CHAPTER 23

CHAPTER 23

(Y/n)'s POV

Why? Why can't I remember anything? You were confident about what you saw before falling but now even they are blurry. Maybe you did make an assumption of what happened. You looked through your phone, for old emails or photos that might remind you of your past. But there was nothing. All old emails were deleted and you only had photos of beautiful sceneries. There must be a way to gain my memories back. Is there someone that can help me? Feeling tired and hopeless, you decided to close your eyes and fall asleep.

"Hello Dear, I haven't seen you in a long time. Is everything going well?" Wait. An idea popped into your head. "Hey Doc, I guess everything is fine. I wanted to ask you something." "Yes, what is it that you want to know?" "Every reset creates a new timeline, right? Do the resets affect anything on the surface? And did Frisk had the ability to reset when they were on the surface?" "Well, an accident happened a few years ago, which affected the whole underground. These resets can only be done by someone very determined, the human child, Frisk could reset only when they fell. The timelines on the surface were affected too, but there were no humans who were aware of them, except- Why ask?" "I can't seem to remember events from my past, I was wondering if you can access the timelines created on the surface. So that I can learn more about myself. I don't want people to worry about me." "Sure, dear. I promise I'll help you with your memory loss after you finish my tasks." He then opened up a portal. "Thank you, sir." "Wait before you go, remember don't be seen or communicate with anyone." "Aye aye, sir."

You entered the portal which brought you to a dark room. You decided not to turn on the lights as you don't want to catch anyone's attention. You checked the desk to see blueprints, then open the drawers, only to find papers and books. You then checked the cabinet which looked familiar. Last but not least, you uncover the sheets to reveal a machine. The structure of the machine feels familiar. There was a grey spark in the machine. You heard footsteps and quickly hopped into the machine hoping that no one sees you. Someone turned on the lights and started walking in your direction. Luckily, Doctor Gaster managed to open up the portal in time. "That was really close." "You should be more careful next time." "Yep. By the way, how many more sparks do you need?" "Six, six more." "Should I proceed?" "No. I think that's enough for today. See you soon." Everything started fading away again before you got a chance to say goodbye.

You woke up and checked the time and saw it was only 6.43 a.m. After tossing and turning, you decided to wake up since you can't go back to sleep. That's why that cabinet looked familiar. You told yourself while taking your clothes. You took a bath and went downstairs. "GOOD MORNING (Y/N), YOU ARE UP EARLY." "Morning Paps, do you need help with breakfast." "NO WORRIES (Y/N), I'M ALMOST DONE." He was making spaghetti as usual. His cooking is getting better day by day. "HERE'S YOUR PLATE, (Y/N). " "Papyrus, this smells delicious." "NYEHEHEH.I KNOW." You liked his confidence. "SO, (Y/N). WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO TELL SANS." Papyrus whispers but he still sounds like he's talking with a decreased volume. "About what?" You whispered back.

"YOU KNOW, THAT YOU LIKE HIM." "I don't know. I am not sure if he feels the same." "(Y/N) LISTEN. I THINK HE LIKES YOU TOO, AND I DON'T KNOW WHO'S GOING TO MAKE THE FIRST MOVE." "You think? But I know he only sees me as his sister or a great friend. Definitely not as a lover. Besides, I don't have the guts to confess." You told him while looking at your spaghetti. "You two having breakfast without me?" "BROTHER YOU ARE UP EARLY." "Sans, how long have you been standing there?" "Longer than you think. By the way, that's a weird way to say good morning." Oh my goodness, did he hear our conversation? "BROTHER, DON'T YOU KNOW IT IS RUDE TO EAVESDROP ON OTHER'S CONVERSATION?!" "Wow wow, both of you, I was just joking. But it seems like you were talking about something I shouldn't know." Sans raised his non-existence eyebrows at you and Papyrus. "No no, it's not like that. It's just that... we got shocked, that's all." "YEAH, WE WERE JUST SURPRISED THAT YOU LAZY BONES WOKE UP EARLIER THAN USUAL." you knew he can tell that you two were lying. But he sat down beside you and started digging in instead.