T W E N T Y

"NO way Foster!" Keefe breathed as he encased Sophie in a rib-crushing hug. *Linh silently squealing in the background* "I finally found you." Keefe whispered in your ear.

"Took your sweet time, huh Sencen." Sophie cried as they finally broke apart. Keefe looked at Sophie with such amazement, it made Sophie blush from head to toe.

"You haven't changed that much Foster." Keefe laughed as he raised his hand to her face and stared at her.

"Linh, Tam! I have someone I need you to meet!" Sophie exclaimed as she let go of Keefe to grab them. When Sophie had got them, Keefe made sure that the Vackers were nowhere in sight. He didn't need Biana ruining the moment. But he did get jealous when he saw how easily Sophie grabbed Tam's hand. But he plastered on a fake smile when Sophie brought them over.

"This is Tam," Sophie said, gesturing to him, "And this is Linh!" Sophie said, introducing Linh. "These are my current friends at school!" Sophie felt so accomplished at that moment, she finally found her long lost best friend ever, and was spending time with him without getting interrupted.

Until it wasn't fine.

"OHHH KEEFIEPOOOOO!" Keefe heard the voice of his nightmares scream. He turned around as slow as possible not wanting to look her in the eyes. Maybe if he stayed still enough, he could turn invisible.

"I was talking to my friends..." Keefe trailed off when he turned to see Sophie, Tam and Linh had left as soon as they heard Biana's voice. "Erm, I was just eating some snacks!" Keefe said happily, but in reality he was really sad, and he really missed Sophie, and really wanted to hang out with her. He missed her, and yet somehow managed to develop feelings for her. But he couldn't, and she would never know.

~~~ Time skip ~~~

"It's okay Sophie, I know how much he means to you." Linh comforted Sophie when she broke down in her room after they came back from the party.

"Does he really not care about me anymore?" Sophie cried into Linh's shoulder. "I- I thought he really c- cared about m- me." She said, hiccuping.

"He does Soph, I promise." Linh said, trying to comfort the crying girl. "You should get some sleep, then we can talk about it tomorrow." Linh said, trying to give Sophie at least a little bit of everything she needed.

"O- okay. Thanks Linh." Sophie said, as she gave Linh one last hug. "You're the best friend that I could ever have." She said, offering a small smile.

"Good night Soph." Linh whispered as Sophie finally fell asleep.

"Is she okay?" Tam questioned Linh about the crying girl. Tam had suspected that Sophie had feelings for him the first time she had seen him again. The way she talked about him when they were young. Tam was going to crush Keefe when he got the chance for betraying Sophie like that.

"I think she'll be fine. She's been through so much worse." Linh sighed. "She didn't want anyone to know, but today was also the anniversary of when her parents died." Linh said, hugging herself.

"I- I didn't know." Tam stuttered, feeling like a bad friend for forgetting something so important to her.

"I know." Linh said somberly, yet proudly because Tam didn't know but she did.

"She'll get through it, like she always has." Linh felt bad for her friends, but she knew that Sophie would get over it. But Linh hoped it would be easier this time, because Soph had Tam and herself.

"We should go," Tam said, the rest of his sentence cut off by a yawn as he lead Linh to the car, and into the future.

Hey ya'll! I'm NOT dead! *I think...* Thanks for the support you guys! It's not going unnoticed! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Follow me for another chapter! Love ya!

📖 ❤Macy❤ 📖