Chapter 13: Skye's Valentine [Reality and RPW]

WENDY

THIS WAS the first time that my ears have heard such world in the internet. I'm not much of a social media user unless I obliged to talk to my brother but I ran out of load. I used it just for communication and I don't interact with people online.

I won't do unnecessary deeds-talking to strangers, posting some random facts about me and anything nonsensical, sharing interesting yet unnecessary stories-I'd rather choose to do the things that gives me bliss and benefits. That excludes me from any caves of pressure.

"That is the world where you have to be someone you're not," Skye goes on. "Zack ang pangalan ko roon. And I've became pretty popular, too."

"Parang kahit saan ka ata pumunta talagang mag-i-stand out ka," sabi naman ni Sophie sa mahinang tono.

"Lagi akong may ka-chat noon-"

"Even during 2 AM in the morning. Wide awake," singit ni Zen habang nakangisi. Whoa, that was something odd. I've never been soaked under social media's influence that caused me wakeful at such time. Perhaps Skye used to be a night owl.

"That was the time when I met someone. A girl with exquisite mentality and easy to talk to. Marami kaming napagkakasunduan at madals na nauuwi sa pagtatalo but in the end, the argument's result was a draw. Nonetheless, we never hold grudges. She's dazzling in every way. And I always consider her as a reliable friend."

"She's just a friend? Awe man," disappointed na komento ni Kentonni.

"Hanggang isang araw, nalaman ko na taga-Ranshin din pala siya. At mas nakakagulat nang malaman kong nag-aaral rin pala siya dito sa Percevale. Nagkukwento kasi siya na mayroon daw isang sikat na lalaki sa school nila, Skye Isaac Javier daw but she never gave a damn about him."

"Oh, ouch. What a coincidence."

"That was also the time when she confessed her feelings for me-"

"Oo nga 'no! Para siyang si... Cat Noir? Hahaha, e kasi 'di ba wala siyang feelings para kay Skye pero love niya si Zack-which is the same person by the way? Ang sad pero interesting."

"Yeah. Dahil daw sa pag-ibig niya sa 'kin, ginawa niya ang lahat para malaman ang totoo kong pangalan. And she did. Despite of the golden rule in that realm that-"

"No operator related," singit nanaman ni Zen. Nakatingin siya sa smartphone niya habang may ngiti sa mga labi. "Which means you need to separate your reality in that world where you can be anyone you wanted. Fake life, in simpler words. Interestingly grievous."

"Would you let me finish my story, grumps?"

Zen just waved his hand, without even drifting his sight to Skye, and he deliberately gave his entire attention towards his smartphone as if he was dipping into a rousing gossip.

"As I was saying, she fell in love and discovered my identity. But I friendzoned her."

"So paano ka naging si Ladybug?" nagtatakang tanong ni Sophie habang nakapatong ng baba sa kanyang palad.

"She said she's one of the girls I've dated. And I've confirmed it," Skye said in a dead serious tone, as if his life was in grave danger.

"WHAT?!"

"Ladybug isn't a two or three or multiple timer!" sigaw ni Sophie na nagsasalubong ang kilay.

There were actually things that you thought are will only be a part of fantasies yet occurs in reality-Skye's experience for example. People should never neglect every possible plots that life may drop upon us.