADDY'S LITTLE GENIUS'
There was some schematics behind the letters and a couple of little atom symbols at the beginning and end of the word 'genius'
It was perfect
(End flashback)
I smiled at the memory before grabbing the shorts that went with it and moving back to Miranda. She curled up into a ball on her chair and hugged her legs, her eyes were closed in discomfort, I gently grabbed her and started changing her clothes. My phone rang as I slipped the shirt over her head. I ignored it, my baby needed me more then the person on the other end of the line, I carried Miranda over to the bed and placed her under her covers, she tossed around a little before looking up at me.
Miranda: "where's Izzy"
I looked around and saw the doll sitting on the far edge of the bed against the wall and grabbed it, M'ma must have missed it when she stripped the bed.
Fenton: "right here, I think Abuela needs to wash her though, get all the sick germs off"
Miranda's eyes went big and she quickly shot up and frantically shook her head.
Miranda: "no no no! Please no!"
She made grabby hands at the doll and I looked at her in shock. She sounded so upset, like washing her would end drastically. I said nothing but handed the doll back to her and she held it close.
Miranda: "can't get wet, it will ruin it"
My phone kept ringing during all this so I let Miranda rest a little while I went to check on it, my phone had 6 missed calls and three voicemails from Dr Gearloose. I got a little nervous and called him back, he answered after the first 2 rings.
Gyro: "where are you!"
I cringed a little at the loudness before answering back
Fenton: "I'm still at home sir, I won't be able to come in today"
Gyro: "what! Why?!"
Fenton: "Miranda caught the flu, I need to stay with her today"
Gyro: "just bring her with you"
Fenton: "did I mention it was a stomach flu"
Gyro: "why can't your mother watch her?"
Fenton: "because Miranda is my daughter and my responsibility"
Gyro: "Gizmoduck is your responsibility to, and I need all hands on deck today to get this project done"
I glanced back at Miranda, she was sound asleep with Izzy clenched tightly in her hands
Fenton: "alright fine, I will come but I'm staying only until the project is done and for one quick patrol, after that, I'm coming home"
Gyro: "I don't care"
He hung up after that and I sighed, I needed to pack some stuff