T W E N T Y E I G H T

Sophie laid in her bed staring at the ceiling while her fan kept rotating. Around, around, and around. The night she had just had, had been, let's call it, interesting. Keefe and Linh had come over despite the protests from Tam telling Linh to stay far away from Lord Funkyhair. They had rocked out to MANY songs from Sophie's new album. Then after a VERY embarrassing moment when Edaline came in with a plate of Mallowmelt. She had walked into the room to see a trio of teenagers rocking their hearts out.

Sophie chuckled at the memory. It had been a carfree, pleasant day. And that day did not pop up on Sophie's calendar very often. Sophie groaned and stretched her aching bones, scrubbing her eyes for no apparent reason. She yawned, waiting for sleep to take her to the dreamland she never really got to see. Soon enough it was time for sleep. Sopie tossed and turned in her bed, all the stress of life was getting to her and she didn't know what to do. Iggy looked at her with sad eyes before he jumped onto her bed, cuddling with Sophie.

"Thanks Iggy," Sophie whispered softly, pulling him closer to her chest. She turned to look at her clock. It read 2:15 AM.

Sophie groaned and buried her head in Iggy's fur. She was definitely going to regret staying up tomorrow. She tried everything physically possible to fall asleep. Ice blue eyes then crept into her mind, actually lulling her to sleep.

"SOPHIE YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!" Sophie heard a voice yell, instantly recognizing it as Grady's voice.

"One more minute," Sophie mumbled into her pillow, her words turning into a yawn. But with her face mashed into the pillow, her yawn and words sounded like, "Mum or mimet."

"SOPHIE ELIZABETH FOST-" Grady started yelling as Sophie jumped out of bed, terrified to think what he would do to get her out of her bed. The last couple of times he dumped ice water onto her hands, legs, and feet. Then he sprayed shaving cream on her head.

"Coming, coming!" Sophie tiredly laughed, quickly getting changed, then grabbing her hair brush and running to her body length mirror. She started to brush her hair when she noticed the huge black bags under her eyes which almost made her topple over.

"Not now not now not now," Sophie mumbled to herself. If Edaline and Grady found out she wasn't sleeping, then they would make her quit as the Moonlark and everyone would know that SHE was the Moonlark. Then she would never have a normal life.

So she found the only solution. Makeup. As soon as she saw the tubes and containers of it in her Moonlark closet, she winced and knew she was going to die. But sadly it was the only option. So she grabbed a tube of makeup called concealer, and dabbed the stuff on like how Vertina would do it. She looked at herself in the mirror. The skin colored makeup did the trick.

"Not bad," Sophie said to herself, finishing her hair. Linh and Vertina would be proud. Ish. It was okay for her first time.

"Okay! Okay! I'm here!" Sophie said, grabbing the piece of toast on the counter and stuffing it into her mouth.

"Finally." Edaline laughed at her daughter while cleaning up the plates Grady had snuck and eaten chocolate on. "Do you have everything ready?" Edaline asked, raising a questionable eyebrow.

"Yeeeeesssss." Sophie groaned at her overprotective mother, showing her the full backpack of homework that she had finished for the month. Yesterday. She finished the month's homework yesterday. Somehow.

"Well Grady is waiting for you in the car, and have a good day at school!" Edaline said as she kissed Sophie's cheek and started shoving her gently toward the door.

"Iget it, I get it. I need to leave." Sophie chuckled as she hugged her mom one more time before running to the car.

"Hurry up kiddo you only have twelve minutes!" Grady yelled as he opened the door to the riders seat.

~~~ Timeskip to School ~~~

"Sophie, are you okay? You're almost never late!" Linh questioned Sophie because she had entered the classroom seconds before the teacher had. "And is that makeup?" Linh asked, wiping her thumb softly where the concealer was.

"Sophie, are you not sleeping?" Linh asked worriedly, looking anxiously at her honey-blonde haired friend.

"Darn, she noticed." Sophie thought to herself, unaware of the amused look on Linh's face.

"Um, you said that out loud." Linh said, laughing quietly. "But seriously are you okay?" She asked again, concern twisting her usually beautiful features into looking like she licked something sour.

"Yeah, I was just up late studying." Sophie laughed, trying to steer Linh onto a different topic.

"Uh, Sophie, we had nothing to study for." Linh said slowly, trying to read Sophie's face.

"Darn, I should've made a different excuse." Sophie thought while Linh's face twisted even more.

"You're talking out loud again." Linh told Sophie, notifying her that she had heard everything.

Sophie was really sleep deprived, mixing up what she said in her head, and what she said out loud.

"You're lying to me Sophie. Remember, that will never happen again?" Linh said softly, understanding that something was wrong. "You know you can tell me anything, right?" Linh asked, placing a hand gently on Sophie's shoulder.

"I know, and I'm sorry, I'm just really stressed with my homework, and the new album, and keeping my identity a secret." Sophie admitted, rubbing her hand against the back of her neck.

"Oh Soph," LInh said, leaning over to hug her while Sir Astin (Who is not Mr. Forkle by the way...) started his presentation on the stars, and the galaxy. "Don't worry. We can do this, but you have to promise that the next time this happens, you'll tell me. We're in this together, remember?" Linh asked, gently shaking Sophie after she put her other hand on Sophie's other shoulder.

"Of course." Sophie whispered, hugging her friends. They exited the classroom after Sir Astin excused the class, staring dreamily at the star on the board. The girls continued their day, but for the rest of it, Sophie was happy knowing that Linh was with her.

Hey guys! I'm not dead. I'm sorry for being inactive. It's just that my parents are making me do golf and tennis, and I have Softball States coming up, and it has been extra stressful now that my acting auditions are starting again... But I updated! I'll try to update at least every other day! I love you guys! Comment, follow and star me! Thank you! <3

📖 ❤Macy❤ 📖