Chapter 14

Noel POV

I heard a knock at my door.

"Come in." The door opened, and it was Carter smiling at me. I laughed, her smile makes me happy. It's contagious.

She closed the door, locked it, and came over to me. She hugged me and kissed my cheek, then went to my microwave. She took a bowl out and put it in the microwave, punched in numbers, and looked at me still smiling hard.

"I don't know why you have a microwave if you're so forgetful with lunch." She said teasing me. I laughed.

"Mostly because I actually was going to use it. I knew if I forgot enough I'd put a reminder for myself. But I never did because you always brought me something." She laughed and shrugged.

"I guess you have a point." I rolled my eyes then sniffed the air and moaned.

"That smells good. Some kind of pasta?" She nodded.

"I thought maybe you were tired of Lunchables. So I got you spaghetti. I won't tell you if I made it or not until you taste it." I laughed.

"I'm sure it'll be good, I mean the smell is great." She turned around and looked at me still smiling and the microwave beeped.

"What's made you smile so much?"She took the food out and came over to me. She put the food down and wrapped her arms around my waist.

"You make me happy. You make me smile. Seeing you makes me smile. Knowing that we've resolved our issues and moved on makes me smile. I don't think I've ever been so happy, except for when I watch SpongeBob." I laughed and pushed her away.

"You always ruin the moment. Always." She laughed and sat in the desk beside mine.

"Sit down, eat." I raised my eyebrow at her.

"Where's your food?" She laughed again.

"I ate it already. I got hungry, and Kale and I ended up eating all of my lunch last hour. I barely managed to hide that from him." I laughed and sat down beside her and opened the container.

"Wait. A fork, let me get it out of my lunchbox." She pulled out a plastic fork in one of those clear plastic bags with the napkin and gave it to me. I opened the thing and took out the fork. Then I took a bite of the spaghetti.

Wow, why am I surprised? I knew Carter could cook, but this is great.

"Carter, this is amazing." She smiled widely.

"Glad you like it. I did cook it, it's not my special recipe though. That's the normal recipe. Now, I usually make my own sauce, and it's really good."

"I'd like to taste it." I said eating more. Carter laughed and looked at me amused.

"What?" She shrugged.

"I really like how you aren't trying to eat really proper. You don't really care. Most girls eat a small bit, then they wipe their mouths and so on. Then they stop after a few bites or something. I mean, no you aren't being messy, but you aren't shy while you eat. You know what I mean?" I nodded and laughed.

"No, honestly, it's a habit. I started to eat like this because my mother wanted us to eat a certain way, and I hated that. So I did the opposite. This is basically that." She looked at me confused.

"But, that's not even bad." I shrugged.

"She seemed to think so." She stayed quiet in thought as I ate. After I finished, she looked at me.

"Can I ask you something?" I nodded.

"Are you 100% positive Alex has no feelings for you?" I looked at her confused and she sighed.