T W E N T Y N I N E

~~~

"Sophie, I think you need to reveal your identity." Grady said softly, looking Sophie dead in the eye while she frantically scanned his face, hoping to see something that would tell her that this was a joke. That he was pulling her leg. But he wasn't. And that actually made her leg hurt.

~~~

I bet you're wondering how this happened, right? Well, if you don't want to hear it, I'm telling you anyway.

"Miss. Foster!" Her teacher barked, while Sophie jumped, quickly waking up.

"See class, this is what happens when you do something you're not supposed to in this class." Miss. Galvin said. It seemed she was really on Sophie's tail these last few days. Sophie didn't know why, she was just trying to get some extra sleep in since she only slept for thirty minutes last night. Editing her new song with Keefe was really hard. They were even going to perform it for the first time.

"Since Miss. Foster decided this would be a good time to doze off, why don't you do the problem on the board." Miss. Galvin announced loudly holding out a piece of chalk. As if she wasn't embarrassed enough.

Miss. Galvin's curvy looking lettering covering the board read: "What is the center and the radius of the circle whose equation is (x − 5)2 + (y+ 3)2 = 16?" Sophie recalled learning this before. In fact, she was the only one in the class that knew how to do it! She quickly did the problem in her head, double checked it on the board, and before she could say the answer, Miss. Galvin interrupted and said,

"Before you answer Sophie, just know that this is something you definitely should not know. It's way out of your math comprehension. In fact, it's a couple years ahead of your math skills! So don't be surprised if you get the wrong answer. Unlike me." She said, gesturing to herself in an elegant manner. Or she tried to make it elegant anyway. Sophie turned back to the board and rolled her eyes. Then she turned around again and said,

"The answer is (5, −3) and 4." Sophie smiled and set down the chalk while Miss. Galvin gave her a glare.

"That. Is. Correct." Miss. Galvin huffed out looking like admitting Sophie was right was going to kill her. Sophie smiled sweetly, but then Miss. Galvin announced,

"Well, even if it is the right answer, two more pages of homework because someone didn't study the work that I gave her." She smirked at Sophie, and from the classroom, Sophie could see Tam and Linh's sympathetic faces.

"No way." Someone murmured.

"Not again." Murmured the other. All the kids in the class were disappointed in her. Because she had done EXTRA WORK! It wasn't her fault she liked doing extra work and getting straight A's.

"Are you okay?" Linh asked as she approached Sophie after class. Lin had seen Sophie's sad face and needed to check up on her before their next class. Thankfully Grady and Edaline had asked the administrator to change Tam, Linh, and Sophie's schedule so that they were all in the same classes. Except for the band class.

"Same old, same old." Sophie chuckled, but there wasn't a hint of actual laughter.

"If you say so..." Linh said to Sophie before having to run to her next class.

~~~

Half an hour later, before the show

~~~

"Is Lord Funkyhair running late again?" Tam muttered while Sophie was getting her makeup and wig done by Vertina. He earned a nice elbow to the ribs from Linh after that snarky comment.

"Be nice." Linh whispered into Tam's ear once they were out of Sophie's earshot.

"She's already super nervous! No need to remind her what will happen if he doesn't show up on time!" Tam rolled his eyes.

"If he causes Sophie anymore pain-," Tam grumbled before a certain someone entered the room.

"Soph!" Keefe greeted while a grumpy looking Ro trailed behind him. She muttered some not so nice worlds under her breath.

"Keefe!" Sophie said jumping up fro her chair and running over to him, enveloping him in a hug.

"I missed you." Sophie added softly, snuggling her head into his chest. *cue Linh dying of Sokeefe cuteness*

"Are you okay? Your eye bags are way darker than usual, even with the makeup. You also look a little light headed." Keefe said, raising a questioning eyebrow at the petite girl.

"It's okay. I'm fine! I just drank some water so I should be okay for the show." Sophie answered, giving a weak smile to try, but failed, at coving up how lighthead she was.

~~~

The time of the show

~~~

"Everyone welcome, The Moonlark and Keefe Sencen!" The announcer yelled into the mic as Sophie walked onto the stage with Keefe. They didn't share their relationship with the public yet because they weren't ready for the criticism that would come with it.

"Hi everyone! Are you ready to have some fun!?!?!" Sophie yelled, laughing into the mic. The crowd roared.

"Well, this is our newest song! It's called, "You Are the Reason!"" Keefe called out. But then as the music hit, Sophie started to feel really dizzy. The world started spinning while stars came out of the night sky and enveloped her mind in a bright cushion, soft as a pillow. She tried to look at Keefe, but she was going in slow motion and by the time Keefe was running for her, her head hit the cool wood floor of the stage and the world went black.

📖 ❤Macy❤ 📖