F I V E

End of School

"Sophie guess what! I have tickets for the Moonlark signing today!!!!" Linh squealed while they walked out of school.

"Cool?!" Sophie said. She was mentally screaming because she thought that Linh was on to her identity.

"Ugh. Not her again. I'm not sure why you're still obsessed with her." Tam grumbled. At that moment Grady came into the parking lot.

"Time to go kiddo!" Grady yelled. Sophie said bye to Tam and Linh as Grady continued talking. "Today's your big day! Your manager Mr. Fokle called me to tell you that after your album you have a photo shoot for something I can't pronounce."

"Ugh. Okay." Sophie groaned. She just wanted to chill at home and sing songs from her album. "That means Vertina can come over right?" Vertina was Sophie's best friend when she was the Moonlark.

"Sure honey. Why not." Grady agreed. They finally pulled into the house's driveway.

"Come on Sophie! We only have two hours to get you ready!" Vertina said as she dragged Sophie to her room. "Hurry up! Make your closet do the thing!" Sophie went up to her closet, pulled up one of the worst heels that she owned, and a door at the back of her closet opened to reveal her Moonlark closet.

Two hours later...

"There, you look perfect!" Vertina squealed as she looked at Sophie. She was wearing an off the shoulder black dress with gold around her neck, and golden high heels. She also had neutral makeup on.

"I really do! Thanks so much Vertina, I don't know what I would do without you!" Sophie said, gushing over her outfit.

"No problem. It's my job!" She joked. "Now hurry up. Sandor is waiting for you at the limo." Sandor was Sophie's 6'5 bodyguard who was SUPER buff, but his voice sounded like a squeaky bunny, which Sophie made fun of.

"Bye Vertina! See you later so you can get me ready for my photo shoot!" Sophie yelled as she ran out the door to find Sandor leading against the door of the limo.

"Grady and Edaline told me to tell you you will do great, and that they are sorry that they couldn't make it. Something about a run over horse or something." Sandor squeaked.

"Okay. Thanks Sandor. Let's GO!" Sophie said as she got into the car. Even though she had been doing this for three years, the giant crowds still scared her.

"We're here." Sandor reported as he opened the car door for Sophie. Instantly as her shoes hit the red carpet, she was greeted with cheering and screaming.

"Over here! Look over here Moonlark!" The paparazzi screamed as Sophie made her way to the stadium. As Sophie walked in, she was amazed at how amazingly decorative the place was. There were pictures of her with a microphone, and stacks of CDs with the Moonlark logo on it. The cover of Swan Song was Sophie as the Moonlark next to a window, staring out into the sunset. It was Sophie's favorite picture by far.

"Over here Moonlark." Sandor instructed. He led the way to a seat at a table next to a GIANT stack of CDs. Sophie was about to sit down when she heard someone call her name.

"Moonlark! Turn around!" The voice said. Sophie turned around to see the one and only Vacker siblings. Sophie put her hands behind her back, sticking up her middle fingers. She plastered on a fake smile.

"Hi! I'm a huge fan, and my dad got me and my brother V.I.P. tickets!" Biana exclaimed. "Please sign my CD first." She said bossily. Biana held out her CD in the album cover to Sophie. Sophie started looking for a pen, but couldn't find one.

"Here, use this one!" Biana said, shoving one into Sophie's hand after she had turned back to Biana.

"Thanks!" Sophie said, mentally clawing out Biana's eyeballs. She signed the CD case writing the name 'Moonlark' in her loopy cursive handwriting.

"Thank you!" Biana squealed, as she took a selfie with Sophie and the CD. "By the way, I LOVE your outfit!" Biana said, squealing. Her eyes roaming over the dress and accessories in envy.

"Aww. Thank you, It's one of my favorites." Sophie said, trying to be polite. She was fuming on the inside, but couldn't show it, so she had to act nice.

"When Biana and Fitz left Sophie announced, "Let the people in!" Tons and TONS of people came sprinting in.

For the next several hours Sophie signed a total of 1,583 CDs, and her hand was hurting alot. When Sophie was about to leave the building, she noticed a girl getting pushed back by some mean girls trying to get to the front. At that moment, she realized that it was Linh. Sophie walked through the crowd which was pretty easy when Sandor was there.

"Need help?" Sophie said, carefully squatting down in her heels, trying not to topple over. Linh was too starstruck to answer. After about five seconds, she shook her head and grabbed Sophie's hand to get back up.

"Thank you. I'm Linh by the way." Linh said, looking flustered. "Would you mind signing this?" Linh asked, holding out her CD case. It turns out, Linh never had a chance to get it signed.

"Of course!" Sophie exclaimed, trying to make it her best signature. "Would you like a selfie also?" Sophie asked.

"Of course!" Linh stuttered as she took out her iPhone. Sophie wrapped her arm around Linh's shoulder and Linh did the same as she took the photo. Linh thanked Sophie several times, and Sandor said Sophie needed to go.

"Nice to meet you Linh! I have a feeling we're going to be really good friends!" Sophie said, waving, while leaving poor Linh starstruck.

How was it ya'll? Let me know in the comments!

📖 ❤Macy❤ 📖