Chapter 10

Noel POV

I walked into my classroom and Mark was waiting for me.

"She's doing fine. She's at my house now. Our brother flew down to see her after I told him about her breakdown." He looked at me seriously. "Carter has some problems, I was also like her therapist. She's not crazy or psychotic, she's just been through a lot. That medicine brings out a different person." He explained.

"If you're insinuating that I wouldn't wait for Carter because of that, then you obviously have me figured out wrong." He smiled.

"I know she's not crazy, it's all okay."

"Okay. It's just, you've heard half of it and she hasn't told you... She'll probably be mad." I sighed.

"She's already mad at me anyway." He nodded.

"I think she's more hurt about you and Alex than what you said." My mouth dropped.

"She told me to move on!" He shook his head.

"Not that fast. She told me everything. Less than 24 hours Noel?"

"I was drunk... I didn't even know Carter was going to come back. Alex and I aren't together, it was a last time thing. I don't even remember it, I just woke up and we were naked together."

"Okay."

"Honestly, Carter is the only person I have feelings for now." He smiled.

"That's what I like to hear. Thank you Noel. For it all, she needs someone other than the people who've always been there." I nodded.

"I'll do it." He hugged me, kissed my cheek, and walked away. Then there was a knock at my door.

"Come in!" The door opened and it was Amy.

"Ms. Stewart, I just thought you might want to know Carter's got a concussion." I faked my surprise.

"Really? Oh my gosh! Is she okay? What'd she do?" She shook her head and shrugged.

"She won't tell me what she did, she just says it's an accident. She's fine, she insists on coming to school tomorrow. Her brother's at Mark's house making sure she doesn't leave." I nodded.

"Well, that's good. At least she gets to rest, tell her I hope she feels better."

"I will.. But something's wrong with her. Even though Luke's there she still seems down. She won't tell us what happened and Mark and Luke told us not to bother her about it... I'm just concerned about her. I don't know what to do." I nodded, but I felt bad knowing I had everything to do with that.

"That sounds bad. Poor Carter. I really hope everything gets better. She's a strong girl." She smiled and thanked me and left out waving goodbye.

I plopped down in my chair and sighed. The bell rang, and I got up and went into the hallway. Everyone came in and the bell rang, so I went inside the classroom. I looked around, and I sighed at Carter's empty chair.

I know today's going to be a long day.

I sat down at my desk to take role, which I usually get Carter to do during class. Guess I'll be doing it myself now. As I was checking who was absent, I saw a hand raise. It was Brett, one of the football players, the one who always tries to flirt with me.

"Yes?" He had a sly smirk on his face.

"Ms. Stewart, I never asked you. Do you have a boyfriend?" I rolled my eyes.

"If it has nothing to do with math don't ask me. Do not ask me anything about my personal life. If I felt like sharing I would. I'm not in the mood for that today, do not start. I'll have you in detention with Ms.Baldwin for two weeks." They all hate her. She's an old teacher who makes kids knit with her in detention. If they refuse to, they're suspended easily.