T W E N T Y S I X

"Hey guys!" The Moonlark yelled as she entered the Linh and Tam filled recording studio. She and Keefe had been spending some time together, and they decided to make a song.

"You ready?" She asked Keefe as she turned on lots more of her studio lights.

"Always." Keefe whispered as they finished powering up the rest of the studio. They both went to a glass box with a little panel on the inside of it. Sophie handed Keefe some headphones to hear the music then put hers on. Then Sophie turned on the recording as Keefe started singing.

"There goes my heart beating cause you are the reason, I'm losing my sleep, please come back now." Keefe sang as Sophie paused the recording then started it up again with her singing.

"There goes my mind racing and you are the reason that I'm still breathing, I'm hopeless now." Sophie sang with Keefe looking at her in adoration.

"I'd climb every mountain, and swim every ocean, just to be with you and fix what I've broken oh, cause I need you to see that you are the reason." They sang in perfect harmony, their faces inches apart from each other. Sophie could feel Keefe's breath on her cheeks as they sang. It smelled like mint.

"That was AMAZING!" Linh squealed as she bursted out in applause from the chair she was sitting in. Tam followed behind her, looking annoyed as ever. "You guys are so good!" Linh said, hugging them both as they stepped out of the glass box to talk to the twins.

"T-thanks." Keefe said, unsure what to do as the girl practically crushe Sophie and him in a hug. Keefe could basically feel Tam's annoyed stare burning a hole in his back. He didn't know what his problem was.

"You were amazing, Foster." Keefe whispered into her ear as Linh finally released them, Sophie leaning on his chest while they were packing up. They reviewed the recording and started to put it together so they could give it to Mr. Forkle. For the rest of the day, that's what they did. Listen, piece, blend, and save.

Sophie was getting so many notifications from her teachers, and schoolwork assignments that she was starting to get overwhelmed. All of a sudden breathing became hard to do, and her vision was going blurry.

"Foster, Foster are you okay?" Keefe asked as he turned to her. Keefe was starting to get scared, Sophie's breathing became ragged and her face was turning red.

"Sophie, slow down and breathe." He whispered to try and get her calm. "In through your nose, and out through your mouth." He said, giving an example of how to do it.

Sophie wanted to cry, she wanted to scream that she couldn't breathe. She tried listening to Keefe, in and out, in and out, in and out. Her breathing became a little slower. Keefe noticed, and kept telling her to breathe.

"Keefe." Sophie cried as she tackled him crying into his shoulder. "I'm so sorry." Sophie whispered. Her fake bleached blonde hair covering her face.

"Don't worry Foster." He said as he wiped a tear from Sophie's cheek. Her eyes filled with tears again when she looked at him. He knew that she was really busy with being the Moonlark, and balancing it out with trying to do well in school, and tending for the animals at Havenfield.

"Thank you so much Keefe. I don't know what would've happened if you weren't around." Sophie whispered as her head rested in the crook in his neck, him softly rubbing her back.

"It's alright Foster, you just got too overwhelmed with everything." He said soothingly, trying to get her to calm down.

"I love you." Sophie murmured as she tiredly fell asleep, her head loosely resting on his right shoulder.

Keefe had never felt so happy in his entire life when he heard that.

"I love you too." Keefe whispered to the sleeping Sophie, and the only response he got was Sophie's steady breathing, and the small smile that slipped onto her face when he said I love you back.

📖 ❤Macy❤ 📖