Chapter 6

Noel POV

I can't believe I texted her. Mark gave me the number without a question.

She didn't seem to mind. I wonder if it was weird. She's bringing me another Lunchable! Yay!

Anyway, I fussed at Alex and Josh about embarrassing me. Mostly Alex, because she liked Josh.

"Thank you Josh for actually acting somewhat decent. Though, feeling her arms shouldn't be something you'd do. Though they are pretty impressive.. Anyway, Alex I can't believe you did that. You just embarrassed yourself and me in front a student! Why'd you do that? Why'd you hate her? She did nothing to you!" Alex looked down then looked at me.

"I was jealous. I didn't know she was your student, she looks like your type. I mean, how was I supposed to know? You looked at her like she's more than a student, and she looked at you that way too. She likes you more than a student if I'm not mistaken." I shook my head furiously.

"No! You've got it all wrong! She's just a student, I don't like her more than that, and she doesn't like me more. We just talk a lot because she has a lot of things going on in her life and I listen. Why would you be jealous anyway? We're not together, nor will we be together again. Alex I don't like you more than a friend. You're like my sister. That's all... I think you know that and feel the same way, but you don't want to move on. You really need to though." She shook her head.

"I think I need to leave." Josh said getting up and going into his room. I sighed and looked at Alex.

"Noel, you're more than a friend or sister to me." She said getting up and walking towards me. I frowned and walked backwards away from her.

"No, I'm not. Stop doing that. Sit down." I said hurriedly as she tried to kiss me.

"Come on, one more time. Then tell me you don't feel anything. Just one more kiss." I shook my head no, but she pulled my face into hers anyway. Her lips touched mine, but it didn't feel right. Just bland and rough.

I pushed her away from me hard.

"Alex stop! I felt nothing!" She looked at me confused.

"But I love you. I really do." I shook my head.

"You don't love me, you told all of your ex's the same thing when you got bored and wanted them back. I'm not them! I'm supposed to be your best friend, can I get a little bit more respect? Do not try to kiss me again, or make any other moves on me. Do not try to come in between me and someone, especially if you just think something's going on. I'm still pissed at you about that! I can't do this. Goodnight." She tried to pull me back but I looked at her pleadingly. "Please Alex... Let me go." She sighed and let go, and I went to my room. This is when I actually texted Carter. I'm glad I did because she cheered me up. I was sorta surprised she was awake.

I went to sleep rather happy, and I actually slept through the night.

I woke up the next morning to the smell of something cooking. I got up, took a shower and went down stairs. Alex was cooking. I'm still mad at her but her cooking is amazing.

"Good Morning Noel." I narrowed my eyes at her.

"I'm still mad at you, but I want food." She laughed and brought me a plate and sat beside me.

"Eat while I talk." I picked up my fork and started to eat my eggs. "I'm sorry about last night. You were right... I just keep thinking that once you get a girlfriend you're going to forget about me. Or they won't want you to hang out with me, because they'll think something's up. I just don't want to lose you Noel." I sighed and stopped eating to talk.