T W E N T Y F O U R

"Foster?" Keefe asked as he tucked Sophie's hair behind her ear. Sophie noticed that the teasing smirk he usually wore wasn't on his face. His face was like, super serious, and she had never seen him like this before. Her mind escaped these worries when Keefe asked the question she had been waiting for him to say ever since she figured out she loved him.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Keefe asked, his ice blue eyes prepared for the worse.

"YES YES A MILLION TIMES YES!" Sophie screamed, tackling Keefe as she put her arms around his neck and engulfed him in a rib-crushing hug.

"I was starting to think you would never ask." Sophie breathed, staring into Keefe's ice blue eyes, which were full of happiness. Sophie had loved seeing people with happiness in their eyes, but looking at Keefe right now, she realized how lucky she was.

Sophie and Keefe were taking a walk in Havenfields pastures. He didn't ask Sophie until they reached the spot where they would always play as kids. The reason Keefe didn't ask earlier was because he had to get permission from Grady and Edaline. Keefe shuddered at that thought. It wasn't the best experience.

~~~ Earlier ~~~

Keefe walked up to the door at Havenfield where he had been going to ever since he was a kid. He knew this place by heart. He tried to wipe his nervousness away before he knocked at the door. He knew that Sophie's dad stopped liking him after his dad had made him leave. He was afraid to face Grady, but he had to. For Sophie. And that thought went through his head the entire time. He knocked on the door.

"Coming!" He heard Edaline yell. For Sophie.

The door unlocked and Edaline's face popped out. At first she looked surprised, then shocked, then really happy. For Sophie.

"Keefe! Welcome! Come in!" Edaline said with a sappy smile, letting him come in. For Sophie.

"Hi Mrs. Ruwen." Keefe said sheepishly as he shuffled into the house. Iggy noticed the new person and ran up to Keefe. Iggy recognized him and licked his face when Keefe bent down to scratch his back. "Hey buddy, nice to see you too!" Keefe said laughing. For Sophie.

Once Keefe got Iggy off of him, he tried to look as presentable as possible. He did his research, today was Father's day, and every year on this day Grady and Sophie would go to their favorite restaurant. Sweet treats and eat lunch as their daddy-daughter date. Of course knowing how much his Father "loved him" he had nothing to do, and he wanted to take advantage of Grady not being there to ask Edaline for permission. He knew he would have to ask Grady too, but he wanted to ask Edaline first. For Sophie.

Ever since the day of the kiss, he and Sophie had been hanging out more and more. He could tell that Sophie really liked him, and he, well, he really liked her. Ever since they were kids. So today would be a night to remember. For Sophie.

"Well, ask me what you came to ask." Edaline asked with a smug look on her face. For Sophie.

"H-how did you know?" Keefe responded, all of a sudden, nervous. Usually he was one step ahead of everyone. For Sophie.

"Mother's intuition." Edaline replied, waiting for Keefe to ask the question, Keefe was like a son to her, and after Keefe had been coming over for a while now, she knew what he was here for. Especially since Grady wasn't there. Keefe gulped. For Sophie.

"I would like your permission to date your daughter." Keefe said really fast, wanting to get it over with. For Sophie. He liked Sophie a lot, no not liked. Love. he loved Sophie.

"Of course!" Edaline squealed as she gave Keefe a hug. She was really happy, and she knew Sophie would be really happy. Sophie was getting really stressed with her homework and new album, and sometimes there would be sleepless nights for her. But Edaline knew that whenever Keefe came over, her eyes would light up, and she would be really, really happy.

"Just answer this question from Grady. He knew you were coming over, but I forced him to go. He always enjoys his daddy-daughter dates." Edaline said with a wink, handing Keefe a piece of paper, and a pen. Keefe answered, and left saying thank you. Edaline looked at the note, smiled in approval, and set it down on Grady's desk.

~~~ End of Reminder ~~~

Keefe and Sophie were laying down on the trunk of the Special Pancakes tree that Sophie had been given after her family had died. Grady and Edaline had planted it right where everyone could see it on their property. After a while he could hear Sophie's breathing slow, and her head was laying on his shoulder. Everything was perfect.

But little did Keefe know that someone was watching. Watching them from the bushes the entire time.

Boom. Ka-pow. *mimes bomb explosion* Mic drop. Macy → out. (I crack myself up.)

📖 ❤Macy❤ 📖