Chapter 22

Carter POV

I woke up to someone calling my phone. I opened my eyes and Noel was laying on me, she was snoring softly and I smiled. I pulled myself from under her and got my phone.

"Hello?" I heard sniffles and then a reply.

"Carter."

"Amy, what's wrong?" I asked her, though I'm sure if I was all the way woke I'd have known.

"Mom didn't take it well, she kicked me out. Then I told Alex to drop me off at Kale's house. I should've came over, but I didn't. Kale's no help, and I know you're also not that good at comforting people, but it's better than Kale. I know it's a lot to ask, but can you just come over? Kale's asleep now." I really would like to be there for Amy.

"Yeah, I'll be there. I just need to tell Noel I'm leaving. Everything will be fine Amz, okay?" She sniffed and mumbled an okay. I hung up and shook Noel softly.

"Babe, wake up." She opened her eyes after a bit and smiled at me, then she saw my facial expression.

"What's wrong?"

"Amy's Mom didn't take it well. She kicked her out, and she's over Kale's house. He didn't really comfort her that well, and she can't really sleep. I need to go over there. I'll pick her up and bring her to my house."

"That sucks.. I'll go with you, I don't want you to drive alone, it's pretty late. Plus, I think I understand Amy more than anyone else around here. I can talk to her.. She can stay over here actually. I have a bedroom open, or she can just room with Alex." I looked at her surprised.

"Really? You'd do that for her?" She nodded.

"Of course. I've never told you, but I was kicked out also. But Dad made her let me back in. It wasn't long, but it still hurt. I stayed with Alex. Babe, any friend of yours is a friend of mine, and I really like Amy. Enough talking, call her and tell her to get her stuff because she's coming over. Let's go." I nodded and called Amy as I put my shoes on and got the keys.

"Hello?" She asked just as we were going down the stairs.

"Amy, get your clothes and things together, we're on our way."

"Okay." She said softly and hung up. It hurts me to know my best friend is so distraught. I'm so lucky to have a girlfriend like Noel, who's so caring and loving. We got into the car and drove to Kale's house. I called Amy once more to tell her to come outside. She came out and she had a suitcase. I jumped out of the car and went to hug her. She dropped the suitcase and started crying in my shoulder.

"Come on, let's go. Go get in the car, I have the suitcase, okay?" She nodded and walked to the car sniffing. I picked up the suitcase and brought it to my trunk. I put it in and got in the car. Noel had switched and got in the back seat with Amy. They were talking in quiet voices and there was a lot of sniffing. Noel was hugging Amy. I smiled a bit, at my two girls.

I started up the car and went back to the house. I drove into the garage and they got out and went into the house. I got her suitcase and brought it up to Josh's old room. I went downstairs and they were on the couch.

"So, Amy, I put your bags in Josh's old room, but you can share a room with Alex if you want." She looked at me confused.

"Amy, I'm gonna let you stay here. You can sleep in either room." She looked at Noel and started crying again.

"Really? You'd let me do that? Thank you!" She said hugging Noel.

"It's no problem, and if you want, I'll even pay for you to go to New York with us." My eyes widened. This is the wonderful woman I'm so fortunate to have.