Chapter 12: Skye's Valentine [Ladybug And Cat]

WENDY

"Skye loves brownies! Skye loves brownies!"

KANINA PA 'yan sinisigaw ni Zen sa buong school. Hindi ko alam kung naubusan na ba siya ng hiya o gano'n na lang ang kalaki ang pagmamahal niya sa brownies. I still recall what happened yesterday in Zen's family house. He's the one who loved brownies, isn't he? Why was he telling that Skye loves it, too? Though, I doubt that the latter does.

"Zen, hinaan mo boses mo. Baka may teacher na dumaan 'tapos pagalitan nanaman tayo," saway ng isa naming kaklase.

Right, they aren't afraid of Zen when he's in a good mood. He seemed very harmless and innocent from the surface.

"Hala, beshies! Nakalimutan ko 'yung assignment ko sa dorm—"

"Nakalimutan? Sus, mga palusot mo, girl. Malamang hindi ka lang gumawa, e. Hahaha!"

"Hoy, excuse me. Gumawa kaya—"

We heard a loud thud coming from the doorway. As we looked up altogether, a girl came to our view. She was holding a bottle of beer with her right hand while her left hand is waving in the air over her head. Her blazer appeared to he ironed unwell, giving an unpleasant sight along with her short skirt. Her facet was red all over.

"Yow, everyone!" She hiccuped. "Wala talagang tatalo sa umagang 'to!"

A drunkard, you might wanna call her. It's too early for the day. Her name is Stella Olivar, our class president and seconed ranked in the class' cream of the crop.

Honestly, I am included to those voters who chose her to lead the class—she seemed very intelligently responsible, knowing Filipinos' custom, syempre 'yung matatalino ang gagawing president.

Skye objected from the idea of being the president himself thus this girl stood out. We never foreseen this kind of irresponsible personality of hers.

"Umagang-umaga, lasing nanaman siya. Dapat talaga magpalit na tayo ng president."

Tommy, the nerdy extrovert, stood up from his seat. "Sabi ko sa inyo e, dapat ako nalang naging president para—"

"NEVER!"

Itong classroom na 'to ang pinakapasaway sa buong buulding ng STEM. Halos dito sa class 11-A napunta ang mga irresponsible at weirdong estudyante pero kung talino naman ang usapan, hindi rin sila nagpapatalo. Itinuturing nila ang bawat sila bilang pamilya samantalang rivals naman ang tingin nila sa ibang section.

To think that I hardly became part of their family, it's a little too painful.

Nanahimik ang lahat nang pumasok ang teacher namin. Monday, first period of class is all what we've wanted to get rid of. Every class has its own terror teacher and in our case, this is the time where we face our own. Anyhow, hindi naman ako natatakot, I've always been a silently good student.

Mr. Garcia stood still, observing each one of us with his keen eyes, "So nobody is absent to—"

"I'm sorry for being late, sir!"

Bigla namang sumulpot sa pinto si Skye, hinahabol pa ang kanyang hininga. Napagawi kami sa direksyon niya at iba't-iba ang reaksyon ng buong klase. He was late.

As always. Mr. Garcia's inhuman glare has drifted to Skye, as the latter gulped in fear. "Essays. 25 topics. 500 words each. Properly grammatical and accurate usage of punctuation marks. Deadline? The day after tomorrow."

"Po? Sandali lang po, 'di ko po kaya—"

"You have complaints, Javier?"

"N-None, sir..."