F O U R T E E N

~The day of the party~

"You guys ready?" Linh squealed as she twirled in her new dress. When Sophie had imagined becoming the Moonlark, she never imagined going to the Vacker's party. Vertina insisted on going all out bling just in case she caught the eye of someone.

"Yup, amazing." Tam commented as he trudged out of the room. "I still don't understand how you made me come anyways."

"Come on Tam, this will be fun!" Sophie exclaimed as she walked out of the room in her Moonlark attire.

"Ahhh! I still can't believe that I'm best friends with the Moonlark!" Linh squealed as she bear-hugged Sophie.

"Come on Linh. Sandor is waiting for us." Tam said as he rolled his eyes at the hugging friends.

"Aww Tam. Don't be such a grump. This is a good occasion." Linh joked as she dragged Tam into the group hug.

"Miss Foster! Your ride is waiting!" Sandor reported from the door.

"Okay! I'm coming!" Sophie yelled back to the grumpy bodyguard. It turns out he was not looking forward to going to a teen's party. "Let's go guys!" Sophie said. Tam and Linh rushed into the limo behind Sophie.

"Bye Mom! Bye dad! See you guys later!" Sophie called out to her parents who were watching from the porch. They waved back as the limo left to go to the party.

~~~ Timeskip to the party ~~~

"Omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg," Linh squealed. "This is probably one of the best things that has ever happened to me!"

"Linh, calm down. People will notice you acting crazy." Sophie groaned as she spotted Linh dragging Tam to the snack.

"Hi!" A voice said behind her. "I'm Alden, thank you so much for attending my daughter's birthday. She really appreciates it."

"Oh, no worries! Thank you so much for letting me bring my friends." Sophie thanked Alden.

Behind her there was a live band playing. She was enjoying herself, and humming to herself when someone announced something into the microphone.

"Now, LIVE from the Vacker estate, the Moonlark!" The announcer exclaimed into the microphone. Sophie took that as her cue to go onstage.

"Wait! Let me say something! It is my birthday after all." A snobbish voice screeched into the microphone. "Okay. Now that I have your guy's attention, I would like to thank the Moonlark for attending my birthday! We are besties anyway."

Sophie inwardly cringed. But if she wanted the money, she would have to play along.

"Thank you so much Biana! I am honored to be here. Today, I will be singing one of my personal favorites! You all know it. It's Titanium!" Sophie exclaimed into the microphone. The music started, and Sophie tapped her foot to the beat and started to sing.

"You shout it out, but I can't hear a word you say

I'm talking loud, not saying much

I'm criticized, but all your bullets ricochet

You shoot me down, but I get up

I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose

Fire away, fire away

Ricochet, you take your aim

Fire away, fire away

You shoot me down, but I won't fall

I am titanium

You shoot me down, but I won't fall

I am titanium

Cut me down, but it's you who'll have further to fall

Ghost town and haunted love

Raise your voice, sticks and stones may break my bones

Talking loud, not saying much

I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose

Fire away, fire away

Ricochet, you take your aim

Fire away, fire away

You shoot me down, but I won't fall

I am titanium

You shoot me down, but I won't fall

I am titanium

I am titanium

I am titanium

Stone heart, machine gun

Fired at the ones who run

Stone heart, as bulletproof glass

You shoot me down, but I won't fall

I am titanium

You shoot me down, but I won't fall

I am titanium

You shoot me down, but I won't fall

I am titanium

You shoot me down, but I won't fall

I am titanium

I am titanium"

Sophie sang, her heart pouring into every word. The crowd at the Vacker's party loved the song and cheered at the end. Out of the whole crowd Sophie spotted Linh and Tam excitedly clapping for her. Linh gave a thumbs up.

"Thank you everyone, have a great rest of the evening." Sophie walked off the stage. She had an amazing time. She was walking away from the crowd when she heard someone drop a glass cup.

~~~ Flashback ~~~

"Mommy! Do it again!" Little Sophie called to her mom. The Foster family was just finishing up their road trip and were heading home. Sophie's mom knew how to do a spot on impression of Donald Duck and little Sophie loved it.

"Not now soybean. I'm driving, plus your sister is still sleeping." Sophie looked over and scowled at the sleeping Amy.

"Please!" Sophie begged, jumping up and down in her booster seat.

"Okay fine, but only once, because I love you. Okay?" Sophie's mom said as she finally gave into her daughters begging.

"Yay!" Sophie cheered, at that moment they were all one happy family. Until they weren't when a drunk driver crashed his car into theirs.

Glass broke, shattering everywhere, and covering everything. Sophie rubbed the back of her head where it had hit the seat.

"Mommy?" Sophie groaned as she got out of her booster and rushed to her Mom.

"Mommy. MOMMY! NO NO NO!" Sophie rushed over when her mom didn't move.

"Mommy, you're going to wake up, okay? Remember you love me right?" Sophie cried into her mother's shirt which was covered in glass and blood. "I love you mommy, please wake up." Sophie kept repeating those words as she held her mothers body for the last time, but it was too late. The entire Foster family had died in a car crash, except for Sophie.

By the time people came to inspect what happened, all they saw was a crying girl, no older than six, sobbing on the floor next to her family's dead bodies.

~~~ End of Flashback ~~~

When Sophie recalled the flashback, she didn't want anyone to see her crying, so she ran off. As soon as she saw no one was following her, she collapsed and started crying. She was so busy crying she didn't notice someone approaching her.

"Are you okay?" A nervous voice asked. Sophie was so surprised by the voice, she stood up and tripped over her feet. When Sophie cleared her eyes, she realized it was none other than Liam Maxwell, the famous guitar player. He was really cute, with green eyes and brown hair, and adorable dimples when he smiled.

"Not really." Sophie sniffled as she turned away.

"I think you need a hug," He decided, and he gave her one.

Sorry ya'll. Sorry.

📖 ❤Macy❤ 📖