"I am the terror! That naps in the night!"

Also know as "The 5 times Mark Beaks tried to steal the Gizmoduck suit before beaks in the shell attempt three"
Do not sue me do not sue me do not sue me. Say it three times to get it to stick.

(Third person p.o.v)
Miranda: "Come on Papa please!"
Fenton: "The answer is no! How many times do I have to say it?!"
Fenton dragged his left leg along as he tried to get the Gizmoduck armor out the door and into the car. Why was he dragging his leg you ask? Because of the stubborn six year wrapped around it. Miranda clutched his leg like a hungry python, determined not to let go until he agreed to her demands, but Fenton was determined not to give in.
Fenton: "You're not going to the convention with me!"
He set the bag down and with one hard pull he yanked Miranda off his leg by the back of her shirt. He set her down on the ground with a hard smack on her butt.
Fenton: "And that's final!"
Miranda: "Ow!"
Miranda rubbed at her butt with a glare on her face. Fenton glared back before his eyes softened and he sighed.
Fenton: "Come on mija, tonight's not going to be so bad, you get to hang out with Abuela, doesn't that sound like fun?"
Miranda stopped rubbing her butt to give Fenton the most pointed look he has ever seen on a six year old.
Miranda: "Yeah P'pa, a night of watching Patos de la passion sounds WAY more fun then going to one of the biggest science conventions in the world."
Fenton just rolled his eyes at her statement.
Fenton: "Of all the things Lena had to teach you it had to be sarcasm"
Miranda dropped her look to let out a few tiny giggles and a smile. And even though he was still a bit annoyed, Fenton let out a tiny smile too. He scooped her up into his arms and she let out a happy shriek.
Fenton: "And you're going to have so much fun here tonight! At home with Abuela and your toys instead of stuck at a boring convention with me. What could be better?"
Just as Fenton finished that sentence Gloria came walking out of her room talking on her phone.
Gloria: "Sí....any witnesses?..alright, I'll be right there"
Gloria hung up her phone and turned to a terrified looking Fenton.
Fenton: "No M'ma, don't say it. Please!"
Gloria: "They need me to come into work, I can't watch Miranda tonight"
Fenton's entire face dropped while Miranda lit up. Gloria just walked up to both of them and gave each of them a kiss on the cheek.
Gloria: "Lo siento Pollito, but I have to go"
She walked out the door while Miranda waved from her spot in Fenton's arms.
Miranda: "Bye Abuela! Have fun catching bad guys!"
Gloria gave her a smile before shutting the front door.
Miranda: "This is great! Now I can go with you!"
Fenton groans and sets her back down on the ground.
Fenton: "You are NOT coming with me"
He pulls his phone out of his back pocket.
Fenton: "I need to make some calls, in the meantime go play, ok? Daddy will let you know when he finds someone."

