[TCP] Chapter 01: Drawback Murder

WENDY

WHAT THE hell is going on? Has the world turned against us and gave us this never-ending disaster? My two weeks sound vacation had to be paid — and this despair is the exchange? One more surprise from life, I'd definitely collapse in madness.

The young woman didn't just die in any cause — she was murdered. No doubt. I saw the strangulation marks on her neck.

"Sinakal siya," wika ni Heather habang nakatitig sa bangkay.

"I forgot to bring a disguise," I heard Zen whispered from the phone. Wait, is he seriously going to solve this poisoning case? Despite of his life hanging on the edge of the cliff?

"We need to get out of here, Zen," I firmly decided.

"No, you have to make a call, Wendy," he cheerfully said and I sensed his weak smile from here. "Let's focus on this case first and let Sophie handle our hidden agenda, shall we?"

"Oh~ You'd have to waste time, then," sabat ni Heather. "Since ikaw ang unang nakakita sa bangkay, you'd have to be questioned. And since Zen is the freaking detective, responsibilidad niyang isara ang kaso."

I hate to admit that they're right. I have to call Sophie and let her know about our situation right now. Sasagutin niya ba ang tawag ko? What if she just — No, I shouldn't be thinking of that. We need to save Kentonni and Zen mainly.

I briskly pulled Heather out of the comfort room and gladly, she didn't argue. Nang makalabas kami, isinara ko ang pinto. Before I could even speak, Heather already started walking away.

"I'll tell the staffs about what we discovered. Guard that door. Don't let anyone in," she said.

I rolled my eyes. Duh, she didn't have to tell me. I knew exactly what to do. She must be enjoying to have something to boss about.

While waiting, I dialed Sophie's number. It took a couple of seconds before my call was answered.

To avoid awkwardness, I voluntarily initiated the talk. "Hello, Sophie? We got a situation here. Hindi pa namin kayang pumunta sa inyo."

"We'll come to you. Where were you?" tanong niya. She doesn't sound irritated nor pissed. She sounded very authoritative and it was fairly obvious from her voice that we were in a quite pinch.

I don't have to inform her about the bomb on Zen's neck because Heather already told her so. We've got no time to waste.

"Inside a fast food chain at Mega Mall. There has been an murder incident here. We're stuck. You can't go in here . . ."

"Okay, okay. So until the case is closed, hindi kayo makakaalis?"

"Unless na maging witness kami o suspect," I corrected her. But I winced when Zen was paying close attention to every people what has to say. He was eager to get to the bottom of this.

May dalawa kaming choice: (1) get out of here when we are needed no longer since I'm convinced that we won't be a suspect — for I do not know who the woman was and I'd say the same thing for Heather; (2) get out of here until the phantom detective solves the mystery.

"I'm going to wait for you, guys. Huwag kayong mag-alala . . ." Nagulat ako nang marinig na nanginginig na rin ang boses niya.

"We're gonna be fine," I said, tryna fill my statements with warmth.

Wala na rin kaming oras para alalahanin ang nangyari sa 'min noon sa Fiasco at ang ginawa ko sa kanila. We had to set the hard feelings aside to save these two.