CHAPTER 18

CHAPTER 18

Sans's POV

I woke up to the smell of alcohol and cigars. Did I accidentally fall asleep at Grillbys? But I am not that person anymore. Maybe I had overdosed? I woke up to see (y/n) sleeping beside me. At that moment I realized that I f*cked up... literally. Who knows the terrible things I made her do. "Sans, you're awake?" "I am so sorry (y/n) please forgive me. I think I had too many shots and got overboard. Can you tell me what happened?" She looked sick and tired. Also confused. "Huh? It was 1 am and I accidentally slept on the couch. When I headed up, your room door wasn't closed and I saw you weren't in there. I called you but you didn't pick up." I looked at my phone.7 missed calls from +96876263, 23 missed calls from +7279787.  "*sniff* You were pole dancing. I pulled you out and carried you home... First off, you were horny but after I *sniff* I'm sorry I slapped you, you were like a child... I guess?" I could still feel the pain on my cheekbones.

"I am so sorry, did I hurt you in some way?" "No, just my feelings, you promised..." This is why I hate making promises. Things happen and you couldn't keep your promise. Sans, look what you have done. She looks so sick. "I'm sorry, I am not going to the pub ever again... You okay? You look super tired. " "I'm fine just a slight co- achoo!" "Since it's already noon, I think we are getting a day off. Plus, you're sick." "Sans I'm perfectly fine, you see." "No, you should just stay here. I will watch over you since it's my fault." "Fine. I'm starving..." "Already? Then, I am heading out to buy us cinnamon buns. Don't you dare move a limb." "Well, I'll try my best." She gave me a warm smile.

I walked out while dialing Papyrus. He called me earlier. "Hey, Pap-" "SANS YOU LAZY BONES WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? WHY DIDN'T YOU PICK UP MY CALLS? WHY AREN'T YOU AT YOUR STALL?" "Woah Paps, one question at a time. I got drunk yesterday and was carried home by (y/n). She caught a cold so I am looking after her." "TAKE GOOD CARE OF HER. I'LL COME HOME LATER WITH SOME SOUP. (Why are you buying clothes at the soup store! XD)" Sigh. Close call. Paps would be so worried if I have gotten drunk. He'd be the one to pick me up from Grillbys. But since I stop working there, that doesn't happen anymore... To be honest, sometimes I feel jealous of the relationship between him and Metta... I feel like I am getting less attention from him... But I am happy for my bro and will always be there when he needs me. " (Y/n), I'm home." I went upstairs and saw her snoozing. I sat beside her looking at her lovingly. "Oh Sans you're back." "Sorry I waked you up. Here are the buns." She laughed. "Thanks, Sans, are you feeling okay?" "Well, I'm supposed to be the one to ask."

"I meant like... is it okay if I ask you something?" "Yeah." "Sorry if it's offensive but... where d-did you l-learn pole d-dancing?" I gave her a questioning look then I chuckled. "Why'd you ask?" Her cheeks were slightly pink. I can't figure out whether she was blushing or she was cold. "Uhm, y-you did very well y-yesterday. I'm s-sorry if it's a very p-personal question or something." I laughed while she looked at me blankly. "Well sweetheart, I worked as a stripper at Grillbys before Frisk came." "Why'd you stopped? Uh sorry, I'm just too nosy ain't I." "No, it's okay... I started to realize that life isn't just about clubbing, alcohol, drugs, and sex after the kid came. I wanted to live a more meaningful life and my first initiative was to quit my job. Then I started selling hot dogs to support the family and Paps's dream to join the royal guards. Thank goodness I have great friends by my side to support me and my brother." I sighed and glanced at (y/n). Surprisingly, she wasn't disgusted at all. "But sometimes I feel empty inside as if something was missing from my life. I feel like no one cares or loves me. I feel like people had only used me as a sex toy but hadn't taken my love seriously. They are not to blame, I was the foolish one. I thought that being loved means having sex with another but I always felt ... empty." I started crying. Sans, why are you telling all of this? But it's always good to have someone to listen to them.

I then felt a warm feeling in my palm. It was (y/n). "Sans you are loved. By Papyrus, Alphys, Undyne, Mettaton and even me. Love is not gained from your significant other only, it can also come from your family members and friends. Remember that we care about you a lot." "You're right." She hugged me. I wiped away my tears. "Well eat it when it's hot, you don't want a cold bun don't you?" she giggled. "Well, that's not sweet of you. Good to have you back Sans." "Bad joke?" "Bad joke." The both of us stared at each other then started laughing like total lunatics not knowing the reason. "*cough* *cough*" "Here drink some water, you don't want it to get worse don't you." "Why is it so cold anyway?" "I don't know how you feel but Christmas by the corner." "Why didn't you tell me? You guys don't do any decorations ?" "Not need. Our house already has Christmassy vibes ever since we moved." "Fair point." "That means we have more time to flake out." "Snowly, Papyrus won't allow us to." "Way to lit up my spirits." The both of us laughed at our terrible puns.