Chapter 26: The Twist

The following events are the major twist in the story. Please do not ruin other's reading experience - do not spoil them through any means of action. Thank you!

WENDY

"We've came to your aid."

THE PLAN was successful and we made it in time. Our task was to obtain the manager's fingerprint in order for Sophie and Kentonni to get out of the third floor. The main corridor door can only be opened - not by any keycard - by the hotel and casino manager's fingerprints.

"Wendy! Zen!" Sophie exclaimed as soon as she saw us.

Dali-dali silang tumakbo papalabas at papunta sa 'min. We pushed the close button before the guards could even get out - it closed in time. Sinira ni Zen ang lock where the fingerprint detector is by smashing it with a fire extinguisher.

The guards from the other side tried to open it by all means - kicks, punches, keycard - but even the manager's fingerprints won't do because the doors are now broken, thanks to us. They're probably cussing at us by now.

I hope we won't get arrested because of this.

Kentonni and Sophie caught their breaths first before we climb upstairs. They look very exausted at sobra-sobra rin ang pawis na tumatagaktak sa mukha nila.

"You two look very rubbish," Zen jested and chuckled. Although it was no time at all for jokes, I also chuckled - very happy that these two are safe because I don't know what to do otherwise.

"Salamat sa compliment," sarcastically, Sophie answered but she was busy catching her breath that prevented herself from smacking Zen.

"I'll let that slip, Zen. Thanks for saving our ass," sabi naman ni Kentonni at nginitian kami.

"Where's the files?" tanong ko. Napansin ko rin kasing shotgun lang ang dala ni Kentonni at walang kahit ano.

Obtaining the files from the hotel's room - Emily Jones's room - is Sophie and Kentonni's task. Ang mga files na 'yon ang naglalaman ng identities ng mga members ng Quintuple at mga taong kasangkot sa grupo.

"They didn't get the files," Skye answered. "But that won't hinder us, worry not. Kapag nasa dulo na tayo ng plano natin, we'll deal with their identities."

They failed, huh. This is getting suspicious, indeed.

"Zen, on your 7 o'clock, one guard is approaching."

We abruptly became alarmed after hearing what Skye said. We looked at Zen's back and heard heavy footsteps coming. On the other side, the stairs are beaming at us so hurriedly climbed it up with light footsteps.

The tension I felt was lightened. Perhaps because I felt very secured now that there's four of us. Pero hindi ko pa rin maiwasang kabahan - we trespassed th evil's lair and there's no guarantee that we can make it out in one piece.

Fourth floor.

Bumungad sa 'min ang lobby'ng walang tao. Nakahinga kami nang maluwag at nagkatinginan sa isa't isa. We're now at the climax of our plan - and there still hasn't any obstruction from the traitor.

Whoever it is, among us, I hope s/he has a valid reason why. We all here are risking our lives - this is a crazy deed for teenagers, extremely crazy. Sa ilang linggo naming pagsasama, I'm still convinced that my friends - if we're already in that stage - have benevolent hearts.