(30 minutes later)
Miranda hummed happily as she zipped up her backpack with everything she would need. The convention would start in 15 minutes and Fenton had not said one word to her about finding someone to watch her. So in her eyes that meant he hadn't found anyone and she was going. Miranda hooked a light purple leash around the metal loop in Onyx's matching purple harness. She lead Onyx down the hallway just as Fenton finished putting the last box in the car. Miranda smiled big and ran up to him.
Miranda: "Alright Daddy let's go! I can't wait to see everything!"
Fenton just rolled his eyes and lead them back into the house.
Fenton: "You're not coming with me, I found someone to babysit you"
Miranda felt her stomach drop.
Miranda: "What?! How?! Who could you possibly find on such short notice?!"
Just them a loud crash was heard from outside. Fenton let out a smile.
Fenton: "That would be him now"
Miranda looked geared up for an argument but before she could get a world in a tall, muscular pilot walked in through the door and let out a wave.
Launchpad: "Hey Fenton! Hey Miranda!"
Miranda let out a happy gasp.
Miranda: "Launchpad!"
She took off into a sprit and launched herself into Launchpad's open arms. Miranda opened her eyes from over Launchpad's shoulder and let out a confused sound.
There were two people standing behind him. A tall, white male duck with a big beak and pink flannel shirt. And a female duckling with curly red hair pulled up into a ponytail. Hands hidden in the pocket of her green jacket, her uninterested face showed just how much she didn't want to be there. Launchpad set Miranda down and beckoned the two strangers inside.
Launchpad: "Oh yeah! I forgot to mention the I was bringing some friends"
Fenton: "Not a problem"
The tall white duck took a step forward and held his hand out for Miranda to shake.
Drake: "It's nice to meet you Miranda, Launchpad has told me a lot about you. My name is Drake Mallard. I'm Launchpad's...um...partner."
Miranda perked up at the word partner.
Miranda: "Oh! That's cool! I didn't realize that Launchpad was dating anyone!"
Drake choked a bit, his whole face turning red as he let go of her hand. Launchpad wasn't paying any attention, to preoccupied with petting a very happy Onyx on the floor.
Drake: "What?! Oh!-no..we're not-I mean-we don't-!"
The young duck behind him let out a snort and a couple of poor hidden giggles at her mentors flushed face. He stopped talking just long enough to shoot a glare at the young girl who just smirked in response. Fenton cut in before an argument could break out.
Fenton: "I have to go soon, thank you guys some much for agreeing to do this."
Miranda huffed.
Miranda: "Yeah, thanks guys"
Fenton shot Miranda a warning look but Drake just ignored her sarcasm and gave a heroic smile.
Drake: "Fear not Fenton! We shall look after your beloved daughter while you share your brilliant scientific creation with the people of Duckberg."
Drake's face turned bitter.
Drake: "If if one of those creations is the suit for that hack Gizmoduck."
Fenton nodded while looking uncomfortable while Miranda's face turned red with anger, her mouth open and left eye twitching.
Miranda: "Who are you calling a hack?! You son of a-!"
Fenton: "Miranda Nicole!"
Miranda wisley shut her mouth before she could finish her protest and opted to simply level Drake with a steely glare. Her gaze shifted back to the preteen who had yet to introduce herself. Drake noticed the shift in gaze and rolled his eyes.
Drake: "And this plasent young lady is my ward, Gosalyn, Gosalyn, this is Fenton's daughter Miranda, play nice."
Gosalyn scoffed and Drak's attempted warnig and just nodded at Miranda. Fenton took this as his que to leave.
Fenton: "Ok, time to go"
Fenton put his bag down and gave Miranda a big kiss on the forehead.
Fenton: "I love you mijita, be good for Drake and Launchpad, ok?"
Miranda crossed her arms and looked away.
Fenton sighed and stood up, grabbing his bag and headed for the door.
Fenton: "Ok, emergency numbers are on the counter, help yourself to whatever's in the fridge, her bedtime's at 8 sharp but I should be back before that, yada yada yada what did I forget? On yeah! She might a bit cranky today so if she gets out of hand just put her to bed early."
Miranda let out a sound of protest but Fenton just hurried out the door
Fenton: "That's-everything-Thank-you-so-much-for-doing-this-I'll-be-back-later-byeeeee!"
He closed the door behind him.
Everyone juststood for a moment, looked at the door that had been closed and Miranda could feel her hopes of seeing the convention sink with the faded sounds of the car engine. Launchpad took the tension in the room with a smile and scooped Miranda up off the ground, making her let out a few tiny giggles.
Launchpad: "Alright! Now what do we do?"
Drake sat down on the couch and started fipping through channels until he stopped at one and let out a huge smile.
Drake: "What better way to spend the day then watching the Darkwing Duck marathon?!"
Launchpad let out a happy shout while Gosalyn let out a groan.
Gosalyn: "Don't you nerds have any other interests?"
Launchpad ignored her in favor of carrying Miranda over to the couch and plopping her down. Miranda looked at the new show with a mixture of interest and confusion.
Miranda: "Darkwaing Duck?"
Something clicked in her brain. A snister smile spread cross her face.
Miranda: "Oh yeah! He's that clumsy nutcase in St. Canard who likes to play superhero. I helped Papa make some stuff for him."
Drake gave Mirana a look of shock and outrage that was followed by Gosalyn's roaring laughter in the background.
Drake: "Wha-you!-he's not a nutcase! Darkwing Duck is a very real and very sane hero!"
Miranda just scoffed and crosse her arms.
Miranda: "Whatever, Gizmoduck's better anyway"