Chapter 14: Skye's Valentine [Fleur]

WENDY

I DID not sign up for this. "Pero Skye, wala namang-"

"Stand back, baby. Let me handle this. This is between me and her," sagot niya at iniharang ang braso niya sa 'kin.

At ano raw? Baby?! Disgustingly gross! The worst callsign ever! I am totally unaware of Skye's plans for this. Malayo sa ganito ang pinag-usapan namin. Kakausapin lang namin ang sender at susubukang paamuhin ang galit nito kay Skye.

"You dare to call her 'baby' before me? 'Yan ba ang dahilan kung bakit mo 'ko tinawag dito? Para ipagmayabang 'yang relasyon niyo? Fuck that crap," naiinis na sambit niya kay Skye pero nakamamatay naman ang titig niya sa 'kin.

"I called you here to confirm something. You're Mathilde, aren't you?"

"Wha- fine. Oo, ako nga. Hindi ko in-expect na ikaw pala si Zack. Fuck that no OP related." Napahawak si Karen sa noo niya at halos mangiyak-ngiyak na. "Kung alam ko lang... kung alam ko lang na si Zack pala 'yung dine-date ko noon... s-sana... sana sineryoso na kita noon pa man!"

"Sorry, Mathilde. I liked Karen... before. Now, we're over. Kaya please, tantanan mo na ako. Bakit kailangan mo pang magpadala ng mga bangkay ng hayop? Nababaliw ka na ba, ha?"

"To remind you..." Hindi agad ituloy ni Karen ang sasabihin niya. May pa-suspense effect pang nalalaman.

Sheesh. Ayokong panoorin ang mga ganitong drama. Nandidiri ako. Tell me, Wendy. Why'd you get involved in this crap again? Oh, your so-called Music club, that falsifies as a detective club, had to carry through its first activity.

"To remind you... that the death of our destiny won't be in vain."

"What the hell are you babbling about?"

"This girl?" tanong niya at binigyan ako ng nandidiring tingin. "This girl is my replacement? Are you fucking kidding me, Zack? Nabulag ka ba?"

Seriously, I would be asking the same question. He could've chosen Sophie to pretend as his girlfriend.

"If you've shown up here to insult my girl, better take your departure this instant. Nalaman ko na ang gusto kong malaman."

"I loved you, Zack! And you loved me, too! Didn't you? Ano 'yon, naglaho nalang 'yang pag-ibig mo na parang bula? Kahit na magkaibang tao 'yon, Mathilde and Karen are the same, Zack!" She paused, holding her tears back. "Now, I'm giving you one more chance para bawiin ang sabihin mo... Be with me, Zack."

Have you ever desired to abandon the TV show-an utter corrupted romance-drama-however, you've got no choice but to remain silent while testing your thin patience?

"You're rather bold to ask that in front of my girlfriend," Skye said monotonously. "You know my response, Karen. No. I choose her over you."

"What have I done to deserve this rejection? I know you're an enormous jerk but I didn't know you're this stupid, Zack! I gave almost everything to you. Alam kong kaya kitang alagaan. Of all people, ako ang mas nakakakilala sa 'yo. Hindi mo ba 'yon maintindihan?!"

"Roleplay world is different from the real world. Fake feelings. Fake identities. Fake people," Skye answered as he squinted his eyes, looking down on Karen. "Of all people, you know that better, Mathilde. The Zack that you loved is not me, but a character I made for myself-like how different the author and the book character is, I am different from Zack."